Henderson, TN
Freed-Hardeman University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Freed-Hardeman University

Summer

Freed Hardeman university is an amazing place to go. The teachers really care about you, and you can go to them about anything. Their academics are really next level too. The campus is beautiful with the bell tower in the middle of campus. I love it!

I visited when trying to make my decision on where to further my education and although I decided to attend elsewhere, I did enjoy some aspects of Freed. Such as the small town feel and the instant connections you can make with people there. I enjoyed my visit, but just couldn't see myself being there for the next 4 years.

haley

Freed Hardeman is a wonderful environment where students recieve a fantastic education in a Christian society.

I would tell myself just to enjoy growing up more. I was so ready to begin the next step in my life that I think I may have missed some of the "high school experience". College is great, but it goes by way to fast. I would tell myself to just stop and smell the roses every once in a while.

The best thing about Freed Hardeman is the Christian environment in which I can freely express my beliefs without being judged by others.

Don't be afraid to ask for help and do your best in everything. Make sure to make new friends and get involved in activities these are going to be great years. You will have ups and downs but always keep the Lord close to you and you will do great.

The cost, I was able to cover the 1st year fine because my dad is retired Air Force and he helpped me with the GI bill but since then I have had a problem getting loans to cover and my parents are not wealthy so they strugle but have done thier best to help me.

Someone who just wants to go to college to party all the time.

I would stress the importance of organization. I have learned a lot about staying on task and being organized. I would also tell myself that my grades matter. If I had it to do over again, I'd skip the three hour phone calls and crack the books a little harder. All in all, high school went pretty well be there is always room for improvement.

A student that desires a Christian atmosphere, as well as, a quality education should attend Freed-Haredman University.

The Bible department is top notch. If you love the Lord, you will flourish at FHU.

Study, study, study. The teachers in highschool do not prepare you for college at all. You MUST know how to study. and get as much sleep as possible, you won't be getting much at all for the next 4 years.

Kierra

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry so much about leaving home and leaving my home congregation, but instead, focus on the good things that will come with college life. Leaving home is sad, but you are starting a new chapter in your life, and exciting introduction to independence. Take the ACT and SAT as many times as possible, and study for them to try and get your score as high as possible. Enjoy senior year, and get excited for college!

A person who is looking for a good Christian environment, with many opprotunities for spiritual enrichment, will be very happy at Freed Hardeman University. The school is very small, and so the students know eachother and the professors actually know the names of their students, you are not just a number at this school. It is set in beautiful Tennessee, with tons of activities on campus.

My classmates are like-minded, supportive, and creative people.

My classmates are like-minded, supportive, and creative people.

I would tell my hign school self so many things about college life. First, I would say "don't sweat the small stuff". Nothing is worse than overreacting when things don't go as you plan. Most of what happens to you in life will be different from what you expected. Second, I would tell myself "be yourself". I would make sure I knew that I had so many things to offer others by being nothing more or less than what I am. Thirdly, people disappoint you and you disappoint others. Sometimes this can't even be helped, but as long as you know this ahead of time, you will save yourself a lot of long nights worrying. Lastly, I would tell myself that college is a place where you meet some of the best people you'll ever know and they will become your lifelong friends.

Freed Hardeman is very spiritual minded. Everyone here is very supportive of your abilities to exceed in every area of your life.

It's small, so you always feel like your actions make a difference. It also has a religios affiliation so there is an underlying spiritual atmosphere.

My social skills have greatly improved. In college, everyone is an adult so you are forced to grow up quickly. I've also learned valuable study skills that I'll be able to use throughout my college experience. I've learned that procrastination is NEVER the answer and that Taco Bell's fourth-meal isn't a joke, it actually exists and it's miraculous. College has made me a better person. I'm more patient, more understanding, and more accomidating to others. It's changed me from a rebellious teenager to a well-rounded and responsible adult. I've also grown more spiritually. I finally know the genuine definition of unconditional love, and that, is worth all of the time and effort I've put into my education.

You have to be serious about college to be able to afford it. Study, study, study!

Brittney

Very Structured school with strict guidleines to follow.

Very Structured school with strict guidleines to follow.

I began my college experience at Freed Hardeman University as a collegiate basketball player. That was a life long dream. I chose communications as my career as I was considering law and felt communication was essential part of being an effective lawyer. I didn't have good sports experience as I had numerous surgeries on the same knee and eventually was told - it would be too much for my knee to continue. Basketball is a true passion of mine so I struggled with this news ; I had always thought I would be playing for my entire college life. I made mistakes after this news but I know my experience there was invaluable as it taught me about true accountability and perserverence to get up and do what is needed despite a dream being destroyed. It also taught me to lean more on God to get me through and try to learn what I needed from this. I have since changed schools and majors. I have changed to Education / English and I am pursuing a teaching / coaching career. Looking back, this experience has allowed me to experience life on my own and make realize what my passions are.

Too Strict on dorm rules and must live on campus

Freed-Hardeman University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.