Freed-Hardeman University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Freed-Hardeman University

I visited when trying to make my decision on where to further my education and although I decided to attend elsewhere, I did enjoy some aspects of Freed. Such as the small town feel and the instant connections you can make with people there. I enjoyed my visit, but just couldn't see myself being there for the next 4 years.

Freed-Hardeman University is located in a small town, and it is a fairly small sized university. However, Freed does big things. There are many social clubs to choose from, and there is plenty to explore in the small town of Henderson. Freed supports Christian morals and character, and allows people to be around those of like faith. If you've researched Freed, you've probably heard of the "Freed-Hardeman bubble" (and it does exist). Freed has excellent professors who teach students difficult material in an easy to understand manner, and I believe Freed is a great place to obtain a quality education and have the college experience.

Shelby

I absolutely love Freed-Hardeman. I came here for the Christian atmosphere, and it more than exceeded my expectations; especially with the faculty and staff. I've heard that if you hang with the wrong people there could be drinking and/or vaping or smoking, but I personally have never come in contact with it in my three years of going here. It really and truly is a wonderful place, especially if you get with the right people, which are the majority of people. :)

Jonathan

I really like the school. The food is improving, the academics are good, I am in touch with my Bible teachers and some other teachers and their events are worth dropping by the school for. The quality of the dorms are fair and the commitment to student safety is great! It is super easy to make lots of friends both with staff and other students.

Bailey

The school is oriented towards the students. They strive to make the students safe, happy, and educated. I am beyond satisfied with everything I have participated in or encountered at Freed. They do a great job and I wouldn’t choose another school. I couldn’t be more satisfied.

Summer

Freed Hardeman university is an amazing place to go. The teachers really care about you, and you can go to them about anything. Their academics are really next level too. The campus is beautiful with the bell tower in the middle of campus. I love it!

Jeana

I believe it's the best place to send your kids to get an education in a safe Christian environment.

Abby

Freed-Hardeman University is a home away from home for anyone who comes on campus. A Christ-like lifestyle can be seen by the professors, coaches, students, and alumni alike. The campus is extremely safe and easy to get around. Classes are well sized in order for professor to student help and interaction.

Courtney

I love my school. The Christian atmosphere makes students feel at home. I am always excited to go back to school after a break. I love playing inter murals for my social club. All of my class are challenging, but enjoyable. Many students plan to move on to higher education after FHU, and they are well prepared.

Anon

Everyone here is fake, it’s an alcohol free campus? Lol, that’s a joke, if you get caught you get suspended(even if you’re of age) but I know about half the school drinks. It’s supposed to be a Christian campus but it’s the farthest from that, I know people here who are racist to the point people have left, I know people who are rapists in this schol and have gotten away with it because the system here is flawed and their parents are a teacher here, the professors here can be rude and judgemental and overly conservative if you think anything different from them you are shunned. The list goes on and on, there are some good things, I’ve found some great people also, my professors within my major are excellent and I’ve gained some great contacts here, but the majority of the people here are fake and it’s an extremely expensive school, unless you get a job coming out of here paying 65 grand a year, it’s not financially worth it.

Ashton

I love Freed-Hardeman University! The campus is small so there is not much walking that I have to do between classes, and my professors are very agreeable. They want to see me succeed and get to heaven. Students are friendly and very involved with activities on campus.

Freed Hardeman is the perfect school for students looking for a small school, Christian environment to further their education. The professors are very kind and very willing to help. The campus feels like a warm community where you actually matter. There are plenty of opportunities for involvement in numerous different clubs.

Terrah

A very nice Christian, small which is very nice. Tiny nice town with nothing to do, must go into next big town, Jackson, which is 30 minutes away. We have good sports team, NO FOOTBALL though. Our girls basketball are recent conference champs! Worth checking out. Everyone knows everyone and if you don't want to be lost in the crowd this is the place to be. Go LIONS!