Westminster, CO
Front Range Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Front Range Community College

Kaeley

The incredible, talented, hard-working, get up at the crack of dawn type students in my class will always be people I will cherish forever in this life of mine as they helped shape me into the well-behaved, hard-working, humorous, intelligent person I am, and it is all thanks to my wonderful country classmates!

"I graduated with 8 other kids. My senior class was 9 students. My highschool building was also connected with the Elementary/Jr High building. When I graduated in 2012, there were 87 students in my school, K-12th grade." The look on people's faces when they here those numbers is worth it. I then brag about how incredible it was to have such a close relationship with my classmates and my teachers. Everyone knew everybody, and most generally, everyone got along very well. I am very proud to brag that I graduated from such a small rural school!

JENNIFER

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself of the importance of going to college directly after high school graduation. I would tell myself to fight through the struggles of being a young single parent, because I would have been a better example to my own children. I would tell myself that starting over again at the age of 39 is way more difficult, and intimidating. I would tell myself that I could do anything I set my mind to, and that there are people to help students like me struggling financially raising a daughter on my own. I have made some seriously terrible choices in my life, but I learned through those decisions, fighting through difficulties, teaches amazing things. I am a stronger person because of those struggles. I believe had I fought through college at a younger age, it would have prevented some of the other choices I made. I would recommend to my younger self, ask for help. Tell people you your needs are not being met and find other ways to meet them, besides giving up. Never give up.

Front Range Community College is a welcoming, easily adaptable environment.

I think that Front Range caters to everybody, from the person starting over at 40, to the high school student.

Gina

The advice I would give myself is to pick a career I would enjoy working in but also make sure it pays well and has room for advancement. I originally picked a career I enjoyed, but it however did not pay well and had limited advancement. Due to the lack of finances I had to work two jobs and I did not stay in my chosen field for long. When the opportunity to take a higher paying job presented itself I took it and changed careers. However it was not a job I enjoyed. Now I am back in college and I have a second chance to pick a career I enjoy and one that pays well.

Anne

Keep up with your friends from high school, and make sure to have an activity outside of school that is important to you. You may think you will be too busy, but having more on your plate will actually force you to have better time management. Also, make it a point to remind yourself of what you hope to accomplish with your degree. It's great to have the "college experience" and enjoy learning for learning's sake, but don't become discouraged when college doesn't measure up to those expectations because they aren't why you're there.

The professors are very helpful.

Someone who has the time and money to go to a school with a better academic reputation.

Tim

There are no on-campus housing facilities. The college is easy to get to, by either driving, bussing or biking. It is a newer facility.

I would tell myself, " Make sure you know what you want to do with your life before making any decisions about which school you want to go to. Research other educational opportunities before deciding on any school. For example, could you do better by taking a correspondance course or going to a vocational/trade school, rather than a two or four-year institution. Would the military help prepare you for what you want out of life and any future education you have planned in the future? And save money for school because it can get expensive and you have to retake courses."

Alexander

To be able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior would have been very beneficial in the transition of high school to college. I would tell myself to apply for every scholarship available. I would also tell myself to enjoy my senior year. I spent the majority of my senior year stressing out about things that I could not control. I could have enjoyed my last year of high school a great deal more and still ended up where I am now.

Giselle

Enjoy and have fun during my senior year. I was all about school and staying home, while my friends were going to football games, homecoming dances, and other exictments that they will create the moments of their lives. To be honest, During second semester I was my emotions came on to me very bad that I had to miss school for the whole entire week going from a straight A student from first semester to dropping down to a B- or C student. My goal was to be 4.0 graduate, but instead I was a 3.8 graduate student.

I brag about my friends about school that it is so hard to study and foucus also not get distracted while I am at home. another thing is not understanding the material, when you have a tutor that I needs most almost everyday. Sometimes my family members or even friends help me in my homework or some will just make an exuses, which kinda feels that they do not want to help me at all. I have to do it on my own and try my best thats all I can do.

Sonya

If i could go back in time to myself as a senior in high school i would tell myself if about the up coming lottery ticket winner, trust me i was there. Then about the next year to come. It's going to be tough no matter what, but don't over load yourself. You've got alot of support from mom and dad and grandma and there's no need to be so afraid. Maybe spend a little more time studying, and make sure not to take certian teachers. Try becoming a tutor and talk to more people. I know you, you spend alot of time in your circle and forget the rest. That time is over, so work smart and remember theres a world waiting for you to change it.

Molly

Linked with the other community colleges in Colorado online, with some very capable professors and a broad spectrum of classes, pitched toward transferring to a four-year institution but boasting an encouraging percentage of associate graduates, this is one of the best community colleges I have encountered, and the online option opens so many opportunities and impressively qualified professors that it should never be dismissed by any Front Range students as a way to pursue an education there.

Because all my classes have been online, I have been privileged to encounter a number of people that would not have been able to attend on-site classes, which has opened my eyes not only to the amazing diversity of the student body but also, because online discussions tend to be a bit less guarded, to a deeper insight into a whole new world of ideas and understanding.

Do not--absolutely do not--major in a field just because someone expects it. Sure, there will be the required core classes, but they will be easy to overcome if your major stirs your heart, so set your primary focus on that major. Pick the classes, the school and the professors that make you smile, that excite you, that make you dream. Those pesky core classes will take care of themselves, but you will need real passion to keep you going all the way to graduation and beyond, the same passion that has sustained and nourished you before college. Do what you love, work hard to stay in your field, and a whole new world will open to you.

Valerie

Dear Valerie, You may think that this sounds crazy, but I am writing to you from the future. Right now, you are about to enter into your senior year at high school. This year will bring fun, laughter, and excitement, but it may also bring some pain and sadness. But even through the hard times, you will grow like you won't believe. So just push on, and keep trusting in God with all your heart. This year, don't worry about popularity, clicks, or boys. Because the second you graduate, those things all fly out the window. Instead, worry about college. You may think you have it figured out, but you don't. Your life is going to be twisted like you have never imagined. So take on those extra-credit opportunities. And most importantly, start applying for scholarships. Because school costs a lot of money, and you won't be able to go to your dream school without these scholarships. I hope you keep all of this in mind as you travel through this important year of life. Have fun, but be responsible. - College Valerie

I love that Front Range is nearby, and completely affordable. I am getting a solid education, and Front Range is preparing me well to transfer to a four-year college.

The students that are going there don't seem to care about their education. Some do, but I never seem to find anybody near to me that does. It's sad, because I want to go to school to learn, but when people around me do not have the same intentions, it makes it hard for me to get everything that I want to get out of my education experience.

Front Range Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.