Fresno, CA
Fresno City College

Philip

Fresno City College feels like it is at odds with itself. It has an excellent reputation for a 2-year college, and it has many career-based opportunities beyond what a 4-year university would ever be able to provide. The majority of the staff (teaching and otherwise) I've encounters are enthusiastic and interested in what they do, and often have relevant experience. The college has even recently added the requirement that teaching staff have master's degrees in a relevant field. However, as a non-traditional student with career experience and many units from other schools, I see a side of it where rules set by the college discourage the application of previous classes and experience toward accepted course credit. Also, the mandatory academic advisement can be difficult to navigate because different advisors can give conflicting information or leave out important details. That said, everyone has always been as helpful as they are able and I'm now well on my way to my Associate Degree.

bernice

I think it is a pretty cool school that would be really interesting to me and that they have the classes i would really like to take.

Destiny

Fresno City College is a good school for those who want their basic or general needs for an education, As for an aspiring art student, not much can be found on the school grounds other than its fundamentals. Other than the school lacking some classes, not just from art students, but for other fields of interest, there isn't much for you to find other than covering your basic needs to move on.

Natalie
Beautiful campus, but go down the road.

Beautiful campus, but go down the road.

The historic campus at Fresno City College is one of the best parts of this place. And there are professors who will care about you, but the student population is not driven in the least. If you are intending to transfer to a four year university, make the trip over to Willow/Clovis.

Mercedes

Many of my classmates are determined and knowledgeable in their career goals.

Many of my classmates are determined and knowledgeable in their career goals.

Four years ago I was a senior at Central High School, little did I know how much college would help evolve me to become a woman with knowledge. When I reflect upon myself in the past years I have come to understand that failure was not an option, but a choice. If I had the power to go back to my senior year of high school, I would provide myself a sense of direction in order to achieve my struggles with math. My first step would be to inform myself that I needed assistance from a tutor and to spend quality time studying and practicing. For step two, I would then question my instructor for any misunderstood math problems that I do not understand. Last but not least, to tell myself to not be discouraged and to believe that I could achieve. Four years later I took these steps and applied them to my studies in college and with hard work I was rewarded by passing my math courses. In the end I do not look at this as a failure, I view it as a way of showing that you can do anything if you work hard at it.

The kind of person who should attend this school, is anyone who feels the need to complete a course that is not provided in certain colleges, or if they are looking into furthering into a program in the school. However, I feel that this school is open to everyone who is willing to try and further their education.

Antonisha

The best way I can discribe my classmates is a large melting pot, there's a little bit of every king of person.

The cost of Fresno City is a lt cheaper than most schools. As well there are a good amount of night and web classes which makes it easier to work and go to school.

To my younger self I'd have these words to say, life after high school is not a game. It's easy to maintain the level your at and even surpass it but it's hard to dig yourself out of a whole. Develope good stuy habits now. Learn now to be organzied and a good manager of time. You won't always have someone there constantly reminding you what needs to be done and when its due. Take resposiblitly for yourself. Above all stay on top of not only your school work but your personal life as well. Do your best to maintain a healthy balance. It means nothing to do well in school but be misserable on a personal level. It also does nothing to have a great personal life but fell in your studies. There has to be balance. Lastly be organzied. Lastly just be yourself. Don't change for anyone. Your a great person and your going to do something amazing with you life.

Francisco

For honor program, good grades and best sports.

For honor program, good grades and best sports.

try in to do my best in my classes and sports to make my parents happy.

It provided a lot things to get an A+ in all my classes and plus there is tutoring all subjects in my school.

curtis

being californias oldest community college.

being californias oldest community college.

If i could go back and give advice to my high school self, i would tell myself to take more chances and join more clubs than i did. I would tell myself to apply much earlier for financial aid than i did. Would save my family a lit of money. I would advise myself to stop persuing archaeology when my true passion is being a historian specializing in the Italian Renaissance. Dont play video games so much and enjoy life more. I would tell myself to start looking for a job sooner than i did. If i had i might have a job. I would say talk to the pretty girl in english. I would quote Socrates to myself "the unexamined life is not worth living". that is the acvice i would give my high school self if i could go back in time.

class size, beautiful campus, great professors, good lunches, how accesible the profesors are, how the library looks like its from the renaissance. convenient location, close to several fast food restaurants. good tuition rate, great sports facilities, good science labs. theater department puts on some great plays. financial aid counselors are helpful.

In all honesty, I would not have chosen Fresno City College if not for their Leon S. Peters Honors Program. This program is fantastic, and as long as you keep a good grade point average, there are so many perks involved. Students can be first to pick classes, graduate with special honors, smaller class sizes, and recieve garunteed transfer to a UC or CSU after completing general education courses, which is a great way to save money.

Dear Rachel, You are too young to be having a mid-life crisis. Stop and breathe. Your college choice does not determine the rest of your life. You and your work ethic do. Please use social media with caution. Scrolling through endless posts about your "supierior" classmates at Berkeley or Stanford will only result in anxiety and self-doubt. The past can't be changed; so don't spend another minute wondering if you had only studied a little more or applied yourself a little more... Be humble. Be grateful. You have so much. You are getting a good education at a city college, with interesting courses and intellegent porfessors. For all you know, you could've been sitting in a horrible, boring lecture day after day at an Ivy League school, and be paying twice as much for it. Try new things. This is important to your sanity. Be passionate, run, give it your all. You will look stupid sometimes. It's ok. In this world of filters and computer screen barriers, be real. Make mistakes and learn from them. In conclusion, Rachel, just remember to keep everything in perspective. You are young, there is time.

The best thing about Fresno City College is the value. There are some really wonderful teachers there, who care about their craft, and encourage students to never stop learning. They could easily be teaching at an expensive private school, but instead students can pay about half as much and get that same great instruction.

Kary

The Activities it has to offer and the graduating rates!

The Activities it has to offer and the graduating rates!

I would go back and say...Study and work harder in your math class, get help when you need it dont be so wrapped up in work to not get help! Enjoy your life now becausae responsibility is right around the corner, enjoy being a high school senior take chances and dont be scared of failing you'll learn from it!

The worst part of the shcol im attending are the expensive books!

Fresno City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.