Fresno City College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Fresno City College

Philip

Fresno City College feels like it is at odds with itself. It has an excellent reputation for a 2-year college, and it has many career-based opportunities beyond what a 4-year university would ever be able to provide. The majority of the staff (teaching and otherwise) I've encounters are enthusiastic and interested in what they do, and often have relevant experience. The college has even recently added the requirement that teaching staff have master's degrees in a relevant field. However, as a non-traditional student with career experience and many units from other schools, I see a side of it where rules set by the college discourage the application of previous classes and experience toward accepted course credit. Also, the mandatory academic advisement can be difficult to navigate because different advisors can give conflicting information or leave out important details. That said, everyone has always been as helpful as they are able and I'm now well on my way to my Associate Degree.

bernice

I think it is a pretty cool school that would be really interesting to me and that they have the classes i would really like to take.

Joshua

Fresno City is a place where all students can go to learn the general requirements they need for the Undergrad. I've met some really great people there, the professors are very knowledgeable for the most part, and the parking isn't too bad. Overall I really enjoy Fresno City College.

Zena

Fresno City College is a great place for high schools who are transitioning from the high school scene to the college scene. The professors really care about their students' education, but students are also expected to take responsibility for their academic success. Office hours are always made known, and majority of students know where they can receive help from tutors if they ever need it.

Natalie

The historic campus at Fresno City College is one of the best parts of this place. And there are professors who will care about you, but the student population is not driven in the least. If you are intending to transfer to a four year university, make the trip over to Willow/Clovis.

Destiny

Fresno City College is a good school for those who want their basic or general needs for an education, As for an aspiring art student, not much can be found on the school grounds other than its fundamentals. Other than the school lacking some classes, not just from art students, but for other fields of interest, there isn't much for you to find other than covering your basic needs to move on.

Kobaiy

Fresno City College is a great college to go to. It is a institution that has a large variety of classes, majors, and opportunities for people who wants to have a future. The one downside that can be heard about the college are parking spaces, housing, and the area that it is in. Mostly for the fact that one way to enter the school is through a cross way that only goes through three ways. Outside Housing is okay since there are apartments nearby with a reasonable price. Inside the college, there is a wide variety of people and open space. Familiar faces to see, job opportunities, and monthly annual events that takes place at the center of the college. With the experience of staying over there for three semesters, it is one of the best places to learn, socialize, and branch off to different opportunities and possibilities.

jeni

The campus itself is beautiful as it is one of the oldest community colleges in California. The class size is great because I feel that my instructors have the time to talk with students and answer questions. Additionally, it creates a better learning environment between all the students. My academic advisers are outstanding! They truly take the time necessary to help me map out my present and my future so that I feel that the courses I am taking are applicable to my major as well as interesting. The majority of the staff on campus are also very nice, helpful, and patient... including the Financial Aid office, which has helped me out a great deal, especially as my first semester there followed a bout with cancer. I was so nervous about everything, especially finances. They made sure all my questions were answered and that I felt confident in my choice to go to school. My time at FCC has been AWESOME

Tetra

I begin my coursework at Fresno City College, Fall 2014. I was pregnant with my first child, and it was really great to be on a campus with teachers and student peers that didn't make you feel uncomfortable for being a young pregnant student. The teachers I encountered where great, they made the material easy to understand and if you needed more help they made themselves available to help you.

Very impressive campus! I love the all the history that the walls of the library and Old Admin Building have attached to them! You can almost feel all the footsteps of each and every hopefully motivated students who have walked the grounds of the past.

Nathan

I've lived in fresno all my life and so many people talked bout City and now that i'm attending it excites me honestly. I have so many aspirations and dream that i want honestly i'd scared to not afford it. But with being a student at Fresno city i have hope

Cerrina

Overall, Fresno City is not a bad college. There are plenty of resources that you can use, including borrowing school books, printing homework out, getting tutoring either one on one or in groups, the library itself is huge, and there are at least two computer rooms where you can go in and use their computers. The teachers are invested, for the most part, and also mostly unbiased. Plus, there are plenty of classes to choose from, and the DSPS office has plenty of people willing to help with your degree.

Jaime

The campus is big and there is a lot more to see then just classes that are scheduled. The basketball team is the best in the league and many come to watch them way. The place of where it is located has good shops and easy access to a coffe shop which can get work done easier.

Melina

I definitely recommend Fresno City College to my friends who are looking for a place to go and an environment that will allow them to learn what it is they want to do with their lives. I know that I could not be where I am today without the staff and classes offered at Fresno City. They have given me many opportunities that I am glad I took a part of.

JON-MICHAEL

Fresno City has been a great school. The teachers are incredibly helpful, and there are always tutors if you need some extra guidance. The counselors have been a boon as I've got back to school after a break. Definitely a good choice if you are looking at getting back to school. To my knowledge they don't have any housing options, hence the poor stars in that category.

Joseph

A campus that provides a variety affordable courses. Huge diversity. Likeable instructors and great arts programs. The campus is small but comfortable. On-line courses available. Many facilities to utilize such as library, Web Room, on site counseling office, Financial Aid Office/ Officers and Tutoring Centers. Counselors are readily available to help students.

Michaela

I think FCC is a great college for incoming freshmen who have not decided what they want to major in. There are a variety of classes you can take that might help you discover your career and so far all of my teachers have been encouraging and helpful.

Jenny

It is a nice friendly version of Sacramento State full of people willing to help.

olivia

Overall this school is okay. The teachers are nice. Campus is a little sketchy though. There's a bum here or there.

Isela

The level of learning here is excellent. The teachers I have learned under have been some of the most professional and inspiring academics I've encountered. Given location circumstances, this college is truly overachieving. I am proud to be a student here.

Raymond

Its a good school, many of the teachers are fair and understanding. There are only a few that should be avoided. Although not much room for socializing with other students. Its good for getting your general education done, because it is cheap and easy.

Alicia

Fresno City College is a fairly good school, they have an excellent nursing program. Outside of having some teachers who don't know how to teach and cigarette smokers who lack respect for those who don't smoke and fail to use designated smoking areas, Fresno City College is a good school. If you are looking to your general education over with without spending a lot of money, this is the place to go .

Carolina

The library and tutoring services are great and they really try to make themselves available at all times. However, the counselors, especially for disabled students, which I am, are not very good at their jobs. They are rarely available to students and all of the counselors often make huge mistakes in their advice, having students take classes they don't need or staying extra semesters that they don't need. The food is decent, but the parking is horrible. This college is notorious in the city for having the worst parking. Students and teachers often have to arrive an hour or two early to campus just to find parking. Most of the teachers are generally good at their jobs but there are some racist and sexist teachers that go ignored by their deans, even when students make several complaints.

kyle

It has great teachers, facilities, and class sizes. Nearly all of the teachers are available if a student seeks them out, and they are very helpful with problems in and out of the classroom. The parking situation is awful. At 10:00 AM it may take 30 minutes just to find a parking spot, so you have to show up early!

Melissa

I like to think of Fresno City College as the school for three types of people: those who are financially lacking, those who desire vocational/technical training, and those who need a new beginning. For the group of individuals who are financially lacking, this is an excellent school as units are much cheaper than what you would be paying at a CSU or UC and there is also an abundance of financial aid given to those who attend this school. For those who desire vocational/technical training, this school offers several different programs from mechanics, electrician training, nursing school, dental school etc. And finally for those who need new beginnings, this school is perfect for those who have made a few mistakes in their life or did not take high school seriously and would like to steer their education in the right path. Although you can get your Associate's Degrees here, it also easily facilitates those who wish to improve their grades (and their lives) in order to transfer to a four year university if they choose to further their education and create a better future for themselves.

Kirenroop

I really enjoy it here at Fresno City College. I haven't had any bad interactions with the students or the staff here on campus. Everyone is very friendly. I went to Fresno State for two semesters and I was very miserable there. Maybe it was the environment and the people around me. No one was willing to help me with my classes. I fell behind and ended up failing my major classes. I decided to go to City to start over and try to go back to State. Though I have only taken two semesters so far, I have met the most amazing people ever. They were all willing to help me and I was able to pass my science class with an A. My GPA even went up to a 4.0! It's great and I am going to keep working hard to get my degree. With that, I give you my opinion about Fresno City College.

Madison

Fresno City College is a great place to start your college education. In my time there, I had a variety of general education classes taught by teachers who were passionate about their material and were there to help you when you needed help. The campus has some really beautiful sights from the OAB and its court yards to the murals seen in various places around the campus.

Jenny

After attending this college for a year, there has been good and bad experiences. Knowing that not all schools are perfect but there has been a lot of good things. There is a lot of helpful professors that encourages students to go tutoring and offer their office hours. There are some helpful counselors that really listen and work with our schedules and the school is very diverse, so I got to meet a lot of different people. I feel somewhat safe at school but like any other public place I am always aware of my surroundings. The school has been really informative when there has been questionable events or safety alerts that happen in school through email and phone calls to all the students.

Shoua

Fresno city college have the worst parking problem ever but it has always been like that since I don't know when. Classrooms are hard to get in because of the overflowing of students trying to get in. The good thing is that professors are usually good at what they do and they offer a lot of ways to try to help their students to pass their classes. Besides the parking issue, Fresno City college is a great way to start because they offer a lot of ways to help their students achieve academically.

Peggy

Fresno City College is a great school! There are many programs for students to choose from. I am in the nursing program and I am very impressed with the program and its instructors! This program has been in place for many years! They are all very professional and care about their students.

Rochel

It’s pretty interesting.

Steve

My opinion on Fresno City College is that I believe that is a pretty good community college. I am in a dual enrollment program with Design Science Middle College High School. From the time that I have been here, all the teachers I had were very nice and always helped me when I needed it.

Monica

I believe its a great opportunity to join a school such as theirs. The school its self is a place where all people are able to join without to much of hassle being really smart and continue their education.

Felipe

I believe it’s a good option for me to contitinue my studies. The school seems nice and calm and without a lot of issues. I love the fact that everyone’s able to go even though we didn’t have good grades I messed up for three years in high. Do to that I wasn’t able to go somewhere else but well after a while of being somewhat sad. I was relieved to know that Fresno City College can really help me in continuing going to school. So that one day I can be something bigger and better than what I was before.

Tina

Fresno City Collage was a good started school. It is in a beautiful, but now dangerous part of town. For the location and the population, they have done a very good job of providing a good academic environment.

Audree

It is a normal community college, there are places to get involved and groups to join, but ultimately there is no real sense of permanence because most of the students who attend, including myself, do so because it's cheap and will get us to whichever four-year we would like to attend in two years.

Niki

Fresno City College has many great students and staffs but overall it's alright. It is a community college so there's not much. What could be better is remolding some of the buildings and adding a few new courses. There's only off housing campus which is great, but Fresno City College is kinda dangerous, especially at night... so adding blue light phones are a need.

Esperanza

My opinion for Fresno City College is that the programs like Arts or Engineering classes and more programs are very good. Teachers and counselors will be there to help you if your stuck as long as you show them that your really taking college seriously. Although I haven’t gotten to meet my teachers yet due to this pandemic of the Coronavirus and will have to take online courses I have gotten in touch to a counselor for engineering that had help me about taking the right classes so I wouldn’t be taking classes that I wouldn’t need. I know that Fresno City College would be a good school for me.

Kalib

Fresno City College is a great school to go to if you do not want to jump straight into a four-year university. The teachers are willing to work with you, but you have to be able to articulate what you need. Overall, I would recommend this school to others.