Wichita, KS
Friends University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Friends University

Damian

Well we have a great Fine Arts department, one of three schools in the country that offer a zoo-Sicence Major, our athletics are always a contender for the confernce Championship and our Campus Minstriy department is really Amazing !

When looking for a college I think parents and/or students should look to the faculty and employees first to see how the experience at that college will be. The Faculty tells alot about what type of college a person will be attending. If the University takes pride in their students and there ability to learn, they will take pride in providing them with passionate professor and employees, making there experience as good as possible. I think second they should look at the Community, and how welcoming it is. A welcoming community invites everyone, and not just a specific group of people who believe the same thing, but a respectable amount of diversity . By having different people on the campus, it prepares students for the world. I think a campus should have it's share of good and bad people (according to expectation of our nation) and by having this it will allow students the opportunity to experience one of the most important skills that is learned, which is to understand how rely on their own ability to reason and make decision in the kinds of situation that will be presented in the time in and outside of college.

I don't really think I can answer that question, I can't think of a single person that wouldn't be welcomed at my school due to the strong Friendly Christians community here which teaches us to love and not to condem.

Angela

The best advice I can give to students and/or parents looking at colleges is that you must experience the college. Take a campus visit, attend a sporting event, sit in on classes, or go to a concert or performance at the schools you are looking at. Make sure you know beforehand what size of school you would like to attend and if you want to attend a private or state school. After visiting all the schools you like, make a pro and con list for each school. This can make the process of selecting a college that much easier. Also be aware of how much financial aid you qualify for at each institution. Money makes a difference in everyones decision. So make sure you know what you will have to pay.

A person who is not very well motivated, someone who doesn't like to work hard, a person who wants it all handed to them or someone who hates homework. People who like to party a lot or just look at college as a big social scene should not attend this school.

I brag most about our amazing Fine arts program here. It is one of the best in the country and truly outstanding. Fine art students make up over half of the student body. Everyone on campus knows about our highly accredited fine arts program.

I love that it is aChristian school that sees me as a person and not a number. They value my abilities and strive to aid me in finding the best place to be successful.

It is not always about the prestige of a school. Look for what will fit your child's attitude and what they want to become. Some schools foster destruction and others foster personal growth. Kowledge only gets youso far in this world. Character and value are much more important than prestige. Remeber that thit should be the best college for your child and not for you. Let them choose and support them. Eventhough we as children may balk at your ideas, we still desire your love and support, so please do not withhold it when we are defining our true identity as an idividual. Talk with your children and learn who, not what, they want to be.

Nothing. I felt and still feel very prepared.

Jacob

There is no exact guide to picking a college to attend. Each person is looking for something different in their college experience. The main thing to make sure of is that the college you choose feels right. A student needs to feel comfortable at the university they are going to get their higher education at. If your dream school looks perfect except in the pocket book area, don?t worry. There are a lot of grants and financial aid available. Do not rule anything out until you see the final numbers. You would be surprised how much help you can get to pay for college. Even if you have to take out a loan, they can be good for helping you build credit later on. Another thing to make sure of is that you are going to a college because you want to go there. Not because your friends, girl/boyfriend is going, or because your parents want you to go there. They might be helping to pay for it but they shouldn't be paying for 4 years of misery. Overall the school needs to fit you, find one that will help you define yourself.

The best thing about Friends University is the overall atmosphere. People are very friendly and always willing to help you out. The campus is gorgeous and all of the facilities are well kept and updated. The faculty and staff are always helpful with whatever you might need. The university also provides many opportunities to have fun outside of class at athletic events or social events. Overall Friends is just a great place to be, it is like a second home.

People that should attend Friends University should be friendly, outgoing, and creative. If they are wanting a big college, this isn't the place for them. Friends has small classes and a campus that is smaller compared to big universities. A person looking at Friends should be willing to accept different points of view and be open minded to new ideas. They should be ready to work, learn, research, and prepare for their future.

Rebecca

As a prospective college student, it is important not to get single-minded and think about only one college. Multiple applications to many different types of colleges is important. When you apply to all of these different colleges, information comes in truck loads. All of the financial aid departments will work with you and your financial aid application to see how much aid you can get from the government. One thing I have noticed is how at smaller, private colleges, you can recieve more money financially than state colleges. Also, do not be afraid to apply for any sort of scholarship. You never know if you will win or recieve it, but it never hurts to try it and it is almost always free. A free application with the possibility of recieve money! You will also want to get to know their policies of health and security. Touring the college, sitting in on classes, and meeting teachers and current students is a great way to find out more about the college also. You will never get a better review of the college than from someone who actually lives, interacts, and attends that college. Good luck finding your college!

I just wish I had known to either live on campus or live closer to campus. I lived about 30 minutes away and it was difficult having to drive that far to attend a few classes and then wait hours before my next class or my athletic practice. I wish I had known to attend more campus fu7nctions also, so I could have met and gotten to know more people.

Someone who does well academically or wants to begin accelling in academics. It is an asthetically pleasing campus, and is very art-oriented, be it writing, music, graphic art, or just plain old art. The classes are always small and you will get to know people whether you live on or off campus. The teachers are challenging and engaging but also very helpful. This is a college for those who want a great education beyond high school.

Brandon

Before beginning, students should talk to their high school instructors, who specialize in the fields that interest them. This helps the student learn what careers are available within that field and which schools excel there. Second, I strongly suggest that the prospective student and the parent visit these schools. If possible, talk to the director of the department they will be studying under, and see if they can sit in on a class or two that is required for that degree plan. After a student chooses the school that offers the most to them, consider attending a high-quality community college during their freshman year, then transferring. These courses are cheaper and bolster the student's college GPA for scholarships. Once the student reaches a decision about which college to attend, apply early. Many schools are first come, first serve with on-campus housing. Following acceptance into the school of his/her choice, the student should take a moment to breathe. They have done well and the fall semester brings new challenges that fretting over will not solve. Once the new semester begins, get involved. Seek out study groups, intramural sports and clubs to provide support throughout this endeavor.

Our Zoo Science Program. I absolutely love it. Our professors at the school for our biology courses are wonderful and extremely helpful in setting there subject in with the bigger picture in biology. And, our zoology courses are taught by curators at the zoo. Also, the zoo curators, Director and assistant Director come to the school once every other month for a luncheon with any zoo science students who wish to attend, to discuss the state of the zoo, the upcoming projects for the zoo, and job opportunities there, and to get our feedback on the courses we are taking.

Friends University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.