Fort Hays State University Top Questions

Shawna

The best thing about Fort Hays is the small town atmosphere that goes with Fort Hays but you also have some of the bigger town benefits. If you want to be involved in the school pride part you can be but it never really feels like you have to be, it's a choice. People usually ask me if I like Fort Hays, and it is the best decision I've ever made.

My overall opinion of the school is good. I was a non traditional student and took many online classes. The professors and staff were awesome and supportive and were really interested in the sucess of the students.

Fort Hays offers many different activities to be involved in. One nice thing is that students get into all athletic events for free(volleyball, football,basketball,etc.)! I think the school is just right in size. Some of the general education classes might have up to 100 or so students but most of the classes have anywhere to 10 to 30 students, therefore the teacher to student ratio is better. The teachers are all willing to help as much as possible. We have had a few rape incidents but overall I feel like our campus is pretty safe. Most of the people will smile and say Hi as you walk by them and I feel like this is because it is a smaller school than for instance, WSU, KSU, or KU.