Fordham University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Fordham University

Sophia

I love Fordham! I just finished my freshman year there and can honestly say it was a great fit for me. The fact that it's in New York City cannot be understated. My friends and I were always in the city at least once a week and even with covid there was always something happening. Fordham is definitely a bar school considering how strict it is on campus and a good amount of people have been written up for at least one violation ("getting doc-ed"). Overall the school is good academically. I was an honors student in high school and took a bunch of APs and I think that Fordham is rigorous but not too much work. Class sizes are small and the professors are mostly great. Students tend to have mixed feelings about the core curriculum, but I enjoyed the core classes I took and it's part of Fordham's mission of creating a well rounded individual (cura personalis is their whole thing). A lot of students were raised Catholic but there's definitely a lot of openness to different religions but at the same time if you are a practicing Catholic there are lots of opportunities. The stereotype is that students lean conservative but I feel like a majority are more liberal although politics isn't a huge part of campus life. As for the neighborhood it's definitely not the safest but you absolutely cannot beat Pugsley's or Best Deli. Once you get to know the neighborhood youll feel way more at home. The party scene is mostly on weekends and like I said it's a bar school but there are a good amount of off campus parties. Obviously everything was different with covid. You can also go into the city on weekends which is always fun. There are tons of places my friends and I have discovered that are a great way to spend a saturday night. I think that at surface level, fordham does live up to some of its stereotypes, but you'll find there's a lot more to most of the kids that go here. Oh and the food really does suck.

deirdre

The campus has a diverse student body. Students appeared involved in campus events and activities. There seems to be a wide variety of events to meet varied interests. They gave positive reviews of professors. The location and choice of two campuses is a real plus. The Ram Van is a service that helps students travel between the two campuses.

Amit

I attended Fordham University as a freshman, and let me give you my most honest opinion: while it is a decent and nice school, there are many negatives about this university that ended up forcing me to transfer to NYU, a much better university for my major. There are three reasons why I decided to transfer: 1. The main reason: The pre-med program here is just pure garbage; if you are coming here to do some sort of STEM major, then don’t even bother coming here. The professors are just adjunct professors who seem like they don’t want to be there. I had one lab Professor in my second semester who never spoke a word. You heard that right, not even a single word! We were lucky to have a graduate student helping our class, otherwise we were toast. Unless you are a business major and get into Gabelli, it’s not worth your time and money to come here. The Core curriculum is totally useless, as it makes you take so many classes that you don’t even need for your major. 2. As a commuter and minority student, it was very hard for me to fully adjust to the campus. There is a serious lack of diversity within the campus, as most people are white, upper middle class kids who come from Catholic schools. Most are also from the tri-state area. Pretty much all the students I know are Columbia or NYU rejects and decided to come here because they give a good amount of financial aid (one of the very few positives). The residents and commuters didn’t seem to mesh together very well either. 3. There are very few opportunities for internships or jobs, especially if you are a pre-med student. We pay thousands of dollars to this school, and yet they don’t have good access to jobs! Also, the food here is just horrible and I feel they should put more of our money into that. Fordham definitely had some positives, as I was able to make good friends who definitely cared about doing well. However, there were just too many negatives that forced me to transfer.

I have had an amazing experience at Fordham University.

Christopher

Fordham is an excellent school with ever-growing potential. The school's aesthetic is beautiful; the building's architecture makes you feel like you're living at Hogwarts. Along with the buildings is our amazing landscaping. Fordham takes pride in providing the community with impeccable landscaping to match seasonal events such as Christmas. The combination of the buildings and the landscape creates a visually appealing environment for students to relax, study, workout, or hang with friends. The atmosphere creates a welcoming living environment for on-campus housing. I have lived on campus for the past three years, and they have been mixed experiences. Freshmen year housing was not the best housing, the dorm I lived in was old and very tight, but to its credit all freshmen dorms were cramped and not the best. The benefit to this is that it forces you to spend less time in your dorm room and more time in the common areas. This allows students to socialize more and make friends easily, I owe the many friends I made to this terrible aspect of my freshmen year housing. My sophomore and junior years on campus were pretty good. Both dorms had air conditioning and were a good living size. My junior dorm was apartment styled with a newly renovated kitchen. The only real downside to living on campus is Fordham's strict dormitory rules. This is a little expected since the University is a Jesuit Catholic based institution. Some of the rules include signing in and out all guest between 6pm and 3:30am, even if they're Fordham students, and having to get a guess pass for non-university students at least 24 hours before they visit. These rules can be discouraging for students to have guest on campus, and is part of the reason why many students choose to live off campus early. Fordham is located in the central part of the Bronx. Our neighbors include the New York Botanical Gardens and the Bronx Zoo, which is the biggest and best Zoo in the country (opinion). If a student ever needs to step back from their studying they have two amazing places to explore to clear their minds, both of which are free for Fordham students. The metro north is also located ten feet from one of Fordham's campus entrances. This allows students to take a train directly to into the city with a mere 25-minute ride to on-campus shuttles called Ram Vans that run every half hour until 4am. These vans take students to and from our Lincoln Center campus next to Columbus Circle at a very affordable rate of $3.50 per ride. Although we are a footstep away from the city, we are still located in an area of the Bronx that does not appreciate naivety. What I mean is that the areas outside of Fordham are like most places where you need to pay attention to your surroundings and be self-aware. Fordham students quickly adapt to the area and are able to learn valuable lessons in street smarts. This may concern other people, but I have always been thankful of the surrounding community for teaching me how to be street smart, and I can say the same for the majority of my friends at Fordham. Students are lucky enough to not only have NYPD patrolling the surrounding streets at night, but also Fordham’s public safety. Public Safety is always a phone call away for students and will go as far as picking you up wherever you are in the area if you feel unsafe. That being said, off campus housing is very popular and is an opportunity that most upperclassman seize as early as their sophomore year. Another downside to Fordham is the on-campus dining. Fordham's main dining facility "the marketplace", better known to students as "the caf", has an acquired taste to it that has never been acquired by any of its students. However, the campus has a variety of dining places to eat in conjunction with our meal plan, and some of them are actually very good. Some of the alternative places on campus include: a subway type sandwich shop with an Auntie Anne’s in it, Urban Kitchen - known to us as "the Grille" - that serves chicken nuggets, burgers, salads, smoothies, ect., and Mein Bowl a Panda Express type joint. Why do we deal with such limited on-campus dining option like we do every year you might ask? It’s because of three words, off campus dining. One part of the surrounding community that is a hotspot for students is the famous Arthur Avenue. This street is outlined with remarkable restaurants, pizzeria's, bakeries and grocery stores. These places provide a mainly Italian dining experience that is out of this world. The quality of food is worthy enough even for the Food Network, which has actually done a special on Arthur Avenue. If you're not into Italian food our area offers other options like Chipotle, Chinese take-out, and Applebee’s. The night life at Fordham is surprisingly very live, I say surprisingly because you wouldn't expect the night life of a Jesuit University to be so much fun. There are several bars to go to just outside of campus as well as a multitude of parties that are hosted by students in off campus apartments. If the Bronx does not entertain you, you can spend every weekend of your college career exploring the city, doing something different and never getting bored. The curriculum at Fordham is both challenging and curious. Fordham has an extensive liberal arts core that forces even science students to take philosophy and theology courses. The core will have students working to complete it into their senior years. The core will challenge you as a student because it will force you to study and analyze topics that may be unfamiliar to you. The core is curious because as an underclassman the core is nothing but an annoyance. No one wants to take a philosophy class as a computer science major, as you move deeper into the core you get more annoyed by how much time it takes to complete it. Towards the end though, you look back and realize that you're actually a well-rounded student with knowledge in a multitude of topics and you grow to appreciate Fordham's core. It doesn’t hurt to be able to contribute in intellectual conversation is disciplines such as theology, philosophy and literature outside of the classroom setting. You’ll impress a lot of people and maybe even yourself!. Finally, the last topic I wish to discuss is the people of the Fordham community. The administration is very helpful and considerate. They are willing to listen to your problems and offer helpful guidance. The only caveat is that they are not willing to help with last minute problems, you must reach out to them with ample notice or else they’ll be ineffective and practically useless. The faculty on the other hand is extremely understanding and supportive. Some teachers will be more than happy to help you with whatever you need as long as you give them the effort. That being said there are of course teachers who do the bear minimum and are below average, but that comes with every community. We have a large number of Jesuit priest living in their own dorm on campus since we are a Jesuit university. Honestly at first I didn’t give a second thought to the priest on campus. I stuck them in the stereotype of the average priest and wrote them off freshmen yea. As I grew through my years at Fordham I began to realize that the Jesuits are actually awesome. They are super cool to talk to and are very well educated so any conversation can turn very deep at a moment’s notice. You begin to realize as a student that the Jesuits are an amazing resource and the faster you get to know them the better your life will be. The stories that come from that crew will leave you dumbfounded and sometimes you’ll be shocked by the stuff that they’ve encountered in their lives. (i.e. actors, ghost, bar incidents…) The students at Fordham are an interesting bunch, safe to say there is a lot of variety. We have students from all over the country, but mostly from New Jersey and New York especially Long Island to be honest. Furthermore, we have a ton of international students from countries like Australia, Italy, China and other places. Saying there is a variety of students at Fordham is an understatement, there are people you’ll meet who become life-long friends, people who you enjoy being around and sharing memories. There will be people you meet who you dislike, people who rub you the wrong way, and people who you just won’t get along with. But that’s part of the experience of going to a diverse University like Fordham. Everyone at Fordham though respects one another, a simple example of our civility, which we take very seriously, is that someone will always be willing to open a door for you regardless of who you are. Making friends at Fordham is not as hard or scary as it seems, the school offers an enormous number of clubs, intramural sports, and club sports to join. If you can’t find one that sparks your interest you can always start your own, Fordham encourages students to start new clubs for just about an interest. That is not a marketing ploy either, Fordham will hear out anyone’s proposal for a new club. As a medium sized school our athletics aren’t a huge part of the campus environment, that being said if you want to be big into athletics no one is stopping you, you can be as into it as you want with your friends and have a great time. What I’ve come to learn as a rising senior is that Fordham, leisure time and academics, is as enjoyable as the effort you put into it. The more active you are in the school, the more the school gives back to you and the more you enjoy it.

Shanel

Fordham is what you make it

V

This review is for the PCS School. The quality of "instructors" is sub-par. I spent 2 years before Fordham at Nassau Community College, where the professors were seasoned and had much stronger academic backgrounds than most of the instructors at Fordham. Additionally, most of these classes are at night and the instructors want to get home. Therefore, they rob you of at least 1/2 per session that you paid for. Furthermore, the acceptance rate is 50%. Not exactly choosy about who attends. It's all about the money for this place. You can find much better quality education elsewhere.

nadege

Fordham is a great school in NYC and offers a variety of majors. There are 3 campuses that cater to students. The faculty is great and very accommodating. I returned to Fordham to pursue my graduate degree because I believe in the University's mission. They also have an extensive alumni network who mentor and help students plan for their futures.

Angela

Fordham University is a school that I believe is a great fit for students who are passionate about learning and their future success. It is a tight knit community which means a student doesn't have to feel confused about where locations are or where their classes will be held. It is very easy to make friends, the student just has to be open to do so.

Anthony

The staff and facilities for academic learning are excellent. While sports and food aren't the main focus of the university funding; students are mainly there to learn. The location being in New York offers large advantages for business and political students because of the wealth of internships and places to continue education and do research. The school's tuition will be on the pricey side but, if you're capable of affording it then I highly recommend attending Fordham University.

Edgar

I am proud to be at Fordham. The colour maroon will forever symbolize the exciting time of my life that I call "college." As a rising senior, I have experienced enough of college to know that even though Fordham is not perfect I have no regrets in my college decision. Sure the food is not five stars on Yelp quality and administration could be nicer, but there are helpful professors and friendly students that make this gated community in the Bronx feel like home.

John-Eric

I enjoyed my time there, but more because of what I made of the social aspect and the friends I still have from there til this day. A student can get easily lost in the shuffle here. I was first-generation college-bound and low-income. I didn't really know how things in college worked and I wasn't fully made aware. Granted, I probably could have looked harder, but at the same time, when you don't know what's available, you don't know what to ask. I barely knew any of my professors, including in my major. I went to them after class for review a lot, but never built a personal relationship with them. Career services didn't do much for me when I was looking for a job and I went there multiple times. I currently work there and I've seen a huge shift in the culture of the school and how it's run. When I was there, I had friends from many different backgrounds and socioeconomic statuses. Now when you walk around the campus, you see very little diversity. The school has also strayed a bit from it's Catholic roots. I'm not Catholic myself, but in the way they've treated their employees and such over the recent years, it's clear they are running the University more as a business and putting that first rather than taking care of those in need (ie recent issues with the University's medical/health insurance plans, how they treat adjunct professors, not giving enough scholarships so students from their actual local community can attend, etc). I will say that the campus is beautiful and there is easy access to the city. As the current slogan says "New York Is My Campus. Fordham Is My School" That is great for both internships and extracurricular activities. I speak to and hear what a few current students have to say and they seem to enjoy the school but I've visited almost every other college in the tri-state area (and beyond) and for the price they are charging and the services they offer, I wouldn't bother unless I was going to Gabelli (which is an excellent school with state of the art equipment. Most people I know that went there have great careers and/or are making good money).

Maria

This school would be nothing without the amazing faculty it has. The administration is terrible to students. It does not support us or listen to us, but the professors here make it all bearable. They support us, inspire us, encourage us. Fordham would be wise to treat them fairly.

Mariam

Fordham University at Lincoln Center is all that of your dreams. For the most part, professors are a joy to work with and an adventure to learn from. They are all so overqualified, with educational experience, as well as life experience. Professors from all over the world. The campus is wonderful, so many events and activities catered to students of all backgrounds. Food isn't so great but being in the midst of Lincoln center offers so many great alternatives.

Fordham is one of those schools that tries really hard to be prestigious but misses the mark. The students are extremely cliquey and there's often clear divides in the student body based on race and socioeconomic status. While the residents/non-native New Yorkers at RH and LC like to believe that they're vastly different from each other, they're pretty much the same in most ways. The academics are okay depending on your major and concentration. Some students get so much more leeway and preference over others based on what they're studying. Dance and theater kids, along with communications students, overrun LC. If you're interested in any of those, you'll get lots of benefits and resources. If you're interested in the sciences, LC doesn't care about you, so you'll be on your own. It does build a sense of independence though, so that's a silver lining.

Madeline

Fordham University acts as a quiet home within one of the world's biggest cities. It comes with all of the opportunities and activities of Manhattan while having the old buildings and greenery of a rural university. There is a strong sense of community, school-wide events, and many clubs to join. While we do have sports, they do not always have the biggest crowds (but their parties do). The cafeteria food is mediocre at best (besides the cookies) but other grab-and-go places around campus are great such as Cosi . Class sizes are barely ever over 20-25 unless it is a science lecture hall. Teachers are great about meeting outside of class and getting to know their students. From the moment you step on to campus there is always someone to turn to. Transportation to Manhattan is only 20 minutes via the MetroNorth, or 20-60 minutes via the subway depending on where your destination is.

Lyric

I really loved the environment of the school, I felt as if I belonged. Everyone was so welcoming and sweet that I just wished I made friends with them. Someone once told me when you step foot on campus you'll know if this school is for you and visiting this college I had this feeling. The school itself is beautiful and I really loved what they had to offer.

Vivienne Marie

Despite not being my dream school, Fordham's been pretty great. Most people are friendly and willing to help. The professors are also usually pretty fun people. Most of the introduction classes however are taught by graduate students; for those classes, it's a bit of a hit and miss. One of my favorite teachers is a grad student, but two of the more boring ones were too.

I like my school. It is a true fountain of knowledge with dedicated professors who will respond to any question promptly. What I also like is the opportunity to study online since I have a full time ministry besides my studies. The only problem is that it is difficult to access funding for those of us who have no paying jobs. However, the school does provide some tuition awards to help students who are as needy as myself. My hope is that the school will be able to assist those who really need funding through federal or other sources of funding especially for graduate students who seem to have less recourse to aid as it seems that there is less funding for Religious studies. These are necessary in today's world because digging deeper into spirituality will enable the human being to live more fully and will eliminate the violence that plagues our world.

Eli

I've been a TA for 3 classes. There's a mix of everyone here! Only RH has a group of athletes, most of whom drink and party weekly. That's it. I'd say 50-60% of kids at LC and RH have academically competitive kids in each class. Maybe 10-20% are partiers or not here for school. The other 20-30% of students try to do well in exams, but they don't make grades a big priority. I'd say the academic kids are most supported in general. The rest are just here for their athletics, money or something else. If you have ambition and grit, you have the space to do well at Fordham without all the student competition.

Crystal

Fordham University has afforded me the opportunity to excel both personally and professionally. Through stimulating a love of learning and a need to find service opportunities in my life to be a woman for others has allowed me to grow as an individual beyond my expectations. Fordham has allowed me to chase my dreams while falling into activities that I never would have thought possible. As an undergrad, I not only achieved a degree in marketing but also became a NYS certified EMT, a published writer and an individual who is no longer afraid of the unknown.

Karla

Although it is my first semester at Fordham University, I have had a great experience starting with my enrollment. While applying to the MSW program, I was provided with an enrollment advisor that called me weekly and answered all my questions. After being accepted into the program, I have had welcome calls from a placement advisor and student services advisor. I believe these are all positive vital points for a school to have.

Hiba

It's a good school but make sure you take advantage of the Bronx and all the great food in little Italy. Girls be careful off campus. Gabelli students have the best quality of life and get the best jobs. Science majors usually get screwed but do okay in the end.

Millie

It was my dream to attend Fordham University. Being able to attend is awesome. I love being here. The classes are small, the teachers are great and they are extremely helpful. All three campus locations are in great areas in which are easily accessible via public transportation and via personal vehicle. I would not change it for anything else.

Bailey

I chose Fordham because its well renowned for its business school and its close proximity to NYC while still having a gated-in campus. Rose Hill is more known for liberal arts and business while Lincoln Center is more known for the arts. Fordham pushes students to apply to internships early in order to build up resumes. There were also many clubs/events to help students network. I found my job as an analyst at a large NYC bank through Fordham's career portal.

Dylan

Fordham University is a very liberal school. The Computer Science department isn't the greatest. Fordham lacks in the technology department. You will find spelling errors online. Fordham is also strict in limiting major and minor combinations. Your major and minor can not have more than two overlapping courses. That is ridiculous. The core curriculum is very intense.

I love this school, it continues to help me grow more each day. Though it is very expensive, the experiences, the people you meet, and the wisdom you gain make it all worth it. I appreciate the effort the school puts in to keep up with their appearances as well.

Fordham University is a great place to get your Undergraduate or Graduate level degree. As a math major, I can be the one to tell you that all the math professors are brilliant and are always helping out the students. There is a Math Help room that operates Monday through Friday from 930am to 430pm with professors and senior students who can tutor you in various topics in math. Even if you show up after hours, there is always someone there who can help you with your math questions, especially me!

Clifford

Fordham has become a home for me. There hasn't been a single day for which I haven't fallen more and more in love with this school. The academics are challenging, the people are openminded, and we are located in the heart of the greatest city on Earth!

jake

Fordham University overall is a good institution. Every school has its positives and negatives and Fordham is no exception. Academically, in the College of Rose Hill, arts and sciences, there are too many core requirements. I would eliminate one philosophy requirement, one sacred texts requirement, and one science requirement. This would allow students to have more choices in courses that they want to take as opposed to being forced to take classes or subjects in which they are not interested. I enjoy that most professors are willing to meet with students in their office hours as well as outside of their office hours if the time conflicts with the student's schedule. The professors are excellent at Fordham, helping us to understand the material better and being able to apply the information outside of the class room. I would have liked to double major in music and business; however, Fordham has a rule that doesn't allow students do that. If Fordham allowed students cross majors in different schools, it would make the university more appealing to prospective students. Socially the school is great whether people want to join club or intermural sports, the sketch comedy, theatre groups, a cappella groups, or WFUV, the school has something for everyone. Depending on the type of person you could go to the bars three or four times a week, or never go and that’s okay, since the city is at your finger tips or if you want to stay on campus, events are happening every weekend. Food quality in the caféteria isn’t great but it is consistently getting better every school year. Housing is more expensive than other colleges, since we are in New York City. However, many people move off campus to save money and get away from the strict rules of housing.

Anthony

Great school that has a great vibe.

Zach

Fordham University is not an Ivy league School. It is not even a Baby Ivy. Nor does it have any remote connection to Blue Ivy Carter. What Fordham University does have is a unique collection of faculty, students, and curriculum that make you feel both safe and challenged. Its a religious based institution [Jesuit operated] that treats faith with respect while also making everyone feel included. What really drew me to Fordham was their message. They could teach you all the facts you want to learn, but if they don't teach you how to make life decisions with an accurate and open moral compass, then they have failed you.

jayla

Fordham University is the perfect college for people who want a very quality education in the heart of New York City. The professors are lovely and the opportunity that you have at your fingertips is what makes the school so great. The theatre program is the TOP B.A. program in the country and I first hand can tell you it gets that rating for a reason!

Mackenzie

Coming from a small town I was intimidated at first but Fordham University is the best choice I have ever made. Not only does Fordham have outstanding Jesuit Academics, amazing sports, a beautiful campus, but it genuinely has an impeccable student body. I believe what makes Fordham what it is, is the fact that Fordham may be our school but New York City (the best city in the world) is our campus. I could not be any happier than where I am now, and I know that this school will lead me to great places.

Ahmari

Fordham University is a very rigorous and overall well rounded institution that generally prioritizes the academic needs and standards of the students attending. The class sizes are small and provide an effective learning environment. The professors are usually adamant about accommodating the needs and suggestions of students in effort to make the class as valuable an experience as possible. There is some room for improvement in terms of facilities such as the quality of the dorm amenities; as well as the food quality. Fordham also makes an effort to produce a well rounded student with their core curriculum which requires students to explore all mediums of academic study in some capacity. It also seeks to create a well balanced citizen by both encouraging hard academic work as well as giving back to the community through service programs like Global Outreach and their Urban Plunge program which seek to help underfunded and facilitated communities. While Fordham does not push or seek to instill the Jesuit faith upon students, it does implement the Jesuit values of serving one's community through these tactics. Holistically Fordham is a very enjoyable university to attend, and I would highly recommend it those who want a well rounded experience immersed in an incredibly dynamic city, full of opportunities to supplement the knowledge and growth you achieve at a school like Fordham.

Annie

Fordham University is a school that has many juxtaposing aspects of life, as is true of all colleges, I am sure. However, the conflicting characteristics of the school and the polarized personalities of the students who go there make it very difficult to feel that you belong, because you are unsure of what exactly you belong to. It's a strange culture within the campus, filled with white kids who are either trendy and preppy, or pseudo-counterculture hipsters. There is definitely some cross-over in terms of micro-social circles, but for the most part, your appearance dictates your friend groups. Failure to fall within the the two greater types of people leaves you quite isolated. However, how isolated can you really be in New York City? The proximity to the city is wonderful, though, any person who grows fond of NYC will wish the Rose Hill campus were actually within Manhattan. But in a way, it can be nice to escape the city and return to a campus with beautiful old trees. Side note, nothing is more beautiful than Rose Hill in the rain and snow. It always seems to look like both Harry Potter and Paris. However, the buildings themselves are not nearly as beautiful as the brochure wants you to believe. The outsides of them are stunning, but they're almost like a props or sets. Once you go inside, the academic buildings appear dirty and feel quite uncomfortable. The dorms are similar, but they are not so lucky to even appear approachable from the outside. The food is truly terrible. Honestly an awful experience for people who have any kind of dietary restrictions. This is one of the areas within which I truly cannot understand how the tuition can cost so much, but show for so little.

Marika

Fordham has a beautiful campus and is one of the best schools regarding their academics and their student life. I recommend this school to everyone because it really is a great school. I am not attending the school as of right now but every Fordham student (family members and friends) I have talked to have told me how great the school is.

Tamilla

Fordham University, to me, is a facility that presents more benefits than disadvantages. An experience to live or travel to the city of New York, a social life, a rigorous academia and an abundance of oppurtunities are granted by this school. It may have its ups and downs, but what college doesn't? So far, I am very pleased to have chosen Fordham as my journey through four years of undergrad.

Jackeline

At Fordham, the professors are exceptional. They encourage us to meet them during their office hours and are always willing to give us or set up help. There a various clubs and activities, but I don’t hear many people talking a about them. The facilities they offer such as the writing center and career services really encourage students to start looking for internships and jobs from freshman years s well as strengthening their writing abilities. There isn’t much of a social life at Lincoln Center, but from what I’ve gathererd the student are kind to one another.

Adina

Fordham is an excellent school to attend and I believe the right school for me. The only downside of the school for me comes from my personal decision to commute rather than dorm. This is a college with a hefty amount of students dorming, so if you are not dorming, you are going to feel left out sometimes. Of course that comes with the benefit of most likely living at home, like myself, and always having family and non school friends to go home and unwind to.

Overall, I really do love Fordham. I attend the Lincoln Center campus, which is right at the bottom of the upper west side. This means that even though the campus is tiny, we have great access to the whole city. The academics are very good, and professors here are very concerned over their student's well being. Some policy is unfair due to the school's jesuit values, but these same values allow for the school to truly care about each student. I am glad I chose to come here despite some shortcomings.

Mercedes

Fordham is an amazing school! There's always things going on around campus. The professors are really there to help students and always available if you need extra help. There are a bunch of interesting classes to choose from. Students also have a great variety of majors and minors to choose from, as well.

Fkdododndbdb

Fordham University is a great school. Through the core curriculum I learned a lot about my interests and even found my major. The campus is beautiful. The professors are generally very knowledgeable and accessible. Dorms are generally very good, and housing is guaranteed for four years if you are accepted with housing. Great access to New York City and all it has to offer. Overall, great school

Kristi

I transferred to Fordham after my freshman year and it was the best decision I could have made. Almost all of my classes have been interesting and thought provoking. I live-off campus but there are so many extracurricular activities and ways to get involved with the school that make you feel like you're part of the community.

Isabella

I think Fordham is a great University to attend. The impression that I got from visiting makes me very excited to attend the university in the fall. From what I have seen from other current students, there is a lot to do around the city with other people if you aren't too keen on the extracurriculars.

Casey

Fordham is a great institution and values the development of the entire person in numerous different fields, along with the field that a student studies in. Fordham's Jesuit values and the idea of living for others is the reason I enrolled in the first place. While I often have conflicting feelings about the school, I am proud to be a student there regardless.

Rosemarie

I absolutely love Fordham. When a family friend suggested I visit, I was determined to hate it, but I fell in love the minute I stepped on campus. At Fordham, I feel valued and challenged; I'm not just another face in the crowd. I've made wonderful friends and love my roommate. Don't let the Bronx scare you; the city is an easy subway ride away, and as long as you keep your wits about you you won't be in any jeopardy. Fordham does have a large core, which some students dislike, but I enjoy being able to try lots of different disciplines and meeting new students through these varying areas. My professors have been kind and accessible, and all my classes are small, from 20 to 35 students. I love Fordham and I hope you're open to joining our Ramily!

Julia

I love going to school here. The students and professors constitute a great intellectual environment. But there are some politics in the administration that need to be worked out. We also need to recycle instead of paying the fine for not recycling. Furthermore, we need to have more discussions on how our predominately white campus can work to break boundaries with the surrounding community and use our privilege for the better.

Sabah

Fordham University is considered to be one of the best schools in New York. I am very pleased to be accepted into the class of 2023, and honored to have been able to meet with the people on campus. It is critical for me to attend a university that emphasizes growth and diversity, and I know that Fordham’s resources and programs will allow me to start a rewarding career path.

Abigail

The administration sucks, but that's pretty much true everywhere. I'm a theatre performance major, and the theatre program here is great. Everyone is so supportive, much more than at other drama programs I've heard about. The academics are pretty satisfying for me as well, which is a huge plus. Wouldn't go anywhere else!