Franciscan University of Steubenville

« See more reviews of Franciscan University of Steubenville

The lack of diversity when it comes to idealogy. Those who do not agree with the common views of pro-life, conservative, Catholicism in the one true faith, often feel ostracized. Although you will not be condemned for disagreeing, you'll be weakly debated and feel very alone. While nearly every person on the campus is friendly, they're not always big on reaching out to those who are different- in ideas, looks, or just those of us who enjoy playing devil's advocate!

Possibly the most frustrating thing about Franciscan is the location. Steubenville isn't the nicest or cleanest of cities in the world. It's a nice town with a midwest feel to it, but it's in the middle of the old steel industries and it shows its age a little bit. The water quality could be a little better, but when you're on campus you don't really notice any of this other stuff because the campus is pretty nice.

The most frustrating thing about Franciscan University is the fact that there is not enough time in a day to get everything done that you want to get done! There is so much that goes on around campus, just jump into something!

There is so much to do and I never seem to have enough time to do everything! I love that there's a large venue of activities but it's so hard to decide which to do and which not to do.

When I studyed abroad last year, I had a hard time getting the administration to help me. The people in the offices are very friendly, but sometimes the paperwork can be inefficient.

Franciscan University has a tendency to cater to freshman and other new students by not always offering upper level classes to meet the graduation requirements of some majors.

The way some people seem to think that they are there to party or just relive highschool all over again. But it isn't as bad here as at other schools.

Since my home is very close to Boston, it's frustrating that there isn't alot to do in Steubenville and public transportation isn't as convenient.

Sometimes the rules go a bit far in trying to protect us, but I'd rather deal with the rules than with a rowdy, uncontrollable student population.

I really wish they offered more financal aid. Also, the hosing situation is a bit of a problem after freshman year. We just need more housing.