Front Range Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Front Range Community College

Aryanna

All around great school! The professors are great and truly care about students passing and understand they have other priorities outside of school. Advisors aren't very helpful. We get a 30-minute conference for them to tell us information we already know. Student Life is always having something planned for students to get involved!

Hoa

When I started my first semester at Front Range Community College, I was really worried because everything was new while my ability to communicate in English was still limited. I still remember the feeling of being afraid to go to class on those first days for fear of not understanding the lecture, not understanding when my classmates were talking, afraid of mispronouncing, and not being able to make people understand what I wanted to say. Yet after only a while, I have enjoyed this educational environment. I am happy to discover I can learn, can have friends. I have been received, guided, supported, listened to, and respected. No one laughs at me when I pronounce wrongly or ask silly questions. Nobody looks at me with different eyes because I am an Asian. I am free to express my views on the issues we discuss in the classroom even though my viewpoint is different from that of my instructor or my classmates. All my instructors are patient, nice, open-minded, and supportive. The Library and the Student Success Center are helpful resources. Staff in the Student Success Center are always willing to help me when I have difficulty understanding lessons, helping me organize ideas, or correcting spelling mistakes I made in the essays. Just like that, I have had a very interesting time studying at FRCC. Last May, I completed the program for my Associate Degree in Accounting and Bookkeeping Certificate with honors. Last year, I earned my Associate Degree in Business. Currently, I am taking some classes this summer to transfer to CU Boulder. I feel that the decision to enroll in FRCC is one of my best decisions.

Casey

I enjoyed the time I spent at Front Range Community College. The classes were good size, the teachers were always there for us and would always make time to for us. The library on campus was very useful and made studying very easy. Having free tutoring made passing classes far easier as well.

Aimee

When I was taking concurrent enrollment, I had a great opportunity to advance and obtain my associate's degree in almost any capacity, however, it was difficult for me as a high school student to complete any such math class that did not allow me to use a graphing calculator (which I was not informed of ahead of time). All in all, the campus is great in terms of space and students. I felt comfortable being there and loved that I had the freedom to take online classes as well as in school all at the same time. Overall, the campuses are meant for those who need flexibility and time to themselves.

Abby

Good school overall, offers a good academic program but reminds me a lot of high school. If you like that then this is the perfect place for you but it does not really offer the full college experience. They have a variety of different courses offered so that is a nice option to have if you are just looking to take a couple classes.

Tyler

It's a great school! I've taken mulitple classes here and every single time the professor is amazing, the class really gets my mind going and I even enjoy learning what ever subject I'm there to learn! Parking is always pretty easy to find and it's in a big town with a lot of other places to go and things to do! I love it!!

Clarisse

This place is amazing. I moved out of my family home in August just to attend this community college. Te majority of the students and faculty are all very lovely. I remember not having any friends as I came here, but over time everything started to fall into place. People are extremely sweet always having a smile on their faces its truly a great place to be.

Stasi

Front Range Community College was a great school to start my college experience at. It is full of friendly and helpful people and it is a great enviornment to learn in. There are tons of opportunities and different ways to experience college at Front Range. I think they put community, in community college.

Darian

I feel as if Front Range is a very good educational institute, and has a quantitative amount opportunities open to future & current students if they are willing to put forth the effort. Educators seem to be very helpful, and very understanding of circumstances that do come up, and the tours there are very helpful.

Angelica

This community college is great for anyone looking to find their passion. By the end of taking my core classes I was able to really figure out what I wanted to do with my degree. The faculty is great and easy to talk with. I would recommend checking out this school because of the diversity in classes.

This is your typical community college system with small class sizes. However, unlike other community colleges they offer really useful technical certificates from qualified instructors. For instance, you can gain a pretty solid certificate in GIS and make more money off the bat than a undergraduate student from a 4-year Uni.

Courtney

Front Range Community College is a great starter school. Staff, advisors, and teachers are always ready and willing to help in any way that they can. It has a small school feel, so it is easy to connect with teachers and classmates. The classes all seem to be relevant to popular career paths. I would highly recommend FRCC to anyone looking to start college.

JiaWen

Study hard and you will get results

Jamie

Front Range is a great community college. The campus is in a great location that has beautiful views to relax you while you study. They offer many services to help you further pursue your dreams. They offer everything from a career center to a beautiful library. All of the staff are very helpful and know their material.

Noah

Front Range Community College is an excellent value for money. Professors from notable nearby colleges moonlight at Front Range, and therefore the academics are actually relevant to the college environment. The atmosphere is improving dramatically - when I started there, it was relatively dismal. Many improvements to all facilities are really making this a good place to get an education. It isn't necessarily conveniently located to other destinations (e.g. popular student hangouts, affordable housing, or major thoroughfares). The average student here is older, has at least one job, and is in a hurry to graduate. As such, the mood isn't generally as light-hearted and centered on mind-expanding thought as much as other campuses are. The food is nothing to write home about. The classes offered are limited, but for the campus size and degrees offered, that's to be expected. Overall, a good experience and a definite consideration for any student, regardless of education track.

Katharina

FRCC is a friendly, fun environment that offers updated facilities well beyond any other community college I have previously attended. There are many free activities that encourage students to be engaged on campus. The leadership program is one of these and the team running these programs care a great deal about well-rounded education. Many of the teachers have experience teaching at 4-year institutions so the quality of education is on par with that of local universities. Although the cafeteria food is despicable, the staff are so polite and welcoming I keep stopping by to choke down a few fries or slice of pizza just to say hi to my friends. Overall Front Range Community College has the most heart I've ever seen in a school, they push themselves to always achieve more for their students and focus on building community leaders among their graduates. I feel lucky to have been embraced so fully by this institution of academia.

Robyn

I enjoy attending my classes, and I never seem to have issues. The class sizes are perfect for my learning because they’re small enough for me to ask help whenever I need it and easy for my peers to communicate effectively. There is always academic support provided along with counseling on campus, and I wouldn’t ask for anything more than that. The professors I have had were always on top of our curriculum and have even told us to communicate with them if we have outside factors that we need to talk about that could be affecting our attendance and/or performance. It’s very important to acknowledge to students that you will be there for them, so I appreciate it. Of course schools aren’t perfect, but I, personally, haven’t experienced anything to prove otherwise.

Charity

Overall, everybody at Front Range, from the students to the staff, are very friendly and willing to help you if you need it. There are plenty of fun events attend, groups to join, and resources at your disposal if you need them. The class sizes are somewhere between 20 and 30 people so you have an opportunity to get exposed to a variety of viewpoints and opinions during discussions which gives you a well rounded experience.

Alexander

Front Range is an exceptional Community College. From my experience so far at the Westminster Campus, it in itself is a wonderful introduction to college life for current and returning students alike. The layout and mapping of the school makes navigation a breeze, not to mention the location is peaceful and visually appealing. The surrounding area has quite literally anything a student may need to thrive during college. Due to it being a community college, there are no on-campus housing options, but there are plenty housing options around for local and out-of-state students as well. Ideal class sizes, easy to follow lesson plans, and superb professors make the learning experience just that much more enjoyable, suitable for excelling students and "normal" students alike. Student interactions are also enjoyable, everyone is here to learn; no threats to personal ideals or beliefs. Very good student-to-student relations that help supplement a healthy student lifestyle. Overall, Front Range Community College is an excellent choice for Colorado students seeking not only an affordable, but enjoyable introduction college experience.

Lola

I really like the community, people think because it is a community college there isn't fun but every time I stay late to study or just to hang out I always see people ready for the next dodgeball tournament to begin. I love all the different options they have to help students strive and I really feel like I am being heard when I have a concern.

Ryan

It's a hreat school and I'm so grateful I am able to use this school and transfer to my desired school CSU. It's overall great I'm just adjusting to my new lifestyle. Can't wait to rock it! The teachers are usually amazing and they truly set aside time to help students out in one on one meetings.

It is a great place to learn new things. It is affordable for the most part. The teachers are incredible professors and know what they are teaching. They are very flexible. They also offer concurrent enrollment for high school students, which I took advantage of and graduated with my Associates of Arts degree at the same time I graduated with my high school diploma. Without Front Range Community College I would not be heading down the path I am now.

Madeline

While Front Range may not be the flashiest of schools, I am very grateful for the opportunity they provide to myself and many other students who may not be able to go to college right away, either because of financial reasons or other. Being a community college, you can expects cuts here and there. While there isn't very much in extracurricular activities and it's difficult to make and sustain friendships. The campus cafeteria and coffee shop are overpriced and seriously lacking in quality. The campus itself can feel rather uninspiring and drab at times- you're not going to want to hang out all day here. But in the end, I'm here to get an education, and I do feel I am able to succeed here, and all the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Amber

I absolutely love FRCC! When you first walk in the atmosphere is welcoming and the staff is very friendly. The professors there are extremely helpful; even if they aren't your professor. Everyone there wants to help and see everyone succeed in their degree, so you can get help even if your professor is busy or gone. Also, the staff doesn't only help with academics but also personal things as well. I know if I have a problem accruing in my personal life, I can go talk to one of my professors to get help. If they can't exactly help me, they help me find someone who can! The students who attend FRCC are also super friendly. With such a diverse community, everyone is welcoming and are willing to help each other out when needed. Overall, Front Range is an amazing community college where it does make you feel like you are apart of community.

I have been a student at Front Range Community College since I was 15 years old and have loved my time here. Instructor-student relationships are strong, there are always opportunities to get involved, FRCC loves and listens to student input. Overall a great school- more than I would expect from a community college.

Shayla

I love the small campus. It's easy to find your classes. The sense of community here is very much alive. I struggle with social anxiety but I'm conquering it every day, making new friends with people I otherwise may have never met. We have some brilliant professors, some of whom also teach at CSU, but the class sizes are small enough that I never feel like I can't have a voice in class. It's far more affordable than other local universities, and with the guaranteed transfer program you won't waste your time taking classes that won't apply to your degree if you transfer to another school.

Alizza

Honestly, I love the diversity there, there is many cultures that step onto the campus. Everyone is so friendly, I never see a problem with the students or the faculty. When it comes to needing help, there are so many resources that are provided to the students. The faculty never says no or turns down a student, they try to help them out as much as possible! I love the fact that no matter what age a student is, they are welcomed to earn an education.

Betsy

Teachers are very helpful and willing to work with you on extra credit and grade opportunities. Student are all friendly and want to spend time outside of class together. Clubs and organizations are always fun and welcoming, the lunches provided during many times of the semester are free and first come first serve--most excellent cooks work here! Depending which campus you attend, the community feel varies, but largely very integrated and friendly.

Jena

I love it here. I ended up choosing a program that allows me to stay here for three academic years before transferring to a university as a senior. The campus is small, but beautiful. The views of the mountains from the student center is breathtaking. I have found that most instructors and professors are wonderful and dedicated to student success. Since we are a community college, a good number of the students here are considered non-traditional. That makes for a wonderfully diverse classroom setting where people from all walks of life are able to connect. Even if you are considering heading straight to a four-year school, I highly recommend spending your first year or two at Front Range. Not only is the tuition extremely affordable, the small class size and free tutoring and resources are widely available and can ensure a student's future success not only at the larger universities, but in life.

Kristen

It was the best decision I've ever made. I saved money and the education solidified my career choice. Instead of teachers I had mentors in my field that were available whenever I had a question. Even after graduation we still keep in touch. You can tell they take pride in their students and education. The class sizes were about 18-30 people which made it really easy to ask questions, follow along in class, and have brainstorms with other students about design during study period.

Elsa

It is a good school for a community college, definitely not the right school if you're looking for "the college experience" as in a huge campus, parties, Greek life and teachers who don't care if you go to school. I love the small class sizes and that the teachers themselves are the ones who teach/grade,lecture etc.

Kaitlyn

The first time I stepped onto Front Range Community College campus, I knew it was the campus for me. While community college is generally the cheaper option, that is not the only reason I chose FRCC. The welcoming staff, the opportunities provided on campus, and the small class sizes were all large incentives. Front Range Community College is committed to not only providing a good education, but also making sure you are well prepared for those jobs. They offer mentoring and internship programs with real business world experience, as well as develop real-world skills such as team-work and communications. They give you the skills necessary to obtain a job quickly after graduation, as well as maintain that career. In addition to FRCC’s wonderful programs, their class sizes and teacher’s commitment are extremely beneficial. Class sizes rarely exceed 30 people, and this gives you more of a one-on-one experience that is invaluable. The teachers here are also extremely committed to helping you succeed. They are available not only in class and during office hours, but 24/7. If you are struggling in a class, they will reach out to you, offer more help and support. They will do anything they can to help you succeed. FRCC has exposed me to so many different ideas, perspectives, and knowledge in the short year I have been there. I am immensely grateful for this school and would not change my decision for the world. They offer a very welcoming environment, and I encourage many of you to consider it for your college career.

Liliana

Front range is an excellent community college. It has small class sizes and one has the opportunity to enroll and get a schedule that would bet suit there time. Professors go an extra step to make sure all the students stay on top and on track.

I really enjoyed my time at Front Range Community College. I very rarely had a bad experience with a bad professor. There are lots of student services offering help. The campus is in good shape, classes are small, and the teachers were great. I personally really recommend the writing center and math lab for free help or a study space.

Savhanna

I only attended the classes offered at my high school, however everything is good, it always has been. The campus is beautiful, and the facilities are amazing. I’ve had amazing teachers who genuinely cared about their students and their student’s education and understanding, overall incredibly enjoyable.

Zoe

Front Range is the perfect place to attend for anyone in the area looking for a a concise two year degree, or supplementary education between High School and transferring to a four year+ university. The professors are well educated and have lots of experience, and most of them are competent teachers alongside being helpful people. Don't expect the rigor of a full 4 year degree, but don't expect to be let off easy either.

Heidi

Front Range Community College is a great college for those who are trying to save money while also obtaining an education. Their resources like the writing and math center are extremely helpful. Professors are well educated and very engaged with their students. Front Range provides a lot of assistance to those who are unsure of how the college system works. The smaller class sizes allow for a better understanding of the content and makes it easier to ask professors for one on one help.

Kennedy

Overall, I believe that frcc is a fantastic option for individuals who cannot afford to attend a large university. It is full of wonderful staff and students and I'm so glad it's located right in my hometown! Facilities and access to materials couldn't be better!!

It is a good school. There are small classes and it is relatively affordable. I feel like the teachers care about my education and my college experience. The financial aid office makes it easy to use my grants and to find scholarships. I like the teachers there.

Luke

Class size is the biggest advantage of Front Range, ratios are very good for the student. My math professors have been consistently available for office hours and also will answer questions during class or via email which is great! The community isn't really there though. This is definitely a commuter school.

Amberly

It has various campus locations that help students be able to attend a campus that is closer to them and more accessible. The professors at Front Range Community College are very friendly and support their students and always try to help out as much as they can with their students' success. There are many professors here that are amazing and supportive.

Natasha

I am non-traditional student (24+ years old) and am a part of the Veterinary Technology program at FRCC and it has been the greatest experience of my life thus far. The program is limited to a maximum of 24 people, so class sizes are not so large that you feel the instructors are inaccessible. In fact, I have developed personal relationships with several of the instructors and am confident that I will remain in touch with them long after I have graduated from the program. The program is a rather fast-paced, but the instructors do their best to ensure academic success and will never set you up for failure. As a work study student, I also get to interact with faculty and staff from other departments across Larimer Campus, and I have yet to come across a person that is unwilling to help with anything and everything. I have taken all of my general courses at FRCC as well, and my experiences with those instructors and courses has been no different from what I currently describe in the Veterinary Technology program. Overall, Front Range Community College is an ideal place to begin your college experience!

Alexandra

In my opinion, Front Range is definitely a good fit, especially if you're looking to getting your associates for a much cheaper tuition than at a university. Everyone I ever talked to there was extremely nice and helpful and the professors were great! They were laid back but also made sure you learned something. The only bad thing I can say is that that the financial aid office is not good at communicating. Many times I would go in the office to sort something out and they would tell me the solution and say that was everything I needed to do. However, many times I would need to do something else that they didn't tell me about. It seemed I would have to go into the office to get one new piece of information, even if I needed more than that. Other than that this is a great school to go to with a great education and a lot cheaper than a university like CSU.

Matthew

Great class size, sometimes short on space in my EMT class. Good classes, but not always focused. Great community college

Blanca

Front Range Community College has always been at the top of my list for affordability. I completed all my prerequisite courses as well as my Certified Nurses Assistant certification through them. Every teacher I worked with was very helpful and always there for you when you need them.

Meaghan

The FRCC is a wonderful campus that is well kept and constantly getting renovated. They have built several new buildings and there is even a gym open for the students. It's in a good location and has a wonderful view. The class sizes make it easy to not get lost in the crowd.

Rebecca

I very much enjoy the classroom sizes, and every professor I've had has been very helpful with doing well in classes and outside of the classroom. My teachers have provided very flexible times in when I can meet them. The only thing I've struggled with is I feel as if there wasn't very much guidance on what was needed from me in order to transfer to a four-year university.

Jessi

Front Range community college is such a unique, inviting place of education. Unlike most other colleges, FRCC caters toward a variety of ages and situations among the students. The faculty and staff at FRCC is overwhelmingly eager to help in anyway they can. My education thrives in the home-like, welcoming environment that Front Range provides.

Lili

From day one, I all the faculty and teachers have been extremely warm and have made it clear that they will do everything in their power to be supportive and help their students succeed. I have seen this first hand on several occasions with the disability support center as well as my own teachers. The curriculum is a great curriculum and the class sizes is a good size. Note: I currentley attend the Front Range Community College in Larimer County.

Peyton

I have only recently started attending Front Range, but so far the experience has been wonderful. I attend the Boulder Campus, so it is a bit smaller than main campus. I love the staff, everyone is incredibly friendly and eager to help students prosper and achieve their goals. The school also provides a variety of resources for success that are easy to access and very beneficial to students.