Francis Marion University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Francis Marion University

daveyania

Francis Marion University is a great school. The professors are always willing to help their students with any problems before an exam. The campus life is very active and more than likely to make new friends and rekindle old ones. The campus food is very delicious and provide insight of the nutritional values for students.

Zharia

Francis Marion is easy to get into but the workload will show for itself. You must study every night for about 2 hours per class or you may not succeed as well as you would like. The campus stays clean year-round and organizations are always open to newcomers. It isn't a small campus neither a big one but every class and building is close enough to have a comfortable walk to and from classes. Just be careful if you're late, especially for an 8:30 am class because the parking lot fills fast!

Chaunasei

Francis Marion University is a great school in certain areas. As a current student i believe that our school could use more extracurricular activities so that we may have variety. We should also improve our freshman dorms because they are in terrible condition and the campus food. There are some professors who love their job and is willing to help and advise you while other are just there for a check and are very hard to compromise with especially if they are not willing to hear your opinion or your side of a story.

Deannah

I was not originally planning on attending Francis Marion University because I did not want to go to a local college. However, since attending, it has begun to feel like home. I can usually be found in the library or in the campus Starbucks, but it really has become my happy place. Francis Marion University, in my opinion, is the greatest school that I could have gone to.

Brandon

It's an pretty awesome school so far. It's very nice and clean and very easily accessible. Would recommend to any other students planning to attend college who may won't to stay close to home. The classes are fairly average not to many students piled into one class.

Thessalonia

Francis Marion University's class sizes are great and there are many opportunities like study aboard, honors society, and more. However, I wish there was more to do on campus. Maybe more clubs and organizations that are really active on campus. The professors are amazing and want students to do their best.

Edzeria

Francis Marion University is a great school to me. They have a lot of opportunities for the students, don't get me wrong it is challenging but it is suppose to be. Who ever attends FMU will do good as long as you do what your suppose to as a college student. That is studying, participating, paying attention, and just putting effort into everything you do. You will have many staff and students to help you along the way.

Addie

Francis Marion is a beautiful campus and place to be for students. Professors are always willing to help the students in any way that they can which is amazing. FMU is a great place to spend your college years and make friends you'll keep up with your entire life!

Anthony

My overall opinion of Francis Marion University is it is a great college for great people with a great mindset and for those who want to achieve higher success. Francis Marion University is very inexpensive and is located in the heart of the Pee Dee.

Susana

The best thing about Francis Marion is the class sizes. They're not too small to the point where you can't meet new people, but also they're not too big to where you can't receive the help you deserve from your professor. Campus like could be improved however, adding more clubs and organizations could be helpful.

Tiara

It is a very nice school and the professors are helpful. I love that Francis Marion has a smaller class size so my professor knows my name but not only do they know my name they know who I am. Francis Marion is growing into an amazing school. They also are developing more extracurricular activities for the students to be apart of.

FMU is a small close-knit campus, during my time here I have yet to come across someone who was unpleasant. Being a small school, my professors are always accessible and willing to help; it is easier to form relationships with your classmates because of the small class sizes. Despite being a smaller school there is no shortage of things to do and all kinds of unique people interact with. There is Greek Life, sports teams, religious and political groups; everyone is welcome here and I think that is the most beautiful part of this university.

Brianna

It is a good school. The professors are passionate and easily accessible by email or office hours. They are willing to accommodate you. I get plenty of hands on experience through the clubs and organizations I am in. The activities are endless. There are tutors and a writing center.

Ashton

It is a wonderful school that has a great faculty and staff. IF one applies oneself at FMU they have potential to do great things. The student body overall is very respectful, and we all get along great of for the most part. The campus is also small enough where you can really form tight-knit bonds with new people that you meet.

Sa-rai

The instituion really cares about the students future and how they put their effort into their courses/studies. Also, they want to aware the students that its important to ask questions if you don't understand something in the class and go to tutoring if needed.

Lauryn

Francis Marion is a pretty good school! They only need to make a few minor updates to the school. They need more lighting around campus because it’s extremely dark. We also need a higher security system. People who are banned from campus have great access to the school and that worries me.

Jasmine

Francis Marion University is a wonderful school. It has lots of academic potential opportunities and a beautiful campus. There are many extracurricular opportunities such as sports teams and sororities/fraternities. Not to mention it even has its own church. They best thing about it though is that is remarkably close to home.

Chloe

Francis Marion University is the epitome if southern living. The gorgeous campus is the perfect balance of southern charm with all the latest state if the art equipment. The student life at Francis Marion is always vibrant and inclusive, to all types of students.

Kaila

Though I am a visitor, I plan to become a Patriot in a few weeks! My time spent observing the university as well as speaking to students was more than enjoyable. Opinions vary of course and though improvement is always something for consideration, I can not help but to love this campus. We live in an imperfect world yet, Francis Marion is the perfect opportunity for learning, growth, and to get a jump start on life. I am more than proud to say that I will soon be in attendance and will make my mark on the world with the great opportunities that Francis Marion provides.

Laquisha

Overall the school is great. It's a small campus, so it's nearly impossible to get lost. You will run into the same people multiple times a day and you'll have classes with some of the same people. The school is located in a place surrounded by nature, so it's beautiful to look at and the teachers are really good.

Garriss

Francis Marion University is a nice school. The campus is a decent size, not to big or too small. The professors are almost always there to help you when needed and the staff is friendly and helpful. One of the only problems I have had is when it comes to financial aid and scholarships. I had to continually check on the aid before it finally came through.

Leah

I think Francis Marion is a great facility to attend to and the tuition is cheaper than surrounding colleges in South Carolina. Also, many students who are majoring in Nursing come to this university to better there education. The reason is Francis Marion built a Health Science building on campus and downtown Florence and there are great reviews of these two buildings.

Shanaya

I would definitely recommend any and everyone to attend FMU. The campus as such an 'at home' type of feeling. Everyone is friendly, cool and very helpful. To make it even better, the professors do more than they actually have to in order to help and see us succeed. If you want the best degree with the best people, come to us!

Alexia

I think its a great place to further your education. Francis Marion University is a place that you can become the best person and student you can possibly be. With the great academic programs and many other opportunities, its impossible to not become successful in your career of choice.

Logan

It is a terrific University to gain a degree in what your dream is to be. There are plenty of opportunities on an off campus to gain experience in work and meet professionals. It is a great place to gain lifelong friends and to begin your life away from home.

Alyssa

Overall, Francis Marion University is a very nice college with plenty of opportunities. The campus is small but beautiful. I enjoy the size because my dorm, the library, the dining hall, and all of my classes are all right there together. I love all of my professors because they actually want to see their students succeed and that is a very important factor to consider in college.

Nora

Easy to get into but hard to get out. That should be their Moto.

Cierra

Overall Francis Marion is a wonderful school. The teachers are very friendly and the students are as well. The wifi might not be the best but when it is working it is the best. There is always something going on on campus. If it is a basketball game or a baseball or softball game or even a volleyball game.

My overall opinion of Francis Marion is that it is a good school, there are numerous organizations to join and jus the right amount of students to get to know and socialize with. It is a affordable school, and the campus is safe. There is plenty fun things to do on campus.

Darious

Honestly, It's a great college, but could be more interesting if it had more activities and better ways to connect students. One thing the school could do is to have students come up with more ideas on promoting more people to come to the college. Another thing is to possibly have a football team. I know academics are important, but football would really attract more students.

Kaleb

Francis Marion is a beautiful small school that is really focused on the academics instead of partying. If people wanted to join a party school FMU probably wouldn’t be the choice for them. On the other hand if a person wants a small school with a campus that really makes you feel connected with nature this school is the perfect choice. There is so much to do on campus and even if nothing is going on just taking a walk around campus is a great pastime. It wouldn’t give the school justice if I tried to label how gorgeous the campus is, it’s just something that has to be experienced. One stroll through and you would understand the elegance of Francis Marion campus.

Quamaine

The people and atmosphere are amazing. Sporting events are always exciting to go to. Social and class experiences are very interesting, especially with many people coming from different places and backgrounds. Relationships with professors happen very often because of the small sized classes.

Janice

This is a great school for students in South Carolina that are looking for a four- year college and do not want to break the bank. Here you will receive a practical education with plenty of opportunities such as honor classes, internships and studying abroad.

jalen

Francis Marion University is a very prestigious University. From the millions of activities to all of the sports, students, and academics I would highly recommend attending this campus. Francis Marion focuses on academics more than anything. They always find a way to make sure every student is comfortable and that they are able to find a place on campus. We have so many programs and clubs to join so you're always busy on campus. The professors are always available and ready to help. Francis Marion University would be an amazing choice for starting your journey to a better life!

kirtara

Francis Marion University all together is a great school to attend. If you love a small secluded school Francis Marion University is the perfect school for you. Yes, this particular college is known to be "easy to get in, harder to get out of" but overall it does in fact challenge your mind and it will prepare you for the outside world and your career.

Zachary

My overall opinion of Francis Marion is that it is not as bad or difficult as others make it out to be. It is rather cheap in terms of the type of organization. If you focus on your work and get helped when needed you'll be fine. It is what you make of it.

Hope

I go to Mayo High School for Math, Science and Technology in Darlington SC. My school is big on getting us ready for college since we're a magnet school. The 11th and 12th graders go there every year for Ed-Op. This exposes us to college life and we get a chance to meet other people from different colleges. The campus was great. The people were friendly, and if you didn't know where you were going someone would help you. Overall it is a positive school and environment. This is the college I would love to attend. In my opinion Francis Marion University is great.

Raquel

Francis Marion University is a rigorous academic opportunity. FMU class sizes are small and allow for teachers to easily connect and help the students to understand the material. There are many on-campus extra-curricular activities for students to participate in. Francis Marion has a tutoring and writing center to assist students when they need extra help in a class or assignment. My overall opinion of Francis Marion is that it is an affordable option for a variety of degree options. The community on the campus is amazing and makes your time there, very memorable.

Tina

My overall opinion of Francis Marion University is that I love it here. Everything that includes the professors to the extracurricular activities and the scenery. Nothing is better when you are walking to your class in the morning and the sun is gleaming down against the trees. Another major part is that I like the diversity of the college. Francis Marion is the right amount of students, it’s not a huge university, but most certainly not a small university.

Kydaisia

I recently visited Francis Marion as an incoming freshman and I must say it was a great experience . The scenery was amazing it just felt like I was back at home. The staff was very helpful and informative with all the questions we asked. I believe this will fit me great being that I loved the friendly staff , the nice campus , and just the school in general not to big and not to small just right.

KeAsia

My overall opinion on Francis Marion would be that this school is a very prestigious place and is always willing to help. I would recommend students who are upcoming in the college semester to apply to this college. Francis Marion has plenty of recreational sports and also fraternities and sororities. The food is good ESPECIALLY fry chicken Wednesdays. My overall opinion is that this school is a nice place to be and a pleasant community to be a part of.

A great place to learn

Nia

Francis Marion University is a very good school to attend. The tuition is very low and affordable. The student-teacher ratio is very good if you want a one on one experience to get and know your teachers on a good level. The students are friendly and helpful. There are many different resources and activities for students, such as the CASA building for tutoring and the different athletic departments and teams to join. FMU is a great college to attend and also a great environment to get the full-on first-year college experience.

Courtney

Francis Marion is a great campus. It was exactly was I was looking for in a school when I was on my search for colleges. It is the perfect size for someone who does not want a huge school but its big enough to where you will not see the same people everyday walking to class. The academics are taken very serious at FMU. The professors are great and the class sizes are just the right size so that you have a relationship with your professor. Outside of the classroom, there are many ways for you to get involved. FMU has 30+ clubs that you can get involved in. There is something here for you at FMU

Harley

Francis Marion is not too hard to get into but they will definitely challenge you and push you to grow in your field! The professors are very helpful and always there when you need it! Some have even reached out over Spring/Winter break to check in on me! There is such a great atmosphere about this place, I definitely recommend taking a look into applying!