Steubenville, OH
Franciscan University of Steubenville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Franciscan University of Steubenville

JohnPaul

Franciscan is a small quiet college. The list of available majors isn't terribly long, but it contains training for many rewarding fields. The student to teacher ratio is about 15:1, allowing for plenty of one on one time with professors. It is a nice clean campus with good people and education.

I am SO excited to be an incoming freshmen. My faith is the center of my life and that is how I can explain my experience of Franciscan. God is the purpose that this school exists and I am so excited to be a part of a community where people have the same values as me

Sean

My classmates are passionate about their major and want to accel acadmenically.

My classmates are passionate about their major and want to accel acadmenically.

People woh are passion about their faith and want to be challenged academically as well should come her. It is great for people looking to be in a smaller school enviroment and for people who are looking to have a small faculty to student ratio.

Brigid

I would tell my self many things. First, I would tell myself to study more. Second, I would tell myself to join clubs, meet more people, and go to the schools sport games. And finally I would tell myself to try to be more out going, and to get out of your comfort zone. If you never leave your comfort zone, then you will miss out on many many things. Some of these things you might really enjoy.

A person who not only wants to succeed in their academic studies but also a person who wants to grow in their faith.

Zachariah

Extremely helpful and understanding to the needs and problems of friends that they are in contact with.

I would tell myself not to worry and take it easy and enjoy life. I would continue to tell myslef that you will succeed in everything you do based on the effort you put in (and you've always put in 110%) so dont; worry and live life to the fullest. You have to take time to enjoy life as well as doing the work required to graduate and move on in your schooling. So goodluck and rememnber to always be yourself, if people can't accept you for who you are then they are not the people you need to associate with. Just keep working hard and making yourself and your family proud.

I brag about the history department. I love history and the department at Franciscan is fantastic and has everything I need for my double major in History and Political Science.

Morgan

Morgan - pursue your dreams. Do not let practicality get in the way of your decision when it comes to your future. Ask yourself: "What would I do even if I wasn't paid to do it?" Whatever the answer is, go for that. Fight for it, give it your all, do not back down. Even when well-wishing adults, friends, mentors, or family members advise you against a career that may not be "practical", know that years down the road, you will regret the time that you have wasted. When you realize what it is you should have studied or pursued from the beginning, you will wish you had thrown yourself in right from the get-go, despite what people had said. Take a leap. You know what you love. Grab on to that, and just do it. Trust your passion; trust your heart.

The people that attend Franciscan are a positive influence, and I knew that when I went to class, my professors had firm feet on the ground and were going to guide me as best as possible.

Wendy

Dear Wendy, It has been 12 years since graduation and the time just seemed to speed by. In 2001, you said that working would be better than attending college, but I know the truth: You were afraid. You did not think you were smart enough. Part of the problem is that nobody in the family went to college and we were not college oriented, although deep inside you wanted to go. Wendy, you have to put one foot in front of the other and move forward. Make choices that are going to invest in your future; education is the most important one you can make. When you do not know which direction to go, just begin walking; it is easier to redirect your steps than it is to pick up your feet. Stay focused, motivated and determined. You have to be your biggest motivator, others can believe in you but you have to believe it for yourself. You CAN do this, I promise! I can look back and tell you that you have everything it takes to be the successful woman you doubt yourself to be. Trust me: college is the best decision for you, do not be afraid.

Dakota

Franciscan University is best known for it's strong Catholic environment. There is a chapel on campus with multiple daily masses, and there are always faith centered activities going on on campus. The university strives to help students grow in their faith and learn how to properly live it out in everyday society through different courses, groups, and volunteer activities

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to take school more seriously, slow down and take things one step at a time, and that going to college isn't going to magically fix everything. In high school I didn't have to try very hard in order to recieve high grades, so I spent little time studying. I would tell myself that I should learn how to study properly before being thrown into an environment where I would have to work hard and study multiple hours a week. Also in high school I was constantly trying to get ahead by graduating early and finding jobs. I'd tell myself that I would feel less anxious in college if I learned how to slow down and take life one step at a time. Finally I would tell myself that the belief that going away to college would solve all of my emotional and familial problems is incorrect. That leaving is the correct decision to make, but that it is not going to change everything immediately. I would say that change is a process, and not to get discouraged.

The worst thing about Franciscan University of Steubenville is that it is easy to feel out of place if you are different from the norm. At first glance it seems as if everyone is the same because a majority of the students come from similar backgrounds. It's easy to feel like your differences make you stand out even if no one else notices them.

Gregory

Our hindsight always wishes for better foresight. I spent that first year just trying to figure out what college is, so the best advice I can give is to tell what college is (and isn’t). It is: a place to learn who you are as an adult. Stand for something true, or you’ll be swept away by mediocrity and deception. It isn’t: highschool. Seriously. So many people, yourself included, think that college is supposed to be a second highschool, but without parents. It’s not—it’s the place where you work hard to find who you are going to be. What is your calling? What do you want to do with your life? How will you raise a family? A quick tip: PARTIES. 100% of imbeciles think this is the reason for going to college, and it is… unless you want to stay in college longer than 3 months. You’ll never reach your full potential by partying. Parting words? Find and nurture relationships with people you can trust. Lasting friendships aren’t built over swigs of booze—they’re built by helping others, sticking it out through troubled times, and shooting for the stars together.

Anyone who wants a good academic education (otherwise, don't come to college) witha strong faith-based background. Whether you want to keep the faith through college or have a weak faith bolstered and stregthened, Franciscan is the place. Its range of majors is somewhat limited, but all the majors it has, it forms well.

The way some people seem to think that they are there to party or just relive highschool all over again. But it isn't as bad here as at other schools.

Franciscan University of Steubenville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.