Steubenville, OH
Franciscan University of Steubenville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Franciscan University of Steubenville

Shawn

I would tell myself to stay focused. You have to make your education priority one. You have to complete all assignments and study for all tests. Most of all, keep a positive attitude. How you feel about doing things plays a major role in how well you will complete them. Set a schedule and goals and stick to them!

If I had the oppurtunity to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to make sure to perfect my study habits because you need to be able to stay focused and study on your own in college without your parents telling you to do so. Having to actually sit down and study was a big struggle for me in the first semester of my college experience because it was not something that I was used to because I did not study regularly during my time in high school. Also, I would tell myself to treasure all the time I had with my parents and younger sister because now that I am gone and do not get to see them as often I wish I could have taken advantage of that while I was still living at home.

Personally, I don't think that there is any particular thing that I dislike about my school because it is such a wonderful place. But if I had to pick one thing it would be the location because the city of Steubenville is not as up and coming as it used to be, but hopefully with the help of the University Steubenville can grow into a blossoming town like it once was.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who really wants to grow both academically and spiritually. Franciscan University is a wonderful Catholic school for students interested in learning more about the Catholic faith and wanting to grow in their faith life. Franciscan University is also a place where students can grow academically so that they can achieve all that they want to in the future.

Dominic

I wish I had known that no matter what college I chose to attend, that as long as I have the right attitude and do my best, it would all work out.

If I could go back in time, the most important thing I would do is to reassure myself that there's no such thing as "THE" right college or university for me. No matter which school a student picks, if he/she has the right attitude and puts in the effort, then the futre is wide open & possibilities are just about limitless. I'd also tell myself to expect a wake up call as far as laundry, meals, etc. go and to try & to thank my family and friends for all they've done for me. I'd also tell myself how important is is to be organized about school work and not let things slide. Overall, at the risk of being repetitive, I'd make sure to tell myself that no matter what school I pick, it will be ok.

Since my home is very close to Boston, it's frustrating that there isn't alot to do in Steubenville and public transportation isn't as convenient.

Justine

My classmates are a conglomerate of people, but are all connected by one similarity: their strong faith. Most of the students are friendly, some are not. The vast majority are deeply involved in households and worship sessions, which occassionally makes them frown upon people unlike them. Others are interested in partying. Frankly, it is possible to find lifelong friends there. If one opens himself up to everyone, he will get a good response in terms of "popularity" and the opportunity to love everyone as Christ does. Classmates at Franciscan are rather beautiful to say the least.

Franciscan University is a place where the Roman Catholic faith THRIVES and people love one another for who they truly are.

Nicholas

If I were to tell myself anything I would have to say getting ready for the change is the biggest part. A good tip would have been to visit the campus as much as possable. This would allow me to understand the school and how campus life works and would have allowed my for a bigger success on the transition. Also spending a day in the nearby town would be helpful; by visiting the local points of interest, it would show what I would do when I wanted a day off. Another point would be to view groups before coming to school. This would help me get an idea of what I wanted before I got to school.

The Catholic aspect is the best part of this school. This is because it allows religion to be present in the school and in the teaching of the school.

The type of person to attend this school should be a Catholic that is wanting to increase his/hers faith or maintain it. A person that doesn't enjoy parties or alcohol would fit very well into this school. Someone who is looking into Theology or Nursing as a major should see this school first.

Erin

Some things I would advise my past self about college life would be, to meet upper classmen, be more outgoing, and get to know your professors. It is a good idea to meet upper classmen because they know all about the campus and what there is to do for fun. It is also good to be outgoing, no one wants to just sit in their room and be bored. Go out and make friends! It is easy to find other freshmen who are in the same situation as yourself. Also, get to know your professors! the classes become a lot easier and more fun when you are comfortable asking the professors for help when you need it.

Franciscan University of Steubenville is Academically Challenging and Passionately Catholic.

Anyone who is not interested in the Catholic Faith.

I have been able to grow in both my knowledge of the world at large and in my faith. I am also learning so much about my future career field of mental health. I have also met some great people from across the country that I wouldn't have the opportunity to meet any other way. Franciscan University claims to be "Academically Challenging, Passionately Catholic." These were two things that were most important to me when choosing a college and in the two-and-a-half years there, I have found it to be true. It has fulfilled its promise and has helped me to grow in so many amazing ways.

There is not a lot of financial aid available.

Most are very passionately catholic and friendly.

Jenelle

I transferred to Franciscan University last fall. If I were to sum up the experience in one word, "overwhelmed" would fit it quite nicely. In the midst of being swamped in a marshland of unfamiliar faces, which was tagged to a seemingly endless list of names, I trotted around campus, attemping to familiarize myself with the new surroundings and acadamia. My wild disorientation was eventually tamed by my fellow classmates. By the end of my first semester, I had gleaned an education that had been both challanging and rewarding. Being Catholic, I also found the campus permitted my spiritual life to flourish and thrive. The authentic joy I experienced is exclusive among the Franciscan students and shared with all who happen upon them. I was indeed overwhelmed... overwhelmed with change, challanges, and authentic fellowship that made my entire experience invaluable.

Franciscan University accomodates people from all walks of life and cultures worldwide. Anyone looking for an environment to enhance their spiritual and academic life, while making some lifelong friends in the process would benefit greatly by experiencing what FUS has to offer.

Shane

Franciscan University is not afraid to teach morality in the classroom, and it shows in the lives of the students.

To be a man is to be endowed with an intellect. But to be fulfilled as a man is to have this most essential of human faculties realized. The pursuit of knowledge exercises the intellect, and sharpens and refines it. This is the wisdom a college education has thus far imparted to me. It is in the pursuit of knowledge that one acquires true intellectual fulfillment. In order to know a thing, a man must exert his intellect over it. He must ponder it and mull it over in his mind. He must discover it, and still rediscover it, until it is etched deep into the hollows of his being, like some ancient engravings on the wall of a cave, to be discovered and rediscovered eternally. This is the great paradox of knowledge. It is not something to be had, it is something to do. The artist does not become an artist by acquiring art. Rather, he is called "artist" in his act of setting his brush to the white canvas. And in its most basic and ideal form, this is the college experience. It is the chance to set an intellectual brush to a white canvas.

A person who is vehemently against Catholicism or abjectly opposed to grey skies should avoid Franciscan University.

Krystal

I have actually learned quite a bit from coming to college. I have learned the value of education and where it can take me in life. I have also come to realize that it really is not who you know but how well you can show yourself to others through your schooling. I have made many new friends that have the same goals and asperations that I do. I have learned to value myself with pride because of the things that I am striving for in school. I also really enjoy the fact that i have worked this hard to come to the place that I am. I like the fact that since the first day I have come back to college I have not wasted any of my time will classes that i did not need in order to get my associates while being able to tranfer out at the same time. By doing so i leaarned the valuable lesson of time and will be able to transfer to a University coming the following Fall.

Franciscan University of Steubenville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.