Westminster, CO
Front Range Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Front Range Community College

This is a hard question for me because I became pregnant my senior year of high school. I don't think I would tell myself to not get pregnant because I love my daughter and I wouldn't change that. What I would tell myself is to remember that even though I became pregnant that doesn't mean I can't have fun. I would tell myself to remember to enjoy my senior year as much as I can because it only comes around once.

Any person should attend this school. There are alot of different people in this school already and with alot of different class options you can study almost exactly what you want to prepare you for the career you are interested in.

The main thing I like about my school is the class size. Because I am at community college instead of a university the class sizes are smaller and it makes it easier to understand what is going on. It also makes it easy to ask the teacher questions and get more focus put on you.

Tina

Frontrange is a small school, but it has an amazing family like atmosphere. You know your teachers one on one, and have great oppertunities to learn. They give you free tutoring sessions, and always have access to computers. Its unique because its like being at home when you are there. its like a family that helps you get to your main goal.

If I were to go back in time to when I was just in high school I would tell myself to get all the hard stuff done first once in college. I would tell my past self to start taking math classes first, and get all the biology out of the way. I would also tell myself that college isn?t so bad, its not hard, and it helps everyone get to the place they want to be. I would also say to start looking for scholarships for four year schools early. But I don?t regret the path I took, and the choices I?ve made in college, and I?m even thankful that I took so many art classes at first, but it still does make me wonder where I would be if I had done more math earlier.

I dont think there is anyone who "shouldn't" attend frontrange. I bet some one is a close minded racist probably wouldnt get along with anyone, everyone is so positive, and open minded at my school.

Felicia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would have alot to say. I have learned so much in the past couple years and really should have taken school much more seriously. I had alot of family issues and no support growing up so it was very hard for me to focus in school. I would tell myself to stay strong and make sure I get good grades. Save money because your parents aren't going to help you. But I will always have my same mindset that I can do anything I set my mind too. That's why I am here today. I am succeeding and doing everything on my own. It will only make me more successful!

It's in the middle of Colorado! it's beautiful here and everyone is so friendly. I moved here from Seattle, WA and couldn't be happier!

Anyone! There is such a wide variety of people there that you can meet almost any type of person! There are so many different age groups and different personalities that I am positive you'll find atleast one to befriend!

Nick

My school is best known for the range of education options and how it?s a great stepping stone for other places to go. It?s also known how easy it is to find help for any subject.

I for one may be considered to be different because I have known most of childhood that I want to be an Architect. Some people don't even know what they want to do leaving high school but I knew going into it. I would say that I would go back to tell myself to drop out get my GED and not waste that year I could be putting towards my life long goal of being an Architect. This isn't because I did poorly in High School; I had a 3.2 GPA and got a B in AP Calculus. I would do this because I feel everything I knew going into my senior year I could have done with going into a community college. Seeing as how I wanted to go to a community college before a university anyway, it would have only got me where I wanted to be a year sooner.

A person that isn't really sure of where or what they want to do should attend Front Range. Also, someone that is looking for an easy transition between high school and a major college could find Front Range useful to attend. This is because the class sizes are smaller and the teachers put themselves out there to go get help and just make it easy to find them.

Kyle

What's unique about my school is that there's a diverse background of students. When I lived in Illinois, and the community college that I attended, was full of one particular ethnicity. In order to fully be able appreciate the college atmosphere, it's best to be able to converse with students of various backgrounds. At Front Range I'm able to get a valuable education, while still being able to learn about other cultures.

Looking back I made so many mistakes as a high schooler, let alone a senior. I was on track to graduate, but I wasn't focused. I was too busy worried about what I was going to eat. If I had to give myself advice, it would be to stay strong. At that point in my life I began to hate the school I was at. My brother had already graduated and I was miserable. I would also tell past Kyle to not let other people determine what you do. And also to remember the importance of school. Once I found out I was ineligible to play baseball my world was over. That's when I completely backtracked. Past Kyle needed to know that baseball isn't everything. The main thing I would tell myself is to stay in school. I graduated almost six years ago and if I would have gone to school right away, I would have graduated. I would have told myself to just go to school and suck up whatever came at me. But what I learned was no regrets. I'm glad I took the journey. I woudn't be the person that I am.

In the summer I've been awarded the privilege of attending University of Colorado at Boulder. One of the reasons I chose to apply to the school was the vast amount of clubs I can join. The most frustrating thing about Front Range is the fact the they don't have very many clubs. The college experience is about meeting life long friends and doing so by joining clubs or being involved in intramurals.

Nathan

Probably the best advice I would give myself is that im attending college to further my education and not to party. For alot of kids college is the first time they have been on their own. It is ok to party on the weekends but they should try to keep it under control. Studying is very important to the success they have and if you spend to much time having fun your education can suffer. I think if they only want to party they should maybe think about taking a year off to get it out of their system. Then when they feel like they are ready to further their education they might have better success. I would also say they should choose a good enviroment to live in. A frat house might be alot of fun but it could affect their grades. If they stay in dorms with other people who are doing well in school it may help them out as well. Finally I would say that all colleges offer places to get additional help for free and that if you are struggling with class then it would be helpful to seek out additional help.

I think that anyone who is looking for a degree in the automotive field would certainly attend this school. If you are just graduating from high school it is small enough to find your way around campus and there are enough staff members to help you out. Also anyone older who attends will fit in because if is a good balance of younger students as well as older students. They offer night and weekend classes as well as regular weekday classes so even if you work full time you can still attend.

What I usually tell my friends the most when talking about my school would have to be the shop. It is very large and has alot of tools and lifts for cars. There are six lifts and two alinment racks. There is piped air for power tools as well. I also like ther instructors who are very knowledgeable and the class size is about 20 so you get to really know your instructors. The campus has a library, computerlab, recreation and a cafeteria.

My classmates come from different cultures and work together as a team.

As a high school senior I was already attending college as a full time student at Johnson & Wales University. I was in the access program. If I could go back in time to my senior year, I would ask myself the question "How fast are you willing to grow up?" When I attended Johnson & Wales University my senior year, I learned many things very quickly. Some things I was ready for, some things I wasn't. I moved into the dorms on campus and lived with people who were all at least one year older than I was. In the beginning, I didn't realize how much that woud change me. If I went back in time, I would ask myself if I was really prepared for college. I would ask myself if I was really ready to be an adult and become fully %100 responsible for my education. If I had asked myself that question then, I might not have chosen to give up senior prom for finals, or graduation rehearsal for work. In the end, my advice to my high school senior self would be to enjoy your youth and not be in a hurry to grow up.

Caitlin

My classmates are mostly older than recent high school grads who have children or full time jobs and are looking to further their education or take classes in a smaller environment and cheaper than a normal university.

The first thing I would tell myself if I went back in time to senior year of high school is to do all my school work and try my hardest. Most high school seniors take the easiest classes and don't do all their homework because their thinking that it doesn't matter because I'm graduating in a couple months anyways. They don't understand that they still receive grades for all their work and this shows in their GPA at the end of the year. The classes they take in their senior year should also be classes that are important and not just the easiest classes they can take. Colleges do look at the classes you've taken so take something that reflects nicely to a prospect college. I would also tell myself to volunteer to a cause that is important to me. When college comes along, you lose time to volunteer because of class work, projects, meeting new people, and probably working to earn money. High school is the best time to spend giving back to people. Also, saving money is important at this time as well.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is the high school grad who wants the big campus atmosphere, the dorm life, and the large classes with over 30 people in a class.

Hildegarde

Front Range Community College is a diverse college that gives the students a lot of opportunities to find what their career path should be.

Heidi, you know that this is going to be challenging and one of the most difficult things you are going to do in your life, but it is worth it! Don't give up on your dream! You will make an excellent trainer and have plenty of opportunities to try different venues for your love of public speaking. I urge you to join Toastmasters and to stay in college no matter what happens! There is a lot of support out there for you, just ask for help! Don't think that just because you are 18 you have to do it all on your own, no one can get through life as an island, trust that others will help you achieve your goals. Utilize the resources that you have available to you, and most of all "never, never, never, never quit!"

A person who is not serious about their education should not attend Front Range Community College.

Lara

The classes are small so you get great teacher/student interaction.

The classes are small so you get great teacher/student interaction.

College takes up a short time in your life. Savor it while you can. Enjoy the social life, live it up with your friends because these are the ones that will make the greatest impact on your life and stay with you forever no matter where you go. Work hard on your studies because once you are done you are on your own. Question your peers, professors and yourself, that is how you expand your mind. Don't take yourself so seriously, things never go the way you planned but it is still going and you still have people around you who love and support you and will help you through everything!

The best thing is that my school tries really hard to accommodate everyone. I am a new mom and the professors and advisors have been very supportive and helpful in getting me through school.

Front Range Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.