Franklin, IN
Franklin College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Franklin College

Heather

It is known giving students a great education filled with amazing experiences and great support from faculty, staff, and alum...

It is known giving students a great education filled with amazing experiences and great support from faculty, staff, and alumni.

I would tell parents and students to go and visit different colleges and really get the chance to spend time on the campus because you are going to make the campus on home for the next four years. So, you need to spend a little time their for you can get a feel for the campus. You also need to talk with professors and staff for you can get a feel of what the college has to offer.

I tell friends that I went to a small college and I loved the atmosphere there because I always felt like I was at home.

A facade created by the administration to appear to be an academically challenging school, that is in reality a party school controlled by sports and Greek life.

Journalism and education.

It is important to consider the financial aspect of finding a school, but that shouldn't be your ruling priority. Academics are important, so is your social life. And most students these days need to find some sort of a job. As a senior, one of the most important things I've learned is that classes are worth going to, books are worth reading, and sometimes it really is more important to stay up all night with your friends. Oh, and quarters are worth more than their weight in gold.

A school where academics are really important and people tend to come together to get through their classes and become close friends in the process.

My advice would be to really decide if the student is going to college for the sake of learning or more for the social experience and degree. If it is for the first, I'd recommend a smaller school with more one on one time with the professors. If it's the second, a larger school is a good idea. Then choose a school based on the combination of if it is known for particular majors and getting its graduates good jobs, the location of the college, and the price range if it is one of the major concerns. Check out how good the school is about actually giving financial aid and if possible, take a personal tour from one of the students at the college. You can find out a lot by talking to someone who's actually gone through the experience. When you actually get to your college, participate in as many activities as you can while still doing well in academics. College can be an amazing experience if you take advantage of the opportunities that are given to you.

I wish I had known how time consuming all the schoolwork would be in comparison to high school.

Carolyn

I would advise students to make sure that they go on multiple college visits. I applied to many schools during my senior year of high school, and no matter how good the college's brochure may look, nothing can beat your first initial response to stepping onto a college campus. Had I not visited both big and small colleges, I would not have known what the effect would have been, thus potentially making my college experience dreadful. Once in college, my best advice to students on how to make the most of their experience is to not be afraid to step out of your shell. College is the opportunity to reinvent yourself, so the best advice is to get out there and try to experience new things that they may have been to afraid to try. By playing sports and being involved in greek life at my college, I was able to find a new, exciting experience just by putting myself out there and trying new things and meeting new people.

I would consider the friendly, small school environment to be the best thing abot my school, because it allows the students to know their professors on a personal basis, making them more accountable for the classwork.

I wish I would have known the housing requirements of the school, such as students can not live off campus until they reach senior level status.

Lindsay

Choose the one that feels like home to you. I know that sounds cliche, but if you enjoy the environment and enjoy the school, you're going be much more successful than if you were at the wrong school for you!

Any kind of person can attend Franklin College. It would be nice to see some diversity. Franklin focuses on academics and offers no atheltic scholarships, so a person must be smart!

Its small. The student to teacher ratio is 20:1 and oer 80% of the students have some sort of financial aid. Its so close to Indy, so there is always something to do and the teachers and students are eager to help a student succeed.

Krista

Start early and visit colleges that you are interested in. I am a firm believer that you will walk onto a campus and think to yourself, "I'm at home here." College was the best four years of my life and I am grateful for the experiences that I had in those years. They taught me to think for myself and I grew into the person that I am today.

I was given many opportunities to be a leader on campus and in the community. These opportunities molded me into the person I am today, and I am extremely grateful for these opportunities that Franklin College gave me.

My advisor did not give me as much guidance as other students he was advising. I think if I would have had more help from him, my senior year would not have been as stressful and I would have had more leads on a job after graduation.

My classmates are fun, upbeat, positive, ecouraging, and driven young people.

My classmates are fun, upbeat, positive, ecouraging, and driven young people.

The best advice is to visit the campus. When my mom and I came to campus, I felt an immediate connection with it. Even my mom felt good about Franklin, and since it is 2.5 hours away, that was hard to do.

The lack of diversity is the worst thing about Franklin, but our diversity program is working to fix it. We have people on staff just to recruit diverse students, and we have a special residence hall for those students interested in learning about diversity.

Adam

Very academically tamed and allows for an immense diverse campus.

Very academically tamed and allows for an immense diverse campus.

It is smaller, but more personal. The small size allows students to have a more intimate relationship with their professors.

Make sure that you really research your top choice for college before accepting your admitance to the college that way you know for sure it is going to be best choice for your education. Most schools don't allow students to transfer credits to other schools so if the college that tyou apply to is not a place that will feel comfortable with don't apply because you don't want to regret having to start over at square one. Remember that the school you shoose will be the base of your future career.

Brittni

Visit numerous colleges and picture yourself being a student at each one (you should picture yourself living, eating, and attending class). If anyone of them doesn't feel right or you can't imagine it, it's not the school for you.

I say that when I graduate, I know my degree is going to mean a lot to me because I know it takes a lot of work and dedication. This school provides a great education.

I'm not a really social person, and as a freshman there were a lot of required activities we had to attend because of a class all freshman have to take. The class is designed to help students adjust to campus life, but it made me feel like I was still in high school.

Franklin College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.