Westminster, CO
Front Range Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Front Range Community College

Shaeanne

I would change my life if I could go back and talk to myself in my senior year of High School. I would tell myself to make sure I have all the financing I need for the school I got into, before I rule out any alternatives. I would also tell myself to not wait around for the financing before going to school at all. I would remind myself you don't want to be 22 in your freshman year of college, as I am now. I wouldn't wait for money for my life to start.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with this school. It works for whatever your schedule may be.

Laili

My school is best known for its helpfulness. Front Range has amazing teachers that are always willing to help, and awesome faculty. The students that go there are awesome as well, everyone is really friendly and wants to learn.

The first thing I would tell myself is, don't freak out!! it's not as bad as people make it seem. The next thing I would tell myself would be "make sure you have everything taken care of". How are you going to pay for school? What classes do you need to take? All these things are very important, and would have been very helpful to know when starting the college life. I would also tell myself, "make sure this is what you REALLY want to do, do not do this only because of what society tells you to do. Make sure that going straight to college is a good idea before you actually go." No one ever told me that and I wish I would have gone and travled the world before getting caught up in school.

Nothing. I am glad I decided to go to a community college. I decided that going to a community college would be a smart way to save money and get a better education. I had decided that I want to get my Associates degree and then transfer to CU boulder. I like the smaller classes and that teachers are more available.

Justine

Smart and ready to learn.

Smart and ready to learn.

Self, first do it right the first time so you dont have to do it later. Self, second commit and research what it is you really want to do with your life and the road its going to take to get there. I have learned that without this you may find your going back to find yourself ,when, if you would have done this before hand you would be a lot farther along 4 years later, than just starting. Self, do you and only you right out of highschool dont get caught up in all the things you want to do that you couldnt at home there is plenty of time for that. To get anywhere in life you need to show the world you have finished what you started, you are willing to jump hurtles to get where you wanted, and dedication to follow through.

Parking. Sometimes its hard to find a place to park other than a mile away.

Marissa

A well-rounded and diverse community-college.

A well-rounded and diverse community-college.

Time travel back to 2003. Wow, what a difference seven years makes. I was a young innocent little girl with bright ideas for the future. I was headed to University of Northern Colorado to become a Secondary Math Teacher. Little did I know that I wouldn't even make it through the first semester. SO... if I could go back to 2003 and give myself advice I would tell myself not to loose my focus. Don't worry about what the other kids think about you. Don't let that cute guy with the nice smile distract you. Don't go to those off campus parties. DO go to class everyday. Do study hard. Do stay commited to your goal. The world can be a scary place if you loose sight of your goals and stray off the beaten path. If I had known that 7 years ago I would not be where I am today- a single mother of two with no college education, yet. I would have already finished my degree and happily be teaching somewhere. If only time travel were possible.

I actually love my school, but if I had to pick the worst thing it would be the lack of parking. If you arrive at school anytime after 7am you get stuck in the overflow parking. This means that you have at least a five minute walk (if not longer) just to get back on campus. THen you still have to make it to your classroom on time. This can be quiet a nightmare if you are running late.

Lottie

They're a motely crew with various experience in life and the automotive field.

They're a motely crew with various experience in life and the automotive field.

If I could go back I'd tell my younger self, "Don't go to CU. Go to Front Range to start, since you don't know what you want to study."

The only thing I would change would be that the financial aid refunds can be direct deopsited instead of mailed to you.

Leighla

My classmates are every age from 18 to 50 and everyone is just as willing to learn as the other.

To go back in time to talk to myself about college would have saved me a lot of worrying. The first thing I would tell myself is to not be afraid of a new experience. College is intimidating but it is an experience not to miss out on. Find the excitement in meeting new people and learning new things. My second piece of advice is to is believe in yourself. When a class starts to get hard just remind yourself that you capable of learning anything you set your mind to. My last and most important piece of advice that I would tell myself is to keep my goals. Your major might change, your friends, and where you live too but always keep a clear goal of what you want in your life will get you successfully there. Know what your heart desires to not get lost along the way; because people will distract you from your path. Keep focused.

Any type of person can attend Front Range. If your not dedicated to acheive your goals then you shouldn't attend. You are wasting your own time and money. It's a great place to start if your straight out of high school or coming back after a few years. There is a lot of diversity in this school and I have yet to meet someone who didn't "fit in."

Kitzia

each class is full if diversity regarding age and ethnicity but everyone is really nice and friendly.

If I could go back in time and tell myself as a senior what I know now about college, the most important things I would say are relax, plan ahead, and get organized. First of all, senior year is full of stressfull situations and it makes things worse when everyone tells you how hard college is going to be. The truth is, it isn't. If you had a good system in highschool for getting your work done and managing your time wisely then you will do just fine in college as well. A big thing that you should keep track of is planing ahead. deadlines and important dates come very quickly so do everything like, applications, finanicial aid, buying books etc. sooner rather than later. Last, but probably most importantly, get organized. Aside from homework, you will have tons of important papers and contracts that you will need to keep safe so get some sort of file system or folders to keep everything in and know where it is for easy access. Also keep all of your passweords written down someplace safe because you will create lots of login accounts for school and it can get confusing. Good luck!

Front Range has a similar setting to a high school so anyone who likes a smaller campus and small classes should go there. If you are worried about getting lost in the crowd, this school would also be a good fit because the staff really tries to help you find your way around and make you feel comfortable. Front Range offers classes at different times through out the day and online classes so it is perfect for people with kids or who need school to work with their schedule.

Trisha

My classmates are all different age?s and race?s, it is very diverse.

My classmates are all different age?s and race?s, it is very diverse.

If I went back into time to my senior year of high school, knowing what I know now about college and the transition I would give this advise to my classmates and myself. The biggest thing about college is not only making the grades but preparing early for college. What I mean by this is have a plan on where you want to attend, then once you have that figured out talk to your parent?s on filling out your fasfa.I would say that this is the most stressful thing about starting college is finding the funds to do it. This process can take several weeks so if you are ahead of the game it will cause less stress on you and your parent?s. I also would like to explain the transition from high school to college. It?s very different from high school, in college you have to have self discipline, cause your teacher are not going to hound you to do your work like they do in high school. Read the chapters assigned and take note during lecture. Also get to know your professor?s.

I just transferred from university of Colorado to Front range in Westminster, so far I think it was the best decision I have made. I say this because not only is it cheaper, but there financial aid department is great unlike University of Colorado?s. I also like that the classes are smaller so you get more one on one with your professor which leads into better grades. I really think I?m going to succeed at Front range.

misty

I would tell myself to have commitment! To me commitment by choice is the strongest foundation that can be built. Learning how to follow things through to the end will create a sense of accomplishment and self worth. I also believe goal setting is paramount to a persons success. I would tell myself these things because now I know where being uncommited will get you. I would say that if you don't follow through now , in 15 years you will be struggling financially and working the same job that you don't enjoy anymore. Not only will you still be at the same job but you will not be making enough money to provide for the three wonderful children you will have. One day you will have to hold your baby and be worried about taking him to the doctor because you won't be able to afford insurance. Later when you finally realize that you can't keep struggling you will find the commitment but the cost is high...daycare, working, no vacation and so much time away from your kids. Make the the choice to be commited don't let life make it for you!

Nathan

Front Range is a good community college that allows for amazing education and a very good price.

If I could go back, I would tell myself, "Make good choices NOW. Turn your head up high and don't be prideful but be confident. The habits that you make for yourself will affect you every single day of your life and college is ten times harder than you imagine it. I know you are so ready to be out of here, out of high school altogether but I promise you that learning well now WILL benefit you in the end. I remember being you and thinking I knew what the future held for me and yet now I know that I may as well know nothing because the world will alter and I will alter with it. Never doubt yourself yet doubt everything because that is how you will learn. Trust in the eternal and question the current. Most important of all though, allow yourself to follow only what you know to be right."

Front Range Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.