Frostburg, MD
Frostburg State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Frostburg State University

K.

They are usually very diverse, intellegent, and hard working young people who tend to be very approachable.

If I had a chance to go back, first I would tell myself to talk to current students that attend the prospective schools I wanted to attend. This way I could get a real opinion about the school instead of the representatives rehearsed speech. Secondly, I would warn myself about not declaring a major by the end of my freshman year. A lot people tell high school students that it is acceptable to go into a liberal arts college without having a clue what discipline they desire to study. But what they don't tell you is that you could be in college a lot longer than you intended to be (and spend a lot more money) if you do not steadily stay in one particular discipline. Then I would inform myself on how important social life is, so be very open minded when trying to get involved within the campus community. There are alot of different people from diverse backgrounds, and if you chose to stay around same type environment that you had in high school then your college experience will not be that good. This has even caused some students to not want to come back to school.

The most frustrating thing about the school is the fact that the social life isn't that great, especially on the weekends. Students tend to have find things to do on there own.

Victoria

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I now know about college life I would tell myself three main things. First, I would tell myself not to stress out too much. Filling out college applications and the other required forms can be time consuming and quite stressful, especially when faced with strict deadlines but as long as I pace myself and stay organized everything should work out fine. Secondly, I would tell myself to visit the university I am interested in while the college still has classes in secession. Most prospective students know to visit a college before making the big decision but it is also important to visit while classes are going on to get a more accurate feel for how you would fit in. Lastly, I would say to myself to take more classes senior year that will count as a college credit. Those classes are an accurate example of college level work and make the transition of high school work to college level work much easier.

I wish i would have known how many outdoor activies there were...I would have learned to ski before coming!

Certainly anyone who cannot stand the snow or chilly tempertures should not attend this school. Also anyone looking for a very large school should not attend this school beacuse although I would not consider the school a "small" one it is not very large either which is perfect for anyone who would like a small student teacher ratio.

James

Frostburg State University is a four-year university, campus in Frostburg, Maryland, in western Maryland, and is part of the University System of Maryland. FSU is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and tell what I know now about college life and making the transition to college, I would give certain advice to myself. I would advise myself with high importance that I need to prepare myself for college. I was never prepared for college; my high school wasn?t a college prep school, so I was left on my own. I would want to tell myself that college education is important and I should prepare my English, writing, grammar, math and anything else needed for college level education. It is important that I review and study to be ready for college. In addition to the education, I would like to have known about the different schools and what they offer for degrees, and other programs. I did not have a good chance to look into colleges, I would like to have known what other colleges were available. Especially, I would like to have looked into the costs and options to pay for school. If I would have had this advice, college transition would have been much easier than it was for me.

I think anyone would like frostburg, any kind of person should attend this school.

Amber

My classmates are individuals that are focused on their majors and apply it to every aspect of their life.

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior is to take college application essays seriously and to apply to as many schools as possible. I say this because you never know when life circumstances will change and it's better to give yourself options and not have to use them than to miss out on opportunities because of being focused on one college.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school are those that want a fast-pased, urban lifestyle. This school is for those that prefer a quiet, tight-knit community.

April

If I could go back in time and tell myself what to do my senior year, and what to expect in college I would. My senior year I should have taken AP courses since I was capable. This would have put me ahead in college. I also would have advised myself to not become consumed with all of the outside things that were not important. I would have done many things that would have helped me out. I would have joined more clubs and participated in more activities. Also, knowing how expensive college is I would have worked more and applied for scholarships. The transition from high school to college was quite difficult and it caught me off gaurd. A good piece of advixe I would have given myself about college life is eat properly, have a set schedule, make friends, and enjoy the time spent there. The friends you make will be your family away from home, so choose them wisely.

Before I came to school I wish I would have been aware of how much things such as books cost. I never expected to have to pay $1000 in books a year. I also wish that I knew it snowed in October in the mountains that would have been a big help. I also wasn't aware of how scheduling of classes took place. It is quite confusing, but your advisors will help you so don't stress to much.

When others ask me about Frostburg State University I like to brag about the little things that make the campus unique. Unlike most colleges, we have a swinging pendulum in our newly renovated science cetner. We also have heated side walks so during the icy winter it is handicap friendly. The surrounding area is a small town, so you will see many locals out and about who usually say hello. During the winter months there are always things to do, such as snowboarding, tubing , snowball fights, and sleding. The campus is just absolutely beautiful.

Henry

Classmates at Frostburg State are very supportive and encourage people to do thier best and strive to be better.

I would tell myself to get better prepared with handling schoolwork and other tasks that are given tome for extracurricular activities. During high school, teachers did not stress on the importance of college life and what to do while in college. Instead the teachers just made their concern on their work and the students graduating. Realizing that the teachers did not have are best interest at heart, I would have started practicing college study habits and work ethics. Study habits are key to be successful in college because if you do not study then you will not be a strong college student. Looking back on high school habits, now I realized I should have changed my habits in the way I studied and handled high school tasks in order to prepare for college life.

Before I became a Frostburg State student I wish I knew to the values of studying in my down time. In high school teachers did not prepare me in studying in my down time. Therefore, I would have wished that my teachers prepared me on how to study in my down time.

Colleen

My Frostburg classmates are a friendly, accepting group of people. From the first day of classes, I knew this was a group that would be supportive of each other and would truly care about others well being. Even on Move-In Day, meeting the girls in my dorm, I could sense how delightful each person was.

Colleen - Stop worrying. If you want it, and you work hard for it, you will reach that goal. The stress will only cause problems in you personal life, and you don't get the time back. Life wants you to grow up so fast, so take the time now to be a kid. Listen to your parents. They do actually know what they are talking about. Never forget that there are people that love you and will always be there when you need to talk. Let the little things go - life should not be filled with regrets over what you did not do when you could and should have. Stay true to yourself - no matter how cliche that sounds, it is important never to change yourself just to make someone else happy. First impressions are everything - people will remember you by what you wore and how you spoke. You are educated - portray that. High school may have been horrible, but in college, and nowhere else, you will be around so many unique people with differing, and similar, interests. You will make lifelong friends - just give it time and hang in there.

Frostburg State is a melting pot of people - anyone looking for an incouraging, welcoming community of support should come here.

maurice

it prepares you for your career and the school is diverse.

it prepares you for your career and the school is diverse.

to stay focused no matter what and that there will be times where you will be tested as a student and an athlete but if you remember to wark hard you can achieve anything you want to.

Toinita

Frostburg State University is a very diverse and friendly school.

Frostburg State University is a very diverse and friendly school.

I would tell myself to be more open to change and get invoved with groups and clubs on campus.

The most frustrating thing would have to be that it is located in the middle of no where, so there isnt that much to do.

Justin

It's surroundings. It is located in the mountains, near many ski resorts and outdoor activities. It is probabily most known for how much snow we get, and how often we get it.

I would tell myself that, as tough as I thought high school was sometimes, that my most challanging years of my life were still ahead of me. I know that this information would be a bit of a burdon to myself in high school, but I also believe that if you are not willing to be challanged, then you probabily should not persue higher education. Luckily, I would be able to tell mysef that my origional career choice, to date, has still heald my interest, and I have become even more passionate about being a teacher than I was as a high school senior. I would tell myself that the next few years would be the most humbling, and maturing years of my life. I would say that becoming humble and mature, even through a harsh transition into college and being self-sufficient, are values I can posess for the rest of my life, and keep through all of my endeavors. To close, I would tell myself that if I simply reflect on the reason I am in college to begin with, I will find the passion, courage, and strength to overcome any challange I may encounter in the future.

How to study properly. I got by in high school not needing to study, but It becomes a near necessity in college. It took me awhile to learn how to study effectivly.

Frostburg State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.