Fresno Pacific University Top Questions

What should every freshman at Fresno Pacific University know before they start?

Laura

I would give the advice that I should have layed low and focuesed more on my studies and less on the drama that was cirlcing around me. I would advise to not worry about what people thought about me and would advise to not date either.

Benjamin

Younger Ben, Don't worry about college. Is it hard? Yes. Is it going to take a toll on you? Yes. After all the growing up that you will do over the time you're in college (and out) you will realize that college, like most things, is scarier going into than it deserves. You will do well, you will enjoy yourself, and you will learn more than what is taught in class. Stop worrying, enjoy yourself, and don't let Nick talk you into stupid things after happy hour. Older Ben

Yana

Start your application as earlier as possible. Go to your counselors for advice how to process all the things you need for the collage. Try to join the club about colleges. Fill out FAFSA at January. Try to fill out as much scholarship applications as possible. Make an orientation as early as you can. Be a good student, take your education seriously. Don’t be scared, good luck.

Breanna

I would tell myself to make sure to complete any unsatifactory grades I have in night school so that I could go to a stat university whether it be a UC or a CSU. I would also tell myself to make sure I know what I want to major in before school starts otherwise I would be wasting my time. Also, I would tell myself to go to Fresno Pacific University which is the school I am curently attending because the staff and faculty are just amazing. They try and help you when they can even though at times it takes them a while to get back to you, but it would be all worth it in the end with the quality of education that you get there with as many recommondation that I have heard about the school from alumni.

Tabitha

Be prepared to work very hard, high school does not prepare you for the amount of time and work it takes to be a successful college student. You will have to sacrafice a lot to succeed but in the end it will all pay off.

Sirley

It is never too early to begin your scholarship search. Educational debt is no joke and it adds up fast. It is tough but your education is always worth it so begin saving early and start on your scholarship quest as quickly as you can. Small scholarships are worth a lot when added up and can help with smaller expenses so do not be discouraged. Every dollar counts and will go a long way.

Kensey

There is a lot of advice that I would give my high school self. I would tell myself that it is important to create good time organization. Along with that I would tell myself that in college the professors expect more of you, so that means you have to really pay attention. You cannot expect to pass your classes; you really have to study for the test. It is important for you to be willing to share your stuff with others. When you live your roommates you will share your hair products, and anything else they need to use.

Sirley

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her to follow her heart. It sounds cliche but if your heart is not in the right place, in the place that makes you want to learn, that makes you want to get up everyday and strive on to reach your dreams and goals then you will be utterly miserable. Don't feel like you have to feel pressured in your college decision by your parents, your siblings, your friends or anyone. The only person who should choose where you're going to college is yourself. This is one of the biggest decisions of your life and if you are not 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} sure and happy with it, it is not worth it. Don't focus so much on what others think or feel, but instead leave your inhibitions behind and love yourself. Overall, please, do what YOU believe in because in the end, only you truly know exactly what you want.

Kandace

Where do I start with answering this question? I couldn't begin to imagine going in time and talking to myself as a high school senior. But if I would, I would tell myself to never give up no matter what happens. Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself that the road is not going to be easy. In the words of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Competitor's Creed: "I give my all - all of the time. I do not give up. I do not give in. I do not give out. I am the Lord's warrior- a competitor by conviction and a disciple of determination. I am confident beyond reason because my confidence lies in Christ. The result of my efforts must result in His glory. " That is the advice that I would give my high school senior self. It may not seem like much, but there is only so much that I could say in so many words.

If I could go back to my senior year in high school; I could tell myself a lot of things to do in order to be prepared for college. Though, the number one thing that I wish I could do over would be more interactive into asking questions and to get to know the teachers. Here, at college it is so important to get to know the professors well because they want to get to know you and they really want to help you. In order to do that students ( I ) have to be the fist one to take the first move to ask question. They do not know if you are struggling or not. Getting to know the professors is a really important thing to do in college.