Front Range Community College Top Questions

Stacy

Dear 18 year-old Stacy, I wish I could tell you that college is THE singular most imporant thing you need to focus on right now. Remember when you were a little girl and you spent all your summers watching earth nature documentaries and spent hours in the library reading Paleontology books meant for grown-ups? Even photocopying articles? There was a reason for that, YOU were meant to study paleontology, meant to help in the discovery of Earth's past. But, life changed, you became distracted when you went to school at 18, we had some drama, and you didn't finish. And 15 years later, you regret it. At 32 you will know what you want to do with your life and hope it isn't too late to persue the dream you always knew you had. You need to do more research, apply for the right financial aid, delve deeper into doing research on what classes to take, what advisors to talk to, and be more proactive at seeking out guidance. One day you will know what you want to do and I will do what it takes to achieve it.

Anna

My advice to my high school self would be to research jobs before you decide so you aren't changing your mind a few times because you didn't know there was so many options you could choose from. I would also tell myself to take the time to study and really learn the material instead of just trying to get by, and to remember to always breathe. College is only one part of your life, it makes no sense to get yourself all stressed out for no reason.

Abbie

I would tell myself that everything is going to be okay. That I do not need to stress so much over money and completely freak out over the thought of college. I would tell myself to try harder on the ACT, make more memorable friends, have a good time, and take college course at highschool. But mostly I would emphazie that going to a community college is not a dumb, or silly thing to do. It has been the best decision I have ever made. I have loved every minute of my experience here ane the people I have met are amazing. I got a job on campus and it continues to amaze me how caring and loving all the people I work with are and I would tell anyone anywhere that community college is the way to go. I would tell high school senior self that everything is going to be okay and that no matter what nothing is ever as bad as I make it out to be and that community college will be the best decison I ever make.

Sophia

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to slow down and figure out what I really want. I would tell myself to take the advice of other people, but to ultimately trust myself and listen to my own instincts. I would tell myself to put my pride aside and ask for help, and to apply for those scholarships!! I would tell myself that relationships can be wonderful but to keep in mind that they should not be the determining factors in my life decisions. If they matter that much or if they are truly right, then they will fit into your plans. I'd tell myself to use my spare time to get involved or start something, instead of sitting on the couch or making excuses. And most of all, I'd tell myself to breathe, to enjoy my youth, and to live every day to the fullest because it will never be the same.

Don't make that first cut. If I could relive that dismal, snowy day - January 6, 2010 - I would stand by my former self, kneel in front of her and pry the cold steel out of her numbed fingers. I would look her in the eyes and tell her of the pain this would cause the people who care the most about her. Falling for a friend from high school, this person that you convince yourself you belong with and whom you want so badly. The pain and devastation he will cause you is immeasurable. Look at your arms now and what you have done. No one is worth the anguish you feel. Step away. Walk away from the edge, stop looking down. Your future is better than this. I know you don't see it now, but five years from now you still won't have a degree. You will be searching for meaning and rebuilding yourself from this damage. Finish what you start. Never give up on your hopes and dreams just because they are challenging. You are strong; you are capable; you are beautiful. Stick with your passions. And promise me that you will never give up.

Laura

Looking at you in hindsight, I see a dedicated and determined girl who desperately wants to be somebody but who is finding difficulty in just being who she is. A trip to Washington D.C. without your parents to compete as a finalist in the National History Day Competition is actually more frightening than exciting. But there's only one way to break the wall of fear, and it has to come from within. That competition you're thinking about - do it. So what if you're ashamed of your cheap instrument and how awful you sound on it. Boldness won't come without practice. Don't worry about what they think - you're playing for the joy of it, and someday maybe that new violin will come. Until then, let music be exciting. Work hard, push yourself and love the life you've been given. Stop and think just for a moment about what your parents, ambitious younger sister, older brothers and even your teachers have told you more than once: "You're eighteen - live a little! Life is the dress rehearsal and the concert wrapped up in one world-premire of yourself." And there's only one performance.

Jillian

1) Don't let people look down on you just because you're going to community college. Embrace your decision, because it's a lot smarter than what some of your classmates are doing. You'll even see some of them transfer from a university to FRCC! So don't get caught up in the hype of going to a university right out of high school. 2) Use this time wisely. Get the necessary credits out of the way as soon as you can. Look at other universities and programs to see what classes you can take at Front Range that will transfer. 3) Don't overwork yourself. By itself, eighteen credit hours seems manageable. However, you also work and would like to save that little piece of time you put aside for a social life instead of homework. 4) QUIT PROCRASTINATING! Seriously. It will be your downfall. 5) Hang in there, kid. You're moving on to bigger and better things after this, just you wait.

JENNIFER

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself of the importance of going to college directly after high school graduation. I would tell myself to fight through the struggles of being a young single parent, because I would have been a better example to my own children. I would tell myself that starting over again at the age of 39 is way more difficult, and intimidating. I would tell myself that I could do anything I set my mind to, and that there are people to help students like me struggling financially raising a daughter on my own. I have made some seriously terrible choices in my life, but I learned through those decisions, fighting through difficulties, teaches amazing things. I am a stronger person because of those struggles. I believe had I fought through college at a younger age, it would have prevented some of the other choices I made. I would recommend to my younger self, ask for help. Tell people you your needs are not being met and find other ways to meet them, besides giving up. Never give up.

Gina

The advice I would give myself is to pick a career I would enjoy working in but also make sure it pays well and has room for advancement. I originally picked a career I enjoyed, but it however did not pay well and had limited advancement. Due to the lack of finances I had to work two jobs and I did not stay in my chosen field for long. When the opportunity to take a higher paying job presented itself I took it and changed careers. However it was not a job I enjoyed. Now I am back in college and I have a second chance to pick a career I enjoy and one that pays well.

Anne

Keep up with your friends from high school, and make sure to have an activity outside of school that is important to you. You may think you will be too busy, but having more on your plate will actually force you to have better time management. Also, make it a point to remind yourself of what you hope to accomplish with your degree. It's great to have the "college experience" and enjoy learning for learning's sake, but don't become discouraged when college doesn't measure up to those expectations because they aren't why you're there.

Tim

I would tell myself, " Make sure you know what you want to do with your life before making any decisions about which school you want to go to. Research other educational opportunities before deciding on any school. For example, could you do better by taking a correspondance course or going to a vocational/trade school, rather than a two or four-year institution. Would the military help prepare you for what you want out of life and any future education you have planned in the future? And save money for school because it can get expensive and you have to retake courses."

Alexander

To be able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior would have been very beneficial in the transition of high school to college. I would tell myself to apply for every scholarship available. I would also tell myself to enjoy my senior year. I spent the majority of my senior year stressing out about things that I could not control. I could have enjoyed my last year of high school a great deal more and still ended up where I am now.

Sonya

If i could go back in time to myself as a senior in high school i would tell myself if about the up coming lottery ticket winner, trust me i was there. Then about the next year to come. It's going to be tough no matter what, but don't over load yourself. You've got alot of support from mom and dad and grandma and there's no need to be so afraid. Maybe spend a little more time studying, and make sure not to take certian teachers. Try becoming a tutor and talk to more people. I know you, you spend alot of time in your circle and forget the rest. That time is over, so work smart and remember theres a world waiting for you to change it.

Molly

Do not--absolutely do not--major in a field just because someone expects it. Sure, there will be the required core classes, but they will be easy to overcome if your major stirs your heart, so set your primary focus on that major. Pick the classes, the school and the professors that make you smile, that excite you, that make you dream. Those pesky core classes will take care of themselves, but you will need real passion to keep you going all the way to graduation and beyond, the same passion that has sustained and nourished you before college. Do what you love, work hard to stay in your field, and a whole new world will open to you.

Valerie

Dear Valerie, You may think that this sounds crazy, but I am writing to you from the future. Right now, you are about to enter into your senior year at high school. This year will bring fun, laughter, and excitement, but it may also bring some pain and sadness. But even through the hard times, you will grow like you won't believe. So just push on, and keep trusting in God with all your heart. This year, don't worry about popularity, clicks, or boys. Because the second you graduate, those things all fly out the window. Instead, worry about college. You may think you have it figured out, but you don't. Your life is going to be twisted like you have never imagined. So take on those extra-credit opportunities. And most importantly, start applying for scholarships. Because school costs a lot of money, and you won't be able to go to your dream school without these scholarships. I hope you keep all of this in mind as you travel through this important year of life. Have fun, but be responsible. - College Valerie

Shasta

I have actually had an opportunity to remember how to write essays and renew my business math skills. I have only been back to school for 2 months and my communication has improved.

Jen

If I could go back and give myself advice on what I know today about college. I would have to say it was the most important time of my life. It was a time of great challenge and rewards. Yes it was fun and exciting but most important was the knowledge I obtained both on an educational level and self-awareness level. I was not extremely focused when I started college. I thought that it would be a fun ride. I did not realize how much effort it would take to be successful at college. My advice would be to use your time wisely, learn great study habits, and make education your first priority. Then after those objectives are achieved and balanced, you can add excitement and extracurricular activities. That doesn?t mean not having fun with friends or study all the time but it does mean set the correct priorities first. Once you have balance both education and extracurricular evenly then you can be very successful in your education and do both very well.

Shaeanne

I would change my life if I could go back and talk to myself in my senior year of High School. I would tell myself to make sure I have all the financing I need for the school I got into, before I rule out any alternatives. I would also tell myself to not wait around for the financing before going to school at all. I would remind myself you don't want to be 22 in your freshman year of college, as I am now. I wouldn't wait for money for my life to start.

Laili

The first thing I would tell myself is, don't freak out!! it's not as bad as people make it seem. The next thing I would tell myself would be "make sure you have everything taken care of". How are you going to pay for school? What classes do you need to take? All these things are very important, and would have been very helpful to know when starting the college life. I would also tell myself, "make sure this is what you REALLY want to do, do not do this only because of what society tells you to do. Make sure that going straight to college is a good idea before you actually go." No one ever told me that and I wish I would have gone and travled the world before getting caught up in school.

Justine

Self, first do it right the first time so you dont have to do it later. Self, second commit and research what it is you really want to do with your life and the road its going to take to get there. I have learned that without this you may find your going back to find yourself ,when, if you would have done this before hand you would be a lot farther along 4 years later, than just starting. Self, do you and only you right out of highschool dont get caught up in all the things you want to do that you couldnt at home there is plenty of time for that. To get anywhere in life you need to show the world you have finished what you started, you are willing to jump hurtles to get where you wanted, and dedication to follow through.

Marissa

Time travel back to 2003. Wow, what a difference seven years makes. I was a young innocent little girl with bright ideas for the future. I was headed to University of Northern Colorado to become a Secondary Math Teacher. Little did I know that I wouldn't even make it through the first semester. SO... if I could go back to 2003 and give myself advice I would tell myself not to loose my focus. Don't worry about what the other kids think about you. Don't let that cute guy with the nice smile distract you. Don't go to those off campus parties. DO go to class everyday. Do study hard. Do stay commited to your goal. The world can be a scary place if you loose sight of your goals and stray off the beaten path. If I had known that 7 years ago I would not be where I am today- a single mother of two with no college education, yet. I would have already finished my degree and happily be teaching somewhere. If only time travel were possible.

Lottie

If I could go back I'd tell my younger self, "Don't go to CU. Go to Front Range to start, since you don't know what you want to study."

Leighla

To go back in time to talk to myself about college would have saved me a lot of worrying. The first thing I would tell myself is to not be afraid of a new experience. College is intimidating but it is an experience not to miss out on. Find the excitement in meeting new people and learning new things. My second piece of advice is to is believe in yourself. When a class starts to get hard just remind yourself that you capable of learning anything you set your mind to. My last and most important piece of advice that I would tell myself is to keep my goals. Your major might change, your friends, and where you live too but always keep a clear goal of what you want in your life will get you successfully there. Know what your heart desires to not get lost along the way; because people will distract you from your path. Keep focused.

Kitzia

If I could go back in time and tell myself as a senior what I know now about college, the most important things I would say are relax, plan ahead, and get organized. First of all, senior year is full of stressfull situations and it makes things worse when everyone tells you how hard college is going to be. The truth is, it isn't. If you had a good system in highschool for getting your work done and managing your time wisely then you will do just fine in college as well. A big thing that you should keep track of is planing ahead. deadlines and important dates come very quickly so do everything like, applications, finanicial aid, buying books etc. sooner rather than later. Last, but probably most importantly, get organized. Aside from homework, you will have tons of important papers and contracts that you will need to keep safe so get some sort of file system or folders to keep everything in and know where it is for easy access. Also keep all of your passweords written down someplace safe because you will create lots of login accounts for school and it can get confusing. Good luck!

Trisha

If I went back into time to my senior year of high school, knowing what I know now about college and the transition I would give this advise to my classmates and myself. The biggest thing about college is not only making the grades but preparing early for college. What I mean by this is have a plan on where you want to attend, then once you have that figured out talk to your parent?s on filling out your fasfa.I would say that this is the most stressful thing about starting college is finding the funds to do it. This process can take several weeks so if you are ahead of the game it will cause less stress on you and your parent?s. I also would like to explain the transition from high school to college. It?s very different from high school, in college you have to have self discipline, cause your teacher are not going to hound you to do your work like they do in high school. Read the chapters assigned and take note during lecture. Also get to know your professor?s.

misty

I would tell myself to have commitment! To me commitment by choice is the strongest foundation that can be built. Learning how to follow things through to the end will create a sense of accomplishment and self worth. I also believe goal setting is paramount to a persons success. I would tell myself these things because now I know where being uncommited will get you. I would say that if you don't follow through now , in 15 years you will be struggling financially and working the same job that you don't enjoy anymore. Not only will you still be at the same job but you will not be making enough money to provide for the three wonderful children you will have. One day you will have to hold your baby and be worried about taking him to the doctor because you won't be able to afford insurance. Later when you finally realize that you can't keep struggling you will find the commitment but the cost is high...daycare, working, no vacation and so much time away from your kids. Make the the choice to be commited don't let life make it for you!

Nathan

If I could go back, I would tell myself, "Make good choices NOW. Turn your head up high and don't be prideful but be confident. The habits that you make for yourself will affect you every single day of your life and college is ten times harder than you imagine it. I know you are so ready to be out of here, out of high school altogether but I promise you that learning well now WILL benefit you in the end. I remember being you and thinking I knew what the future held for me and yet now I know that I may as well know nothing because the world will alter and I will alter with it. Never doubt yourself yet doubt everything because that is how you will learn. Trust in the eternal and question the current. Most important of all though, allow yourself to follow only what you know to be right."

This is a hard question for me because I became pregnant my senior year of high school. I don't think I would tell myself to not get pregnant because I love my daughter and I wouldn't change that. What I would tell myself is to remember that even though I became pregnant that doesn't mean I can't have fun. I would tell myself to remember to enjoy my senior year as much as I can because it only comes around once.

Tina

If I were to go back in time to when I was just in high school I would tell myself to get all the hard stuff done first once in college. I would tell my past self to start taking math classes first, and get all the biology out of the way. I would also tell myself that college isn?t so bad, its not hard, and it helps everyone get to the place they want to be. I would also say to start looking for scholarships for four year schools early. But I don?t regret the path I took, and the choices I?ve made in college, and I?m even thankful that I took so many art classes at first, but it still does make me wonder where I would be if I had done more math earlier.

Felicia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would have alot to say. I have learned so much in the past couple years and really should have taken school much more seriously. I had alot of family issues and no support growing up so it was very hard for me to focus in school. I would tell myself to stay strong and make sure I get good grades. Save money because your parents aren't going to help you. But I will always have my same mindset that I can do anything I set my mind too. That's why I am here today. I am succeeding and doing everything on my own. It will only make me more successful!

Nick

I for one may be considered to be different because I have known most of childhood that I want to be an Architect. Some people don't even know what they want to do leaving high school but I knew going into it. I would say that I would go back to tell myself to drop out get my GED and not waste that year I could be putting towards my life long goal of being an Architect. This isn't because I did poorly in High School; I had a 3.2 GPA and got a B in AP Calculus. I would do this because I feel everything I knew going into my senior year I could have done with going into a community college. Seeing as how I wanted to go to a community college before a university anyway, it would have only got me where I wanted to be a year sooner.

Kyle

Looking back I made so many mistakes as a high schooler, let alone a senior. I was on track to graduate, but I wasn't focused. I was too busy worried about what I was going to eat. If I had to give myself advice, it would be to stay strong. At that point in my life I began to hate the school I was at. My brother had already graduated and I was miserable. I would also tell past Kyle to not let other people determine what you do. And also to remember the importance of school. Once I found out I was ineligible to play baseball my world was over. That's when I completely backtracked. Past Kyle needed to know that baseball isn't everything. The main thing I would tell myself is to stay in school. I graduated almost six years ago and if I would have gone to school right away, I would have graduated. I would have told myself to just go to school and suck up whatever came at me. But what I learned was no regrets. I'm glad I took the journey. I woudn't be the person that I am.

Nathan

Probably the best advice I would give myself is that im attending college to further my education and not to party. For alot of kids college is the first time they have been on their own. It is ok to party on the weekends but they should try to keep it under control. Studying is very important to the success they have and if you spend to much time having fun your education can suffer. I think if they only want to party they should maybe think about taking a year off to get it out of their system. Then when they feel like they are ready to further their education they might have better success. I would also say they should choose a good enviroment to live in. A frat house might be alot of fun but it could affect their grades. If they stay in dorms with other people who are doing well in school it may help them out as well. Finally I would say that all colleges offer places to get additional help for free and that if you are struggling with class then it would be helpful to seek out additional help.

As a high school senior I was already attending college as a full time student at Johnson & Wales University. I was in the access program. If I could go back in time to my senior year, I would ask myself the question "How fast are you willing to grow up?" When I attended Johnson & Wales University my senior year, I learned many things very quickly. Some things I was ready for, some things I wasn't. I moved into the dorms on campus and lived with people who were all at least one year older than I was. In the beginning, I didn't realize how much that woud change me. If I went back in time, I would ask myself if I was really prepared for college. I would ask myself if I was really ready to be an adult and become fully {4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}100 responsible for my education. If I had asked myself that question then, I might not have chosen to give up senior prom for finals, or graduation rehearsal for work. In the end, my advice to my high school senior self would be to enjoy your youth and not be in a hurry to grow up.

Caitlin

The first thing I would tell myself if I went back in time to senior year of high school is to do all my school work and try my hardest. Most high school seniors take the easiest classes and don't do all their homework because their thinking that it doesn't matter because I'm graduating in a couple months anyways. They don't understand that they still receive grades for all their work and this shows in their GPA at the end of the year. The classes they take in their senior year should also be classes that are important and not just the easiest classes they can take. Colleges do look at the classes you've taken so take something that reflects nicely to a prospect college. I would also tell myself to volunteer to a cause that is important to me. When college comes along, you lose time to volunteer because of class work, projects, meeting new people, and probably working to earn money. High school is the best time to spend giving back to people. Also, saving money is important at this time as well.

Hildegarde

Heidi, you know that this is going to be challenging and one of the most difficult things you are going to do in your life, but it is worth it! Don't give up on your dream! You will make an excellent trainer and have plenty of opportunities to try different venues for your love of public speaking. I urge you to join Toastmasters and to stay in college no matter what happens! There is a lot of support out there for you, just ask for help! Don't think that just because you are 18 you have to do it all on your own, no one can get through life as an island, trust that others will help you achieve your goals. Utilize the resources that you have available to you, and most of all "never, never, never, never quit!"

Lara

College takes up a short time in your life. Savor it while you can. Enjoy the social life, live it up with your friends because these are the ones that will make the greatest impact on your life and stay with you forever no matter where you go. Work hard on your studies because once you are done you are on your own. Question your peers, professors and yourself, that is how you expand your mind. Don't take yourself so seriously, things never go the way you planned but it is still going and you still have people around you who love and support you and will help you through everything!

Racarra

I would tell myself to be open-minded and willing to accept change. College is a lot different from high school in many ways. College has a larger work load and the teachers expect more from you as a student. However, by hearing this I would probably be a little intimidated by the thought of college. That is when I would continue on to say that while college is harder in some ways it is more relaxed. In high school people do not really get the chance to make their own decisions about what classes they take or when they take them. In college it is a different story. You get to choose what you want to do with your life; you get the choice to take classes when you want to take them. With all this information I would tell myself to take it slow and start at a community college to test the waters and get to know your skills for college. It?s easier to work your way up to higher levels, than to be thrown into the ?deep end? not knowing how to ?swim?.

Heather

There are so many things that I would tell my high school senior self: Do not be afraid, do not waste your time on these boys, you will eventually find the right one, enjoy life more, and stress less. The biggest piece of advice would have to be to take the advice of the people that knew me best. Several people told me that I should pursue a degree in computer science. I did not listen, however, and sent the next nine years finding myself. I am now in college for the exact thing everyone told me I would be. If I had taken any advice from these people, my life might be a whole lot better now. Nevertheless, to this day I do not regret a single thing I have done in my past, because each experience taught me something. I would make sure to tell my younger self that, even though I may have messed some things up, I have no regrets.

Kirk

Don't leave the state a month before graduation to follow your girlfriend to Texas. Finish high school and then go to college. Don't wait until your 30s to get the education you deserve!

David

In 2008, David Delaney graduated highschool and was ready to move on in the direction he thought suitable for him. With no consulting in making his decision, he mistakenly left home and friends. In no time at all, highschool was over and David found himself hundreds of miles away inprocessing into America's Army. Two and a half months of self-driven torture ensued, yet didn't stop after graduation of basic training. Five more months of belittlement and regret followed through the graduation of individual training and then on to Fort Benning, GA. Now 1200 miles away from anybody he knows, the depression he found himself in in highschool is as real as it was any other day in the last seven months. A distant look at David's life, and anyone could plainly see the turmoil his soul is in. But it is what's beyond sight that paradoxes our usual outlook of life. In a most profound and amazing way, the God of the universe is working in all of this to bring David back to what is most important in life; Him. Now, if I were to go back, I wouldn't have myself change anything.

Ms

I would take my time to find the perfect enviroment, support and knowledge for College. When a student first gets out of high school thay have a lot of options, a lot to look forward too and so many questions. I think a student fresh out of high school could benefit from a 6 month break to explore the world, get life exsperience, look at travel to different destinations through the college of your choice then while entering yout first year of college the student has explored options and has a better idea for a future education. Travel, college abroad programs, work experience or a transitional approach can really help a blossoming student. Students need to explore them self, reach inner knowledge to tap into there passion and then educate them self based on a passion. Thank you Jodi E Halsey January 2010

Margaret

Margaret, although it is tough to think about going back to school right after high school it is something that will change your life in a BIG way. I tell our children that life is tough enough, competition is fierce out there and there is nothing as expensive as getting an education except of course... not getting one. I struggle every day to keep a roof over my head and although I believe struggle can mold and define us and most times is good for the soul, I could do with a tad bit less of it. I have found I really REALLY like to throw myself into a job and like to be an important person in a business not just a clerk that can be replaced. I want to be able to help people make the right decisions on where their business should be going and help them to get there. I know you really don't know what you can do well, but I am here to tell you that you could be totally awesome in accounting. Your mind is like a sponge, let it play in the water of numbers and you will find yourself.

Gabriela

"Everything is going to be o.k.." When I was in my senior year I was a very nervous person, especially when thinking about college. I was always such a nervous wreck. I would get so nervous I would feel my eyes fill with tears. I was so embarrased someone would see me. Unfortunately, I took the easy way out and stopped going. This was back in 1996. "Go ahead, ask the question," "the only stupid question is the one that never gets asked,""don't worry cause your not the smartest one," "so what if you answer incorrectly?" and finally, "so what if you don't know what a 12 point font is?" This is what I would have told myself when I was a senior in high school, it have made my life alot easier.

Bhabana

one of the best advice I could give myself could be that is never to early to start applying for college and scholarships. Time doesnt wait for anyone but is never to hard to keep up with whats going on. I could also have told myself that i needed to go make an appointment to see my counselor to talk about college. There aren't any dump questions when it comes to college. They are there to help after all. My life could have changed if i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior after knowing what I know about college life.

Darrick

Hey it's me. Well, I'm YOU from the future! Dude, seriously, don't worry AT ALL about going to college. You'll make friends easily and you'll find that you will fit in perfectly. Classes won't be so hard, since I've gone through them already, so don't worry about not having enough time to study. Plus, the resources that the school provides will be enough for you to do good in your classes. But be sure to spend your time WISELY, not just on studying, but with your outside plans as well. Otherwise you'll end up in your dorm, not knowing what to do next. And you better go to the beach too. It's amazing; it's the perfect place to relax and just enjoy your surroundings. Be careful riding that longboard all around campus! There's really steep downhills and, trust me, you're gonna have a couple of accidents. Nothing serious is going to happen. Just be tough! College is going to be the best experience ever! Don't freak out about me, I want to let you know what to expect! I'll say it again, DON'T WORRY!

Andrea

First of all, I would make sure I made it to my senior year. I would then make sure I used all options and websites that fit into my criteria and utilize them to the fullest. I would then to research in the overall programs offered and compare what would be best for my longterm success. Make sure I applied to all scholarships I qualified for and on a regular basis made it a weekly effort to search for any and all new ones out there. After finding the college that would best fit my needs and all other criteria i'm searching for I would go in with much greater confidence and absorb every and all opportunities available. Take advantage of the time and all resources available. I would not underestimate my ability and continously give my all to obtain the best acedemic merit I can.

Kiet

With the knowledge I know about college life and making the transition, I would go back in time and tell myself to apply for as many scholarships and grants as humanly possible so that I wouldn't have to worry about how to pay for next semester and if I have enough funding for next semester. That is the one piece of advice I would give myself because if I would of known to apply for scholarships and grants then I wouldn't be stressing out about how to pay or be up to my eyeballs in debt when I graduate at the end of two years.

Kimberly

First of all I never completed high school. So I would tell myself, prior to dropping out of high school, that would be the worse mistake I could make. In order to have a career I must have an education; more than a high school education. Community college lets me take as many or as few classes as I can handle. Education is should be a priority in my life.

I was very aware of college but if I could go back and talk to myself in high school I would just advised myself to be more open and prepared.