Forsyth Technical Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Forsyth Technical Community College

Christopher

I believe this school is one of the best community colleges in the nation. It provides an excellent variety of courses leading to many different majors and careers. The student/teacher relationships are very reassuring and you feel that they really want to help you, which is sometimes rare to find in college.

William

Forsyth Tech is a good transitional school, despite its small size. It has an excellent nursing school. The professors are very accessible. Not all professors speak excellent English, but this is not uncommon on any campus. The online aspect of classes since COVID hit has been very good and the school has been very well prepared.

Aileen

The Interior Design program on the Forsyth Technical Community College campus became like a second home to me. All the instructors are like our mentors and always oversee that we put our best foot forward. Aside from the program, overall Forysth Tech is safe college and the students there are always involved in extracurricular activities or events that take place on campus and do a great job at promoting their activities to students that are unaware of the facilities that Forsyth Tech offers.

Forsyth Tech is a good place to get some gen ed classes out of the way at an affordable price, but there are many things to be desired. The parking lots are very over crowded and students are forced to park in a dirt lot near the woods, making it hard for some people to get to their classes on time. Another big issue is the entire application process. They require so many forms, but don't tell you what forms are missing until it is too late to submit them. The teachers are generally great and very accommodating, and will help you with anything. However, the dean and other higher ups couldn't care less about a students plight, making it very hard to get anything done because unless it brings in money for the school, or benefits them personally, they will do their best to not help. On the other hand, the advisers they have are some of the best, and can help you with anything. This school is not bad by any means, its a great way to get an associates or transfer credits, but there are some things that make it stressful for a student.

Avery

I love Forsyth Tech and am sad to be transferring. At Forsyth Tech, I refound my love for education. There are great professors with great student who are ready to learn! If I had to pick one complaint, it would be the safety on campus. I was always a little nervous to be walking around campus. However, overall, I will miss Forsyth Tech because of the great academics.

Madison

It is a good and resourceful community college. It offers a lot and is very willing to help out the students who attend. They make you feel welcomed and have events often enough to keep you interested in following their facebook page. Professors are helpful and willing to help

Bryan

I did not like it here. The people were not all bad but my ENG 112 teacher was terrible. I never would have thought to be using ACA format ever since the new MLA 8. However, she made us use it and gave little to no instructions on the homework nor the assignments.

Heather

My overall opinion of Forsyth Tech is amazing so far. Every student that is attending Forsyth Tech has a different opinion which they are entitled to have. But this is my opinion. FTCC has a couple off campuses located in King and Walnut Cove for the convenience of the students that live in Stokes county. They also have a campus in Kernersville and Winston-Salem along with their main campus. The professors are always available to answer any questions that the student may have. Some can even be reached through email if the question happens to come up after the student is done with classes for the day.

Cynthia

Forsyth Tech is a great community college to take courses at, and with the financial advantage. There are a plethora of activities to get involved in- ranging from student government to anime club. The student body is diverse and welcoming. One could get their daily exercise by walking across campus. The parking situation is not the best, so get there early. Overall, Forsyth Tech is a good school. It's up to you to make the best of it.

Alfina

It's a pretty cool place, people are so nice there and the teachers are always helping. The campus is actually small so the classes are about 15 to at most 30 students per class which I like. Forsyth Tech is also cheap; if you want to take baby steps before going to a university.

Brandon

Forsyth Tech is an overall pretty average school. All of the professors seem to be hit or miss, I've had professors that were excellent teachers that cared deeply for my education and were always accessible for help. I've also had professors that just really didn't care about wether or not I learned anything form the class. The campus is pretty nice. The other students are mostly nice and fun to talk to. Overall, Forsyth Tech is a good place to go.

Sandra

Forsyth Tech is a great school. The instructors are always ready to help the students with questions. They have a great choice of classes. The advisors are always easy to get an appointment with. They have a variety of in class and on-line classes for people like me that work full time. I have been through three semesters and I wouldn't change anything about any of my experience at Forsyth Tech.

Evelyn

This is a lovely school and although it does not offer housing, the campus is very beautiful and the stores and cafes are really great. The students and staff are also nice people. There is always someone there to help you. Not only that but this school offers many activities for their students to be a part of. Anyone looking for a comfortable and inexpensive school should think about attending Forsyth Tech.

Jarod

Forsyth Technical Community College is a good school for someone trying to pursue higher education. The staff are willing to help most of the time, and the community is one of fellowship and bonding. The school does an excellent job of preparing the student for a bigger university or finding a job in the students career choice.

Scarlett

Forsyth tech is a good starter school , to get you use to the "real world". But if your looking for a party school then this is the wrong one , they are all about education here. There are multiple different age groups who attend. And majority of the teachers are very good and understanding which you don't come across to often !

Sasha

I have attended Forsyth tech since the summer of 2017, Participating in dual enrollment for my junior and senior year of high school. I am currently a first year college student there and have enjoyed it so far. Sometimes resources and academics can be challenging, but are usually resolved rather quickly.In all, I would definitely recommend Forsyth Tech to anyone.

Destiny

It's a great place to come to for an Associates or just Pre-requisites in general. All the professors are really helpful, and are easily accessible during their office hours. The school is also a really affordable option for those who may not be able to afford University right away.

donny

I'm so happy to be apart Of the first Forsyth Tech community and to be a student there . They has helped me more than I could ever put into words and has given me the confidence that I needed to be able to go back to school. I encourage everyone to give Forsyth Tech Community College a try. They will work with you and try to do anything that they can to make sure that you are happy and getting the education that you would like and need.

Stefania

It is a great community college. Administrative employees are always available to help you if you need it. Professor are professional and let you know that you and your opinion matters. The facilities are great around the whole campus.

Abigail

Despite all of it’s flaws, I have made some of my best friends at Forsyth Tech, and I have loved the majority of my professors. Most of them are helpful and kind, and I have genuinely enjoyed their classes. I do not like the facilities very much, because they aren’t in the best areas, but that is why I take online classes.

Sokhna

I really love this school. It is very diverse. The classes are a good size, each class has about 20-24 students. The professors are always happy to help students even during there office hours. Overall this school is great the environment is great and so are the people.