Wichita, KS
Friends University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Friends University

Samuel

Friends University seems very family and church orientated, they make it feel more like another family and does anything for a student.

If i could have a chance to go back in time and talk to my self about college and everything that is important. I would go back to senior year and tell my self that grades, football and school is the most important. Because like most people think that nothing matters in high school but the last year of high school determines what you will get in scholarships and be looked at as. Grades determine alot and the gpa of everything i did. But I am now given a second chance to play football and make great grades and actually put everything i have into school. But if i knew what i know now i would have totally have done a lot different and not worried about making money and get nice things. Because school will get me farther than anything i could do with working. I am so excited to go back to school and ready to fight for anything to make my self as a person better.

Really Friends University is a very nice school. But i would have really liked to know that school is very important. that anyone should take every class important because it reflects on the next school that a person attends. Grades are the most important thing. I went through alot before coming to Friends University. Friends took me in and is doing everything in their power to fullfill my dreams. School is a full time job and anyone that is given the chance to attend a college they should take it with everything and do the best.

Amelia

Our music program, our education program is well known locally, and we are one of three schools in the nation with a Zoo Science program.

Live on campus, and be patient. Freshman year is hard for most people, so expect not to have many friends. Get involved where you can, focus on school, and try for an on-campus job as soon as you can. The more people see you around campus, the more likely you are to make friends, and the more likely they are to think of you to invite places. Don't worry and have fun.

There is a major divide between the atheists/scientists in the zoo science program and the Christians in campus ministries. Despite being a Christian, I often feel alienated by our campus ministries group. Because of this, many of the students seem out of touch with a large section of the population.

Sara

If I could go back and advise myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to embrace myself and continue my strong work ethic. The most exciting part of the transition to college is the chance to branch out, meet new people, amd grow as an adult. I would encourage myself to go beyond my comfort zone and break out of my shell to experience the new opportunities and to challenge myself in different and new life stages. What is equally important is to take it upon yourself to learn how to really study to achieve the degree that will gain you the career that you truely want to do for the rest of your life. The motivation for this college experience is to achieve your dreams and learn how strong you can be as an adult, feeling independant and confident to move into a happy and fufilling adulthood.

What I consider to be the best thing about my school is the wide variety of programs. Specifically what drew me to the university was the zoo science program which in taught in conjunction with a local aza accredited zoo. I am very excited to have found this program since I would love to work in a zoo setting and it is one of the few degree programs for zoo science that is offered in the US.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school would be someone who does not agree or tolerate the Christian faith. Friends University is a private college taught on the basis of Christian values/faith, and therefore as part of the required curriculum each student has to take a class that teaches and encourages the prinicipals of the Christian faith.

Matthew

It is a very nice, smaller campus, with smaller class sizes.

Look for a nice, smaller college that allows for flexibility and meshes with your kid's personality (introverted, extroverted). It's much better to take 5+ years of classes slowly with some fun ones thrown in, than to try to get it all in in 4 years. Consider doing general ed. classes at a community college, then the rest at a 4-year college.

Kyle

The ability to meet creative and outgoing people that love to have a good time and want the same things you do such as be successful and achieve the highest.

Stay open minded and choose a school that wants you and not your money. A school that is small enough that will know you and be willing to help you when you need it.

Any type of person should attend this school. Athletes, muscians, artist, etc this school has it all.

Erin

Life after HS Graduation is awkward. You're leaving everyone you knew for 12 years and it can feel like all security is gone. It becomes easy to find yourself looking for the closest, most "comfortable" school to reclaim that security. However, colleges are like shoes, and you wouldn't settle for the one that's on the closest shelf! Search until you find a college that that really seems to fit your post-college goals. Don't waste money on higher education with a pretty campus until you know that they have the faculty to support you and your major. If and when that shoe fits, all experience will rely on you, your workload and residence. To delve into the joys of college life, don't be afraid to shake off high school stereotypes and reinvent yourself. Living on campus will reveal a lot of surprising traits---and friendships. To keep semesters relatively painless, meticulously plan schedules and don't overload; Learning is important, but dumping ice water on the entire unsuspecting freshman class will be remembered forever! Most importantly, know that despite occasional pinched toes, you will have no sweeter freedom than when in your college shoes.

Friends University has some amazing vocal talent and a really wonderful music program. And the campus is beautiful!

Music and sports are well funded, but the art department is small, delapidated and unaccomodating for exploring art in all of its many forms. Supplies were low, professors were mostly adjunct and underpaid and not available when students need them.

Well being a Christian school, I really enjoy the faith and learning class that is required. It helps and with life and keeping in touch with God. Even thought i do not believe in him. It is an interesting class. And I really like how it is a small University, just the right size.

Take your time when looking for the right school. Don;t choose it because your friends are going there. And If you are playing a sport think about your education too. Its nice to be on a winning team, as long as you are playing the game that's all that matters. Remember you are a student athlete, Student before athlete.

You can always find something wriong with a school, but i would have to say the cost. Its a private school which I understand but a little too pricey for me.

nathan

A great emphasis on community and supporting the arts.

A great emphasis on community and supporting the arts.

Find something you're passionate about and find a school that allows you study that either directly or indirectly. Finding this first will help students to better fit in to thier school and make new lifelong friends.

The fact that students have the opportunity to try out new things through clubs and orginazations and gain a better understanding of the world.

Katelin

traditon, excellence, they actually get stuff done!

traditon, excellence, they actually get stuff done!

Always have a back up plan, and be prepared to change your plans--as finances, roommates, professors etc. can affect the choice you made. making you dread where you are... but try the best to enjoy your first choice!

my professors' passion

Friends University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.