Fresno Pacific University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Fresno Pacific University

VALERIE

Its a awesome school lots to get involved with everyone is so nice and respectful teachers are the best here. Sports school activities and study groups its a healthy enviornment for everyone students family members even your four legged family members.

Alexandra

Fresno Pacific is a quaint little university with the main campus just blocks away from the poorest parts of Fresno. Don't let that worry you though because the security is phenomenal! Despite being a private Christian University, the students here are very diverse. The on campus living is quiet (most of the time) but fun. FPU centers around community and involvement. The clubs and activities are numerous. When it comes to academics this school is top notch. The classroom sized vary. I have had classes with up to 25 students and classes as small as 7. The majority of the class sizes range between 12-22. The professors here are readily available and want to help their students succeed. This campus is small, but you are sure to see a new face almost everyday. Overall FPU is a good school, but if you do not have the scholarships or financial aide to come here with very few loans, you might want to consider going to a JC first.

Bethany

FPU has changed my life

Madison

Fresno Pacific University is a welcoming campus that has a loving community. The minute I stepped onto the campus, I felt like I had found where I was meant to be. I appreciate the students, faculty, and donors who make Fresno Pacific what it is today.

Shelley

Great school, with many options for young students and returning students. They work well with Veterans, and those students with disabilities or special needs and requirements. The campuses are beautiful, with options up and down the central valley of California.

wonderly

Fresno Pacific University School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences Social Work Program is as great school of opportunities. In addition as a Social Work student, I am so grateful to be a student at such great Christian university that allows students the opportunity to succeed through service and excellence in a Christian atmosphere of higher learning.

Kyla

Fresno Pacific University is a good school to consider to attend. Along the way, you will meet a lot of new people and create great relationships with friends. Staff is very kind and assisting to those who need it, and contains "diverse" groups of students and staff. Surprisingly, the school holds tremendous amounts of international students and are willing to help them as well. Overall, the school experience is good, safe, and responsible as they uphold their Christian values.

Melisa

I'm blessed to be able to go to school here. I am glad that I am able to attend Fresno Pacific University. I have experienced the benefits of having multiple instructors that care about me and my success in my studies. I feel I am more able to accomplish my educational goals because of FPU.

Brielle

It is a smaller school, very nice. I will be going here in the fall and can’t wait to attend. The campus staff are all so helpful and nice. The dorms looked like a nice living space. The facilities looked very well taken care of and I was glad to here that there weren’t any sororities or frat parties there.

Evanna

This is a great school for those who are serious about learning. There is no wasted time here. The staff is very helpful and they get back to you rather reasonably. I love that my school let's me be in a "cohort" with other people because I have made so many friends that I can network with forever.

Luke

Fresno Pacific is far from perfect; there are cracks and leaks, metaphorically-speaking, wherever you choose to look (and, sometimes a boon and sometimes not, people to call them out). However, the strong sense of community, the passion, and engagement of the professors, and the general peaceful atmosphere make it a comfortable place to both study and grow. To conclude with the plant metaphor, I would say that FPU is like a grandparent's greenhouse: not kept up as well as it probably ought, but full to bursting with character and love.

Gabriela

I love Fresno Pacific University. The administration and professors are very polite and friendly. Even though the school is Christian based, they will never try to convert you or sway you to think a certain way. They have the utmost respect for every single individual on campus. The classroom size is my favorite, there are less than 10 students per class and a big class less than maybe 20 students. That means that there is a lot of one on one with the professor for any questions you have or if you need help on homework. There is a writing center and tutorial center to help each student. The school is structured so that there is always someone available to help you with anything you need. If you need to see the counselor or the financial aid adviser they have face to face visit and even over the phone conference with you. They have classes throughout the day and night. If you have work in the day you can take night classes and still be able to have the one on one time with the professor after class, but every professor is different. Fresno pacific has various outside activities and clubs one may want to join. Aside from that we have various sports one can join. This year we celebrated their 75th birthday!! This year 2019 was my first year attending Fresno Pacific and I can honestly say that I made an outstanding choice by choosing this university to finish my BA degree. If you like what you heard make an appointment to tour the campus, you won’t regret it!

melissa

I love Fresno Pacific University. It is a great school with the highest quality education you can get in the central valley. I could not imagine going anywhere else. The teachers are great and the advisors genuinely care about you and your future. I love this school.