Franklin, IN
Franklin College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Franklin College

Amber

My school is a small school with more opportunities than most large schools have due to the dedication of the faculty and staff on the campus.

I feel like when I was in high school, I didn't know who I truly was. I followed my friends around and tried to be like them. Since I have been here at Franklin College, I feel like I have found myself. I have realized that I am more of a leader than ever and can make my own decisions. I hold a position in my sorority and I am hoping to be the co-coordinator in my New Student Program position next year, which is something I never would have thought to do before. I have changed my mind about what I want to ultimately do with my life. I grew up thinking I wanted to be an elementary teacher, and have now realized that something with history would better suit me in the long run, which I never would have let myself think anything other than teaching was best for me.

Trying to be the best person that I can be. I feel like I am over stretching myself because there are so many options to do. I am currently double majoring, and minoring in 3 things, making me go five years. It is frustrating to have so many choices because I feel like there are too many.

Daniel

I have had the opportunity to actually understand who I am on a personal level. I have been able to see myself grow both mentally and physically. I have also been able to help my community while working with Habitat for Humanity. I have been able to travel to other countries and delve into different cultures. I am very pleased with every aspect of my education both in the classroom and outside of it. My knowledge in the area of biology has grown exponentially and without Franklin and the instructors there I would not be the person that I am today.

I think that the only thing that I wish I had known was that it was going to be easy to get to know people. I was very worried that I wouldnt know or get to know anyone and that I really wouldnt like it. I had stressed about it a lot for no reason. Everyone at Franklin was very nice and welcomed me with open arms. I had nothing to worry about.

The only thing that I did not like about my school was that it was so far from home. I wish that I could recieve that same kind of education at home, but I am greatful for the experience that it has taught me.

Allison

All of my classmates seem very focused on schoolwork and many of them participate in sports.

My college is a private college so it is much smaller than public colleges. It also gives me a wide range of classes to meet the liberal arts requirements. This means when I graduate I will have a wide base of knowledge in many subjects.

My college experience so far has helped me to have a better understanding of life after school. I have learned to manage my money better so that I can pay for college and other expenses. Overall I have found my college experience very valuable because it has made me a more responsible and mature person.

Daniel

Franklin College is best know for its medical programs and the education department that has been very successful. Franklin College is also known for the close relationships that students are able to have with their professors.

There have been many things that I have been able to leave Franklin College with. One of the most important things that I have learned to that of critical thinking. I also feel that I have been educated well in the area of Biology and Chemistry, and that I know I will be sucessful in these areas. Franklin College has taught me how to be open to all areas of life including: race, religion, sexual orientation and many other sides of life that arent always visible to people. Franklin College also allowed me to become more culturally diverse, allowing me to travel many times to other countries to see a different side of the world.

There is no person that should not attend Franklin College. It is an institution that is open to all kinds of personalities. Any type of person will find this school to be easy to fit into and its students and staff very kind and caring. The small atmosphere allows for close contact with professors and other students.

Joshua

Our school is known for being challenging but very rewarding. We are known for our traditions, our football, and our huge fan club!

I would tell myself to stay true, to follow my heart, and to know that at the end of the day it is my life and it is what I do and what I want that I must live with. I would tell myself to pursue all my dreams and goals and that it is important to make the most out of every day, so that I do not look back and wish I would have done more. I would tell myself to not be shocked and be active and take initiative. I would remind myself that it is only a small transition in the long journey of my life and that at any point I can control my outcome by my actions day in and day out. I would tell myself to never settle and to realize that there are millions of students across the globe making the same transition and that I am not alone. I would let myself know that I want to become a doctor, and that it is important to get some experience early and to make sure I do all that I can in my classes, to leave no doubt each day. Thank you!

The worst thing about this school is that you do not have anything to complain about. The faculty, the courses, the facilities, the atmosphere, everything about this school is wonderful. There is nothing to complain about!

Some of my classmates think that they are better than everyone else and tend to show it while in class. Others are dependent on the rest of their classmates to do the work for them or answer questions. Also, some of my classmates act like the know it all, while others are not afraid to be wrong. Overall, in my major, my classmates tend to be hard working and prepared for each class meeting. However, there are still the few students who do not put forth the effort that rest of us do.

If I had the chance to go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to not worry and to think positive about this experience. College is going to be the best experience that I have had because I am my own and I am able to learn more about myself and who I really am, not who everyone wants me to be. Before I left for college, I was scared about the experience and that I would not get along with my roommate. Well I was almost wrong about that. However, my college experience has been wonderful, even though I have had a few rough patches through out the years. I have changed roommates three times and dealt with problems that have made me question myself. If I had the chance to meet myself when I was in high school, I would not recognize myself. I have grown tremendously in the past two yars. I have turned into someone that I did not think that I would be. I have broken out of my shell and have learned to find the good in every situation, no matter the situation.

I consider the class size and the attention given by the professors as the best thing about my school. I went to a small high school, so when I was choosing a college, I wanted a college with classes that are small overall. Also, by having small classes, the students are able to get one-on-one attention by the professor. This attention by the professors is good for sudents like myself that sometimes needs a little extra help outside of class. Also, professors at my college give out thier personal cell phone numbers for students to contact them.

Franklin is a very small college with a white-majority population where students go away for the weekends because the activities on campus on the weekends are almost nonexistent.

I would consider what it would be like to live on campus, away from home, knowing that most of the students go home on weekends. It's hard to find ways to entertain yourself when quite a few of your friends leave until they have to be back for the next week of classes. I would suggest trying to make sure I spent time with other students more so that I didn't feel so alone, at times, and want to try to choose a better roommate. Dealing with roommates has taught me what I want in a roommate and what I don't want. I should have been more specific on the roommate agreement form.

Franlin College has a well-known journalism program and the professors in that area have experience in the field they bring to the classroom. Seeing as I am a Journalism major, that kind of information was a strong pull to the school.

Whitney

Franklin College has a very inviting and accepting atmosphere. It is a very little school, but that was the reason I chose this college. The students and staff at Franklin are extremely nice and always willing to help. I chose this school because of it's size, but also because it is a very well-respected school and it will make it easier for me to attain a job in the future.

I would tell myself not to sweat the little things. In high school I always got worked up about the littliest things. In college you have to learn to accept failure or defeat and move on. Life will go on. I would also tell myself to cherish every moment. I have already been at college for a semester and it feels like I just got here. High school went by the same way. I just let the days fly by and never really took advantage of the opportunities I was given. I was always so worried about not getting introuble, and eventually, it took over my life. I was also always too afraid of getting introuble so I never took any chances. That is the biggest lesson I have learned being at college. It is okay to take chances, as long as they are smart chances that won't affect your future in a negative way. But above all, I would have just told myself to enjoy everyday as it comes and not worry about tomorrow until it gets here.

If you are a big city type of person you probably should not attend this school. If you don't like one-on-one attention from your professors, this is also not the place for you. Also, if you are not friendly and are a trouble maker, you probably should not attend this college. This is a very calm and quiet campus.

Natalie

I would advise myself as a high school senior to apply for scholarships early in order to get as much help as possible. I made the mistake of not working as hard as I could to get myself financial aid and now I am paying for it in more ways than just having to take out a lot of loans. I am now not able to participate in as much on campus due to lack of personal funding or get a car in order to get a better job to help pay for school. I would also advise myself to save more money than I spend because that would have helped pay for my college education as well.

I wish I would have known that getting a work study job would be as hard as it is. Although I applied for multiple work study jobs I never recieved a response from any of them and finally had to apply for a job that was not work study based and is less flexible than a work study job.

The worst thing about my school is the level of drama associated with a small school and small campus. I consider this to be the worst thing because it provides less opportunity to make connections with people because the pool of people is already small to begin with and that makes it even smaller.

Maxwell

My college is a small liberal arts college located in the small town of Franklin, Indiana. The school's enrollment is 1100 students which is smaller than the high school I attended. I was drawn to the school because of the small student-teacher ration. Friends of mine who attended the school said they received individual attention which helped them to better understand their studies. When I visited the campus as a high school senior, I really liked the staff and teachers I met.

If I could go back in time to my high school senior year, I would work harder. Seniors traditionally feel as if they have earned the right to coast their last year of school, but I had not earned such a right. In fact, I harmed myself by not working hard. I believe if I had given 110% during my senior year, my adjustment to college classes would have been easier. Instead, I grew accustomed to just getting by and it such a work ethic harmed my first semester GPA. I have learned from my early errors to take control of my studies and work hard. However, if I had worked harder as a senior, I would have worked harder as a first semester college student. So...my advice to high school seniors--work hard. It will pay off and establish a much-needed work ethic for college.

The best characteristic of my college is the willingness of the teachers to go above and beyond in their efforts to help students understand course content. I struggle in math and the math teachers will not accept poor or failing work. They simply require that I come and meet with them or they set me up for tutoring. At first, I was embarrassed, but the teachers soon made me understand that I was learning. I am very grateful for this "no failure accepted" attitude.

Franklin College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.