Westminster, CO
Front Range Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Front Range Community College

Leighla

My classmates are every age from 18 to 50 and everyone is just as willing to learn as the other.

To go back in time to talk to myself about college would have saved me a lot of worrying. The first thing I would tell myself is to not be afraid of a new experience. College is intimidating but it is an experience not to miss out on. Find the excitement in meeting new people and learning new things. My second piece of advice is to is believe in yourself. When a class starts to get hard just remind yourself that you capable of learning anything you set your mind to. My last and most important piece of advice that I would tell myself is to keep my goals. Your major might change, your friends, and where you live too but always keep a clear goal of what you want in your life will get you successfully there. Know what your heart desires to not get lost along the way; because people will distract you from your path. Keep focused.

Any type of person can attend Front Range. If your not dedicated to acheive your goals then you shouldn't attend. You are wasting your own time and money. It's a great place to start if your straight out of high school or coming back after a few years. There is a lot of diversity in this school and I have yet to meet someone who didn't "fit in."

Kitzia

each class is full if diversity regarding age and ethnicity but everyone is really nice and friendly.

If I could go back in time and tell myself as a senior what I know now about college, the most important things I would say are relax, plan ahead, and get organized. First of all, senior year is full of stressfull situations and it makes things worse when everyone tells you how hard college is going to be. The truth is, it isn't. If you had a good system in highschool for getting your work done and managing your time wisely then you will do just fine in college as well. A big thing that you should keep track of is planing ahead. deadlines and important dates come very quickly so do everything like, applications, finanicial aid, buying books etc. sooner rather than later. Last, but probably most importantly, get organized. Aside from homework, you will have tons of important papers and contracts that you will need to keep safe so get some sort of file system or folders to keep everything in and know where it is for easy access. Also keep all of your passweords written down someplace safe because you will create lots of login accounts for school and it can get confusing. Good luck!

Front Range has a similar setting to a high school so anyone who likes a smaller campus and small classes should go there. If you are worried about getting lost in the crowd, this school would also be a good fit because the staff really tries to help you find your way around and make you feel comfortable. Front Range offers classes at different times through out the day and online classes so it is perfect for people with kids or who need school to work with their schedule.

Trisha

My classmates are all different age?s and race?s, it is very diverse.

My classmates are all different age?s and race?s, it is very diverse.

If I went back into time to my senior year of high school, knowing what I know now about college and the transition I would give this advise to my classmates and myself. The biggest thing about college is not only making the grades but preparing early for college. What I mean by this is have a plan on where you want to attend, then once you have that figured out talk to your parent?s on filling out your fasfa.I would say that this is the most stressful thing about starting college is finding the funds to do it. This process can take several weeks so if you are ahead of the game it will cause less stress on you and your parent?s. I also would like to explain the transition from high school to college. It?s very different from high school, in college you have to have self discipline, cause your teacher are not going to hound you to do your work like they do in high school. Read the chapters assigned and take note during lecture. Also get to know your professor?s.

I just transferred from university of Colorado to Front range in Westminster, so far I think it was the best decision I have made. I say this because not only is it cheaper, but there financial aid department is great unlike University of Colorado?s. I also like that the classes are smaller so you get more one on one with your professor which leads into better grades. I really think I?m going to succeed at Front range.

misty

I would tell myself to have commitment! To me commitment by choice is the strongest foundation that can be built. Learning how to follow things through to the end will create a sense of accomplishment and self worth. I also believe goal setting is paramount to a persons success. I would tell myself these things because now I know where being uncommited will get you. I would say that if you don't follow through now , in 15 years you will be struggling financially and working the same job that you don't enjoy anymore. Not only will you still be at the same job but you will not be making enough money to provide for the three wonderful children you will have. One day you will have to hold your baby and be worried about taking him to the doctor because you won't be able to afford insurance. Later when you finally realize that you can't keep struggling you will find the commitment but the cost is high...daycare, working, no vacation and so much time away from your kids. Make the the choice to be commited don't let life make it for you!

Nathan

Front Range is a good community college that allows for amazing education and a very good price.

If I could go back, I would tell myself, "Make good choices NOW. Turn your head up high and don't be prideful but be confident. The habits that you make for yourself will affect you every single day of your life and college is ten times harder than you imagine it. I know you are so ready to be out of here, out of high school altogether but I promise you that learning well now WILL benefit you in the end. I remember being you and thinking I knew what the future held for me and yet now I know that I may as well know nothing because the world will alter and I will alter with it. Never doubt yourself yet doubt everything because that is how you will learn. Trust in the eternal and question the current. Most important of all though, allow yourself to follow only what you know to be right."

This is a hard question for me because I became pregnant my senior year of high school. I don't think I would tell myself to not get pregnant because I love my daughter and I wouldn't change that. What I would tell myself is to remember that even though I became pregnant that doesn't mean I can't have fun. I would tell myself to remember to enjoy my senior year as much as I can because it only comes around once.

Any person should attend this school. There are alot of different people in this school already and with alot of different class options you can study almost exactly what you want to prepare you for the career you are interested in.

The main thing I like about my school is the class size. Because I am at community college instead of a university the class sizes are smaller and it makes it easier to understand what is going on. It also makes it easy to ask the teacher questions and get more focus put on you.

Tina

Frontrange is a small school, but it has an amazing family like atmosphere. You know your teachers one on one, and have great oppertunities to learn. They give you free tutoring sessions, and always have access to computers. Its unique because its like being at home when you are there. its like a family that helps you get to your main goal.

If I were to go back in time to when I was just in high school I would tell myself to get all the hard stuff done first once in college. I would tell my past self to start taking math classes first, and get all the biology out of the way. I would also tell myself that college isn?t so bad, its not hard, and it helps everyone get to the place they want to be. I would also say to start looking for scholarships for four year schools early. But I don?t regret the path I took, and the choices I?ve made in college, and I?m even thankful that I took so many art classes at first, but it still does make me wonder where I would be if I had done more math earlier.

I dont think there is anyone who "shouldn't" attend frontrange. I bet some one is a close minded racist probably wouldnt get along with anyone, everyone is so positive, and open minded at my school.

Felicia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would have alot to say. I have learned so much in the past couple years and really should have taken school much more seriously. I had alot of family issues and no support growing up so it was very hard for me to focus in school. I would tell myself to stay strong and make sure I get good grades. Save money because your parents aren't going to help you. But I will always have my same mindset that I can do anything I set my mind too. That's why I am here today. I am succeeding and doing everything on my own. It will only make me more successful!

It's in the middle of Colorado! it's beautiful here and everyone is so friendly. I moved here from Seattle, WA and couldn't be happier!

Anyone! There is such a wide variety of people there that you can meet almost any type of person! There are so many different age groups and different personalities that I am positive you'll find atleast one to befriend!

Nick

My school is best known for the range of education options and how it?s a great stepping stone for other places to go. It?s also known how easy it is to find help for any subject.

I for one may be considered to be different because I have known most of childhood that I want to be an Architect. Some people don't even know what they want to do leaving high school but I knew going into it. I would say that I would go back to tell myself to drop out get my GED and not waste that year I could be putting towards my life long goal of being an Architect. This isn't because I did poorly in High School; I had a 3.2 GPA and got a B in AP Calculus. I would do this because I feel everything I knew going into my senior year I could have done with going into a community college. Seeing as how I wanted to go to a community college before a university anyway, it would have only got me where I wanted to be a year sooner.

A person that isn't really sure of where or what they want to do should attend Front Range. Also, someone that is looking for an easy transition between high school and a major college could find Front Range useful to attend. This is because the class sizes are smaller and the teachers put themselves out there to go get help and just make it easy to find them.

Kyle

What's unique about my school is that there's a diverse background of students. When I lived in Illinois, and the community college that I attended, was full of one particular ethnicity. In order to fully be able appreciate the college atmosphere, it's best to be able to converse with students of various backgrounds. At Front Range I'm able to get a valuable education, while still being able to learn about other cultures.

Looking back I made so many mistakes as a high schooler, let alone a senior. I was on track to graduate, but I wasn't focused. I was too busy worried about what I was going to eat. If I had to give myself advice, it would be to stay strong. At that point in my life I began to hate the school I was at. My brother had already graduated and I was miserable. I would also tell past Kyle to not let other people determine what you do. And also to remember the importance of school. Once I found out I was ineligible to play baseball my world was over. That's when I completely backtracked. Past Kyle needed to know that baseball isn't everything. The main thing I would tell myself is to stay in school. I graduated almost six years ago and if I would have gone to school right away, I would have graduated. I would have told myself to just go to school and suck up whatever came at me. But what I learned was no regrets. I'm glad I took the journey. I woudn't be the person that I am.

In the summer I've been awarded the privilege of attending University of Colorado at Boulder. One of the reasons I chose to apply to the school was the vast amount of clubs I can join. The most frustrating thing about Front Range is the fact the they don't have very many clubs. The college experience is about meeting life long friends and doing so by joining clubs or being involved in intramurals.

Front Range Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.