Westminster, CO
Front Range Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Front Range Community College

Sophia

Taking less expensive courses to transfer to a 4-year college.

Taking less expensive courses to transfer to a 4-year college.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to slow down and figure out what I really want. I would tell myself to take the advice of other people, but to ultimately trust myself and listen to my own instincts. I would tell myself to put my pride aside and ask for help, and to apply for those scholarships!! I would tell myself that relationships can be wonderful but to keep in mind that they should not be the determining factors in my life decisions. If they matter that much or if they are truly right, then they will fit into your plans. I'd tell myself to use my spare time to get involved or start something, instead of sitting on the couch or making excuses. And most of all, I'd tell myself to breathe, to enjoy my youth, and to live every day to the fullest because it will never be the same.

Students who want to save money but still earn credits in order to transfer to a 4 year school, or for returning students who want supplemental education.

Don't make that first cut. If I could relive that dismal, snowy day - January 6, 2010 - I would stand by my former self, kneel in front of her and pry the cold steel out of her numbed fingers. I would look her in the eyes and tell her of the pain this would cause the people who care the most about her. Falling for a friend from high school, this person that you convince yourself you belong with and whom you want so badly. The pain and devastation he will cause you is immeasurable. Look at your arms now and what you have done. No one is worth the anguish you feel. Step away. Walk away from the edge, stop looking down. Your future is better than this. I know you don't see it now, but five years from now you still won't have a degree. You will be searching for meaning and rebuilding yourself from this damage. Finish what you start. Never give up on your hopes and dreams just because they are challenging. You are strong; you are capable; you are beautiful. Stick with your passions. And promise me that you will never give up.

One downside of Front Range is the lack of ambition of students who appear for a few classes, then give up on the program or withdraw from school. Higher student morale would be a goal to continue working toward, as would encouraging students to remain dedicated to their chosen educational and career pathways. To not give up and remain firm on goals, dreams and aspirations; to finish what they start and follow through to the end.

Students and young adults who are interested in furthering their education in a variety of topic areas should consider attending Front Range. Classes and courses are diverse, tailored to specific degree areas, and are featured in Gateway guaranteed credit transfer programs. The school is regionally accredited, so transfer to a 4-year university within the state can be guaranteed. Class times are flexible, including online degree programs. Students of any age, background, regardless of prior education can benefit from attending Front Range.

Laura

My classmates are ethnically diverse, range in age from 16 to 50, have many different backgrounds and are pursuing a large variety of unique degrees and carrers: if I could describe them in one word, it would be diverse.

Looking at you in hindsight, I see a dedicated and determined girl who desperately wants to be somebody but who is finding difficulty in just being who she is. A trip to Washington D.C. without your parents to compete as a finalist in the National History Day Competition is actually more frightening than exciting. But there's only one way to break the wall of fear, and it has to come from within. That competition you're thinking about - do it. So what if you're ashamed of your cheap instrument and how awful you sound on it. Boldness won't come without practice. Don't worry about what they think - you're playing for the joy of it, and someday maybe that new violin will come. Until then, let music be exciting. Work hard, push yourself and love the life you've been given. Stop and think just for a moment about what your parents, ambitious younger sister, older brothers and even your teachers have told you more than once: "You're eighteen - live a little! Life is the dress rehearsal and the concert wrapped up in one world-premire of yourself." And there's only one performance.

Front Range Community College is a wonderful choice for students returning to college, seeking to change their carrer. It also provides a great way to fulfill prerequisites for anyone interested in getting a four-year degree at some other college. If you're not one of these people, or if you can afford all four years of a university, this college is not for you.

Jillian

Compared to the other Front Range campuses, the Boulder County campus has friendlier staff and students, better equipment, and more helpful services.

1) Don't let people look down on you just because you're going to community college. Embrace your decision, because it's a lot smarter than what some of your classmates are doing. You'll even see some of them transfer from a university to FRCC! So don't get caught up in the hype of going to a university right out of high school. 2) Use this time wisely. Get the necessary credits out of the way as soon as you can. Look at other universities and programs to see what classes you can take at Front Range that will transfer. 3) Don't overwork yourself. By itself, eighteen credit hours seems manageable. However, you also work and would like to save that little piece of time you put aside for a social life instead of homework. 4) QUIT PROCRASTINATING! Seriously. It will be your downfall. 5) Hang in there, kid. You're moving on to bigger and better things after this, just you wait.

The worst thing about my school (Front Range Community College: Boulder County Campus) is finding the right classroom. It's a bit of a maze for new students, so carry a campus map that has your classrooms highlighted so you can find them easily.

Kaeley

The incredible, talented, hard-working, get up at the crack of dawn type students in my class will always be people I will cherish forever in this life of mine as they helped shape me into the well-behaved, hard-working, humorous, intelligent person I am, and it is all thanks to my wonderful country classmates!

"I graduated with 8 other kids. My senior class was 9 students. My highschool building was also connected with the Elementary/Jr High building. When I graduated in 2012, there were 87 students in my school, K-12th grade." The look on people's faces when they here those numbers is worth it. I then brag about how incredible it was to have such a close relationship with my classmates and my teachers. Everyone knew everybody, and most generally, everyone got along very well. I am very proud to brag that I graduated from such a small rural school!

JENNIFER

Front Range Community College is a welcoming, easily adaptable environment.

Front Range Community College is a welcoming, easily adaptable environment.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself of the importance of going to college directly after high school graduation. I would tell myself to fight through the struggles of being a young single parent, because I would have been a better example to my own children. I would tell myself that starting over again at the age of 39 is way more difficult, and intimidating. I would tell myself that I could do anything I set my mind to, and that there are people to help students like me struggling financially raising a daughter on my own. I have made some seriously terrible choices in my life, but I learned through those decisions, fighting through difficulties, teaches amazing things. I am a stronger person because of those struggles. I believe had I fought through college at a younger age, it would have prevented some of the other choices I made. I would recommend to my younger self, ask for help. Tell people you your needs are not being met and find other ways to meet them, besides giving up. Never give up.

I think that Front Range caters to everybody, from the person starting over at 40, to the high school student.

Gina

The advice I would give myself is to pick a career I would enjoy working in but also make sure it pays well and has room for advancement. I originally picked a career I enjoyed, but it however did not pay well and had limited advancement. Due to the lack of finances I had to work two jobs and I did not stay in my chosen field for long. When the opportunity to take a higher paying job presented itself I took it and changed careers. However it was not a job I enjoyed. Now I am back in college and I have a second chance to pick a career I enjoy and one that pays well.

Anne

Keep up with your friends from high school, and make sure to have an activity outside of school that is important to you. You may think you will be too busy, but having more on your plate will actually force you to have better time management. Also, make it a point to remind yourself of what you hope to accomplish with your degree. It's great to have the "college experience" and enjoy learning for learning's sake, but don't become discouraged when college doesn't measure up to those expectations because they aren't why you're there.

The professors are very helpful.

Someone who has the time and money to go to a school with a better academic reputation.

Tim

There are no on-campus housing facilities. The college is easy to get to, by either driving, bussing or biking. It is a newer facility.

I would tell myself, " Make sure you know what you want to do with your life before making any decisions about which school you want to go to. Research other educational opportunities before deciding on any school. For example, could you do better by taking a correspondance course or going to a vocational/trade school, rather than a two or four-year institution. Would the military help prepare you for what you want out of life and any future education you have planned in the future? And save money for school because it can get expensive and you have to retake courses."

Alexander

To be able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior would have been very beneficial in the transition of high school to college. I would tell myself to apply for every scholarship available. I would also tell myself to enjoy my senior year. I spent the majority of my senior year stressing out about things that I could not control. I could have enjoyed my last year of high school a great deal more and still ended up where I am now.

Front Range Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.