Franklin and Marshall College Top Questions

Patricia

I can see myself being friends with my classmates for the rest of my life.

Chelsey

Most of my classes contain people who are very outgoing and intelligent.

Eliana

About half of the students at F&M are really, really liberal, but we have a surprisingly large conservative presence for a college campus. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that most F&M students are at least middle class, with just a few lower socio-economic group students thrown in. There is also a very large population of foreign students, most of which keep to their own groups. Almost all of the students plan to make good money upon graduation. We have many students looking to go into business.

Eliana

About half of the students at F&M are really, really liberal, but we have a surprisingly large conservative presence for a college campus. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that most F&M students are at least middle class, with just a few lower socio-economic group students thrown in. There is also a very large population of foreign students, most of which keep to their own groups. Almost all of the students plan to make good money upon graduation. We have many students looking to go into business. There are also a few students who are already rubbing up against administration looking to be trustees.

Torrie

There are many students at F&M that are very bright, but like to have fun as well. The students are friendly, involved and diversified in the types of activites in which they participate. We are a small community so it is easy to recognize faces and have overlap of people in activities. Many students are wealthy and it shows through what they wear, where they go on breaks, if they have cars, and an overall unconcern for money.

Weston

Students dress up for class in my opinion. The campus leans left but is pretty split. Most students are politically aware and some are active. Students from all backgrounds interact -- it's a friendly place.

YooJin

About a half of them are very eager to learn, while another half is just there to pass.

Siva

Disciplined, good work ethic, determined, hard-working, focused, brilliant, experienced, knowledgeable

Alanna

RUDE. RUDE. RUDE. POTHEADS. RUDE. DRUNKS. RUDE.

Kelly

Every student body has a large group with that distinctive look - whether it's the Uggs+ skirt wearing groups of girls, the nonchalant artsy type, of the Lacoste and boat shoes all the way crew. In this video clip, we explored questions like What's one thing that students have been noticing people wearing on campus?

fuckyou

My classmates are smart yet they know how to have fun

Kayla

Prep school burn outs who spend most of their money on pot and coke but still manage to get by.

katie

Students tend to be politically active (or, at least, politically aware), and most of us are pretty liberal. But don't worry; there are enough conservatives that debates can be had :) The school really isn't that diverse. International students make up something like 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the student body. The rest of us are white, with a splattering of minorities. Most come from upper-middle or upper class families. Students range from laid-back to uber-competitive. We're all pretty intelligent, although some people here are ridiculously smart.

Cori

The people and atmosphere at F&M very much make it feel like home. In fact, after having graduated two years ago, I am often homesick for F&M.

Ryan

Students are generally very accepting of each other. Students are usually well off but a large portion of the student body is on financial aid.

Christine

rich, snobby, spoiled brats

Molly

My classmates are usually hardworking individuals who are very involved in school and extra curricular activities.

Yana

Conceited partiers who just want to coast and still earn a lot of money in the future.