Fort Scott Community College Top Questions

I would have told myself to stick with it and that there is nothing more important than getting a college degree. Life will always be out there and to do the things that are important now and worry about the rest later. I would have told myself not to worry as much about what life had in store for me.

Randi

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would have told myself to avoid procrastination. In high school it was easy to procrastinate because classes were so much easier; but, in college it is not that easy. I would have told myself that, in order to do my best work, I should not wait until the last minute to do my school work. I would have told myself that to do the best work, procrastination is a terrible idea.

College is a big step from high school, and finding which college is right for you is a huge decision. College not only gives you a chance to explore who you are as an individual, it also allows you to make new friends, discover your likes and interests, and it encourages you to be responsible and manage your time wisely. Make a point to learn of the scholarships and programs a college offers. Try to have an idea of what you might like to major in, but don't be surprised when you change your major (sometimes multiple times). Be upbeat and friendly and make a point to make friends in your classes; your friendships will carry you through the rough times at college. The transition to college may seem scary, and it may not be for everyone, but for those who do brave the transition, the homework, and the late night studies, they will know that their choice to attend college was not in vain.