Westminster, CO
Front Range Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Front Range Community College

Cecilia

There is a wide variety of students at FRCC. Many students from foreign countries as well as various states. The variety of languages spoken here is pretty impressive for not being in a big city where it's more cosmopolitan. There are various religious faiths and the poor to the very wealthy attend at FRCC. I have had great experiences with all the students I have socialized and studied with. It is a very relaxed and friendly environment. Most students as well as myself dress casually, no need to have any special attire, although I have seen some students dress for success. Being a community college many students appreciate paying less for their education, and FRCC gives that opportunity for those of us who need all the help we can get to pay for school. I would say that the majority of the students are not wealthy but survive by working and going to school. I feel the students are very friendly and always willing to help, participate and socialize

I have only encountered a stereotype once this semester and that was someone asking me if I worked here to clean the bathroom. I don't know what brought this on, but I believe a soft answer turns away anger.

The only group I am aware of at this time is LULAC, I know their are more but I just started this semester and have not been made aware of more groups.

Front Range Community College is a great school that offers several opportunities to further my education. The instructors and staff are well equipped with the knowledge and life experience to lead students to their designated and desired degrees. It is refreshing to go to class and learn so much and feel so good about comprehending what you’re going to class for. Advisers make much effort to get students on the right track and encourage students to pursue higher learning. My favorite classes have been American Sign Language. The instructor is very knowledgeable of what it takes to be an excellent interpreter and goes above and beyond to help students learn. Our class participation is high, students show up with work in hand. It's good to see students enthusiastic about their studies. I am interested in perusing a degree as an interpreter and Art major. I am an older adult who is reinventing myself and perusing the education I could not do when I was younger. It's great to be part of the Arts program and go to concerts, plays and opera's where the teacher is actually performing, or holding a tutoring session. Such as practicing sign language at a coffee shop or restaurant.

Stacy

Dear 18 year-old Stacy, I wish I could tell you that college is THE singular most imporant thing you need to focus on right now. Remember when you were a little girl and you spent all your summers watching earth nature documentaries and spent hours in the library reading Paleontology books meant for grown-ups? Even photocopying articles? There was a reason for that, YOU were meant to study paleontology, meant to help in the discovery of Earth's past. But, life changed, you became distracted when you went to school at 18, we had some drama, and you didn't finish. And 15 years later, you regret it. At 32 you will know what you want to do with your life and hope it isn't too late to persue the dream you always knew you had. You need to do more research, apply for the right financial aid, delve deeper into doing research on what classes to take, what advisors to talk to, and be more proactive at seeking out guidance. One day you will know what you want to do and I will do what it takes to achieve it.

Anna

Front Range Community College is one large melting pot of craziness and busyness.

My advice to my high school self would be to research jobs before you decide so you aren't changing your mind a few times because you didn't know there was so many options you could choose from. I would also tell myself to take the time to study and really learn the material instead of just trying to get by, and to remember to always breathe. College is only one part of your life, it makes no sense to get yourself all stressed out for no reason.

Abbie

Front Range is the perfect size, small enough that everyone really cares about each other and takes the time to get to know you, but big enough to let you have your own space and everyone does not know your business and you can still see someone you have never seen before in the halls. Some times universities are too big to make you feel like you care, and some universities are too small and everyone knows everything about everyone else. Front Range is also very into the community outreach and I love that about it.

I would tell myself that everything is going to be okay. That I do not need to stress so much over money and completely freak out over the thought of college. I would tell myself to try harder on the ACT, make more memorable friends, have a good time, and take college course at highschool. But mostly I would emphazie that going to a community college is not a dumb, or silly thing to do. It has been the best decision I have ever made. I have loved every minute of my experience here ane the people I have met are amazing. I got a job on campus and it continues to amaze me how caring and loving all the people I work with are and I would tell anyone anywhere that community college is the way to go. I would tell high school senior self that everything is going to be okay and that no matter what nothing is ever as bad as I make it out to be and that community college will be the best decison I ever make.

I think the worst thing about Front Range is probably the fact that when time is crunched and it is registration time the advisors do not have much time to really meet and advise you. When there are 50 plus students waiting to be helped the advising department has to hurry things around and in that situation I think students start to lose their worth and it seems like we are a waist of their time type of things.

Sophia

Taking less expensive courses to transfer to a 4-year college.

Taking less expensive courses to transfer to a 4-year college.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to slow down and figure out what I really want. I would tell myself to take the advice of other people, but to ultimately trust myself and listen to my own instincts. I would tell myself to put my pride aside and ask for help, and to apply for those scholarships!! I would tell myself that relationships can be wonderful but to keep in mind that they should not be the determining factors in my life decisions. If they matter that much or if they are truly right, then they will fit into your plans. I'd tell myself to use my spare time to get involved or start something, instead of sitting on the couch or making excuses. And most of all, I'd tell myself to breathe, to enjoy my youth, and to live every day to the fullest because it will never be the same.

Students who want to save money but still earn credits in order to transfer to a 4 year school, or for returning students who want supplemental education.

Don't make that first cut. If I could relive that dismal, snowy day - January 6, 2010 - I would stand by my former self, kneel in front of her and pry the cold steel out of her numbed fingers. I would look her in the eyes and tell her of the pain this would cause the people who care the most about her. Falling for a friend from high school, this person that you convince yourself you belong with and whom you want so badly. The pain and devastation he will cause you is immeasurable. Look at your arms now and what you have done. No one is worth the anguish you feel. Step away. Walk away from the edge, stop looking down. Your future is better than this. I know you don't see it now, but five years from now you still won't have a degree. You will be searching for meaning and rebuilding yourself from this damage. Finish what you start. Never give up on your hopes and dreams just because they are challenging. You are strong; you are capable; you are beautiful. Stick with your passions. And promise me that you will never give up.

One downside of Front Range is the lack of ambition of students who appear for a few classes, then give up on the program or withdraw from school. Higher student morale would be a goal to continue working toward, as would encouraging students to remain dedicated to their chosen educational and career pathways. To not give up and remain firm on goals, dreams and aspirations; to finish what they start and follow through to the end.

Students and young adults who are interested in furthering their education in a variety of topic areas should consider attending Front Range. Classes and courses are diverse, tailored to specific degree areas, and are featured in Gateway guaranteed credit transfer programs. The school is regionally accredited, so transfer to a 4-year university within the state can be guaranteed. Class times are flexible, including online degree programs. Students of any age, background, regardless of prior education can benefit from attending Front Range.

Laura

My classmates are ethnically diverse, range in age from 16 to 50, have many different backgrounds and are pursuing a large variety of unique degrees and carrers: if I could describe them in one word, it would be diverse.

Looking at you in hindsight, I see a dedicated and determined girl who desperately wants to be somebody but who is finding difficulty in just being who she is. A trip to Washington D.C. without your parents to compete as a finalist in the National History Day Competition is actually more frightening than exciting. But there's only one way to break the wall of fear, and it has to come from within. That competition you're thinking about - do it. So what if you're ashamed of your cheap instrument and how awful you sound on it. Boldness won't come without practice. Don't worry about what they think - you're playing for the joy of it, and someday maybe that new violin will come. Until then, let music be exciting. Work hard, push yourself and love the life you've been given. Stop and think just for a moment about what your parents, ambitious younger sister, older brothers and even your teachers have told you more than once: "You're eighteen - live a little! Life is the dress rehearsal and the concert wrapped up in one world-premire of yourself." And there's only one performance.

Front Range Community College is a wonderful choice for students returning to college, seeking to change their carrer. It also provides a great way to fulfill prerequisites for anyone interested in getting a four-year degree at some other college. If you're not one of these people, or if you can afford all four years of a university, this college is not for you.

Jillian

Compared to the other Front Range campuses, the Boulder County campus has friendlier staff and students, better equipment, and more helpful services.

1) Don't let people look down on you just because you're going to community college. Embrace your decision, because it's a lot smarter than what some of your classmates are doing. You'll even see some of them transfer from a university to FRCC! So don't get caught up in the hype of going to a university right out of high school. 2) Use this time wisely. Get the necessary credits out of the way as soon as you can. Look at other universities and programs to see what classes you can take at Front Range that will transfer. 3) Don't overwork yourself. By itself, eighteen credit hours seems manageable. However, you also work and would like to save that little piece of time you put aside for a social life instead of homework. 4) QUIT PROCRASTINATING! Seriously. It will be your downfall. 5) Hang in there, kid. You're moving on to bigger and better things after this, just you wait.

The worst thing about my school (Front Range Community College: Boulder County Campus) is finding the right classroom. It's a bit of a maze for new students, so carry a campus map that has your classrooms highlighted so you can find them easily.

Kaeley

The incredible, talented, hard-working, get up at the crack of dawn type students in my class will always be people I will cherish forever in this life of mine as they helped shape me into the well-behaved, hard-working, humorous, intelligent person I am, and it is all thanks to my wonderful country classmates!

"I graduated with 8 other kids. My senior class was 9 students. My highschool building was also connected with the Elementary/Jr High building. When I graduated in 2012, there were 87 students in my school, K-12th grade." The look on people's faces when they here those numbers is worth it. I then brag about how incredible it was to have such a close relationship with my classmates and my teachers. Everyone knew everybody, and most generally, everyone got along very well. I am very proud to brag that I graduated from such a small rural school!

JENNIFER

Front Range Community College is a welcoming, easily adaptable environment.

Front Range Community College is a welcoming, easily adaptable environment.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself of the importance of going to college directly after high school graduation. I would tell myself to fight through the struggles of being a young single parent, because I would have been a better example to my own children. I would tell myself that starting over again at the age of 39 is way more difficult, and intimidating. I would tell myself that I could do anything I set my mind to, and that there are people to help students like me struggling financially raising a daughter on my own. I have made some seriously terrible choices in my life, but I learned through those decisions, fighting through difficulties, teaches amazing things. I am a stronger person because of those struggles. I believe had I fought through college at a younger age, it would have prevented some of the other choices I made. I would recommend to my younger self, ask for help. Tell people you your needs are not being met and find other ways to meet them, besides giving up. Never give up.

I think that Front Range caters to everybody, from the person starting over at 40, to the high school student.

Front Range Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.