Fox Valley Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Fox Valley Technical College

Samuel

Fox Valley Technical College is in my opinion a great college, the tuition cost is low compared to other colleges, the classes all have a wide range of meeting times and most are even offered online, and at least in my program most of my professors are adjuncts, which means they are veterans in their respective fields. It helps me strive to do better knowing that the lessons I’m learning come straight from people working the jobs I dream to have.

It's a great environment where everyone is friendly. It's also a college where there are over 10 foreign language classes, the tuition is low, and a place that brings positive vibes.

Lisa

I am grateful to be going to this Technical college. The instructors have been very helpful and patient with my learning pace.

Rebecca

Fox Valley Tech is a great place to be. For starters, on the financial side, it is much less than a 4 year college. The instructors are always available and willing to help. Just shoot them an email or swing by their office, and they are always welcoming. There are plenty of activities put on by the school that are family friendly. Everyone is always so helpful. I am proud to be a non-traditional student at Fox Valley Tech.

Kirk

Fox Valley Technical College is an excellent school for anyone who either wants to develop new or continue building technical skills. General education courses are provided as well, allowing a student to become very well rounded. Graduates from FVTC are very likely to get a good job in their field.

Morgan

I am in the Dental Hygiene program. I haven't lived on campus but they recently did get "dorms". There are a lot of different clubs at school. I am involved in Phi Theta Capa at the moment. I don't expect much from the tech because it is a tech school but it's pretty good.

Fox Valley Technical College has the perfect learning atmosphere for adult students like me. The instructors are very knowledgeable in their fields and are always there to answer your questions. There are multiple places to study and do homework on campus and even a Learning Center where students can get help or tutoring in a specific subject.

Carly

I'm very happy with my choice to continue my education at FVTC! It's a great education and a great way to save some money! I would highly recommend anyone to go to Fox Valley Tech, even if it's just for the first two years to save some money on your gen ed's, then transferring to a four year college.

Anne

FTVC is a great school, active in the community, caring about it's students, all staff wants every student to succeed. Diverse student and faculty members that strive to get along and help each other. Very clean, quiet, well equipped classrooms, instructors, and general areas.

Lisa

This is my first semester at Fox Valley Technical College in 28 years. It definitely has improved since I was last there. They are constantly telling you to get help if you need it, and where to get that help. They have school community programs they are always advertising them and encouraging you to join them.

Morgan

I am extremely pleased with the education that I was given and the experiences I endured while at Fox Valley Technical College. The thing that persuaded me the most to choose this college over any other technical or four year college for my degree (Forensic Science) was the choice to do classes online and in class. Living an hour away from the campus and wanting to stay at home to save money rather than living in the dorms, the online option was a great choice for me. I was able to get a hold of teachers in a timely manner by email or phone and if need be, I could come to meet up with them at the college. I did a couple classes on campus as well a couple days a week. These classes were very hands on and the teachers were very knowledgeable in what they were teaching, since they have been in the field they were teaching about. The teachers were very active in the students' learning and lives in general. They were there when I needed help with something for class, even if it meant staying after class with me to get me on the right track. With the small class sizes of about 25, students were able to have more one-on-one interaction with the teachers and everyone got to know each other better than if they were in a lecture hall with a larger number of students. This made doing hands on activities in groups much more enjoyable and fun. The small class sizes were a huge plus in general. When I first was accepted into Fox Valley Technical College, they gave me a generic timeline on the best way to accomplish my degree in two years. Then, they helped me personalize it by sitting me down and helping me figure out what would work best for me. They took into consideration that I wanted to do the online and in class options and helped set up each semester to accommodate that. Once I was in my last semester, they were there to help me figure out my future plans and how to achieve them. Teachers also gave updates on places that were hiring and other opportunities in a weekly bulletin. I appreciated the time and willingness to help me, as this time was very stressful for me. Overall, I give this a college five stars. This college reminded me of my high school and made me feel welcome. I would recommend it to anyone.

Joel

It is a very nice collage to go to if you are looking to save money, or you never imagined you would be able to go to college. They offer an unreal amount of resources for low income students, including a day care and food pantry. They are very sensitive to the needs of the students.

Great campus having an amazing experience here. I would recommend this college to anyone. Instructors are very friendly and want you to succeed. It's a technical college so there are not many sports activities going on such as football and basketball. They have sports teams however, they are not that big as they are in Division 1 college. Which is fine by me because I am here to get my degree and meet some people in my classes