Frostburg, MD
Frostburg State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Frostburg State University

Justin

Frostburg State University can be described in with one word, and that word is understanding. Frostburg State is understanding of the fact that us teenagers are probably going to partake in sexual activity with each other, therefore they provide and promote protection. The professors understand that many students are on sports teams, organizations, etc. so they are lenient with their office hours. The school understands that many times when students go to parties they drink and many of them live off campus, so they established a company that drives you to any place around campus and off campus called "Saferide" to prevent drunk drivers from being behind the wheel. I could go on for an hour telling about how lenient this school is, which is good because that's what makes this school great. It provides just enough leniency to prevent any student from breaking the law. And for the most part, it does. Of course there are some that still break the law but only "some". I love this school and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a college to attend.

Bryanna

There are a lot of clubs and extra-curricular activities on campus. The education and the campus are average. the food and nearby stores suck because there are a very limited selections of food, and the nearby stores that everyone goes to (Walmart, the mall) you need a ride for. you can't just walk. There are cute little shops & restaurants not too far off-campus.

Sidonie

I love frostburg. especially being in state its a good price and it feels like im out of state but still close to home. it could be closer to other more popular stores; there is only one mall and a walmart within 30 minutes from the university, but theres plenty of caryout spots. the food on campus is ok but not all that great. Although there are plenty of opportunities for students to get involved. Because the campus is small its easy to get to most classes within 5-10 minutes (walking) or less and its usually easy to get a hold of instructors. If you want to go somewhere off campus its most likely within walking distance.

Cheyenne

Frostburg is a diverse Campus where all the students feel comfortable sharing their opinions with each other. We're one big happy diverse family, learning about each others culture with open minds and hearts. Apply today and come join our campus family.

Zoe

I love the school a lot, its in a quite area but you meet a lot of people. All the teachers really care about their students and prepare them for their major. I have felt welcomed since the beginning of the school year and I feel like I could grow as a student and a great teacher in the future. The education program is excellent their's a lot of options for you to go out into the field and do hands on work with the kids and teachers,

Jetun-Nadine

I am currently enrolled I am a visitor I will be attending Frostburg State University in the Spring of 2017. When visiting Frostburg State University and going on campus tours the campus is always clean the dorms were clean and the cafes were clean. The professors and administrators were all nice and welcoming. That is why I chose to go to Frostburg State University. They take the students academic life very seriously. All extra curricular activities are included. Students put academics as first priority. Overall Frostburg State University is a great school.

Allison

The best decision I have made. Frostburg State University is an awesome school.

The best decision I have made. Frostburg State University is an awesome school.

Brandon

My classmates were the most interesting collection of intelligent, incredibly talented, widely diverse, and overall awesome individuals that I have ever had the pleasure of being around all at the same time.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say to myself: Dude, love yourself as much as you can! Don't worry about being different. Being an outsider is not a curse. It is, rather, a testiment to the fact that you are not afraid to define who you are and that you don't need anyone's approval to validate how awesome you are! Keep being you and loving you, and don't let yourself be swayed by anyone else's idea or definition of who or what you should be. It takes a lot of effort to make yourself fit into someone else's mold, and usually the reward isn't worth worrying so much about what people think about you. And when you get promoted beyond the walls of this school, you will find that you aren't as much of an outsider as you think! There are people who will get to know and like and love you for who you are, and you will build life-long friendships with many of them! Don't stress about the things you can't control!

The most frustrating thing about Frostburg State University would probably be the fact that I had to finally leave! I met some of the most incredible people, and I had the most awesome time of my life at this incredible place! I got a more-that-competitive education, and I had a ridiculous amount of fun while I was at it. I couldn't stand being a student while I was in high school, but when I got to Frostburg State University and I learned what it had to offer to me, I really didn't want it to end!

Cameron

Alcohol abuse, high STD rates, rape, assault, harassment, drug abuse, abusive and agressive police, racism, depression, horrific weather, theft, bullying, sexism, perverse gay men harassing and following you, shaming of people with conservative views, shaming of religion and religious freedoms. Angry drunk people, obsession with marijuanna and binge drinking, terrible classes and professors, disgusting campus, disgusting and inedible food. Terrible cafeteria hours, disgusting and decaying housing, the heat is cranked all year, including in the warmer months!

I was terrified of the thought of going to Frostburg, but I went along with my father forcing me to attend the school. I would tell myself to run away, and force my parents to help me attend a different school. I lost my level of physical fitness, my sleep schedule, and my chance to graduate on time and enjoy college. I was told by my parents that Frostburg would NOT be as a bad as I knew it would be, and that it would get better. They were wrong. I learned absolutely nothing from this school, and will never be able to remove the awful chapter of my life that was Frostburg. Apply to Sallisbury or go to community college if your grades are unsatisfactory.

I wish I had known a way to get out of attending this awful school. I was forced to attend this worthless institution. You truly do get what you pay for when attending the worst university on the planet. Frostburg is rated 125 out of 135 colleges in the Northeast. I wish I had known how insanely liberal and homosexual this school was. I was harassed by multiple gay men, and never felt safe. AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Robert

I would tell myself to not have high expectations and to work on being flexible and open to new experiences. I would also tell myself to be ready to accept things as they happen. Study harder and get better grades to earn more money in scholarships, so you don't have to take on student loan debt. Also I would do moe research on the actual degree in the major I chose because things aren't always what they seem. Finally, I would reaffirm what my parents taught me, to look for the total value of a school, just because a school has a certain reputation and price tag doesn't mean that it is better or worse than others. The value you get from a school is directly related to what your effort is while you are there and how you take advantage of opportunities!

A social person with good, (don't have to be great) grades, who wants to play sports or join clubs. You should also like cold weather and snow.

Frostburg State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.