Frostburg, MD
Frostburg State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Frostburg State University

Kaitlyn

Continue working hard in school and take more AP classes because they are worth it! Especially take AP Statistics because you'll need it for your major. And I know that the capstone project seems scary but you can do it and it actually helps you decide what you want to do with your life. Finally keep in touch with all of the people you meet in high school because they will be some of your best friends in the future and the adults you meet will make for a great support system, write letters of recommendation, and even provide opportunities for internships and the like in the field in which you are interested in working.

How friendly everyone is and how close-knit the honors program community is.

Frostburg State University is the least expensive university in Maryland and I entered with thirty credits from Advanced Placement classes in high school.

Marissa

I would tell myself to work harder, not to procratinate on my work. Start early on applying to colleges and scholarships. Figure out my feild of study in advance and try to get more involved with the school join a club, group or maybe even a sport. Make lots of friends and be social and flexible

its diversity and how eagear they are to encourage the students to learn

Obioku

If I could speak with my High School self, I tell the senior to be the best student I could possibly be. I would tell them to prepare for what it takes to become a Ph.D. graduate of my chosen field. To strive for the highest honor I could reach. That would have meant so much to me at that time. Not only would someone have thought that was within my ability to do but also something I should be trying to do. I wanted to learn and get the best job I could. Looking at it now, I feel like it is a wasted opportunity to get a Bachelor's and a job at 23 compared to being recognized as a Doctor or Doctoral candidate by 25. I would tel myself to be the best you can be at every level or your way to the top and not just focus on the end of the road.

The best thing about the size is its location. The school is in a place where it is the main focus of the surrounding community. Frostburg State University and its students are very important to western Maryland. The people, both on and off campus, welcome you with open arms.

I wish I had known the importance the amount of work and focus it takes to be a graduate student. My first attempt at college was to graduate with a Bachelor's and join the workforce as soon as possible. Now wanting to be a graduate student and attain those degrees seem to be so much more important. It requires a completely different work ethic and attention to detail. I am not able to perform at a higher level for all my classes as I am now preparing to be the best student I can be.

Victor

I love the diversity of Frostburg State University. I engage with international students and learn about their perspectives and cultures. I also find that the students are very knowledgeable about politics. I assume this is do in part to our proximity to Washington, D.C. Recently, I was afforded the opportunity to attend an off-campus diversity retreat. Here I met a wide variety of students making up many races and backgrounds. Of the students that attended, I learned many moving stories including how a young woman is coping with rape and how a transgender is trying to be recognized despite many challenges internally and externally. It was a fascinating weekend. From it I learned about different demographics and that there is definite beauty in each and every one of us. From these experiences, I can better relate with future students and their families. I think any student from any background or race will be able to identify with others of similar backgrounds and cultures at Frostburg State University. It such a wonderfully diverse university.

The academics at Frostburg State University are rigorous but have definite purpose. I feel the work I'm required to do is most definitely benefiting. One of my favorite classes is general biology. I love reading the text and realizing that all of these incredible processes are occurring right now inside each and every one of us. Cells are respiring inside you and me. Chemical reactions are occurring. Muscles are working. These little things are to me the miracles that we tend to go unnotice in our everyday lives. The classes are more team oriented and not as competitive as some might believe. We tend to help one another in labs and outside of class to further grasp the subject at hand. For instance, in our biology course, we get together for voluntary study sessions to make sure everybody understands the material. Some of us even go to extra lengths to make handouts or quiz mock ups. Outside of class, I've been able to chat with professors on both an academic and personal level. I've been invited to a professors house on occasion and to discuss philosophy in off campus environments.

David

Well, the stereotype at most universities is that there is a lot of drinking at universities. That is an accurate stereotype, but for the most part, students here are responsible. That stereotype is not always accurate that is all students do here at Frostburg.

Academics are wonderful! The teachers here are really great teachers, and their is a good understanding of how to successfully teach here at Frostburg. Great academics!

Brandi

I am a student that drives to campus about 1 hour away. So I can not tell you much about activities. I usually go straight home after class. I have been to some activities between my classes though, such as t-shirt making and a study abroad workshop. They were both a lot of fun!

Frostburg has a wide variety of students. I feel like no student would feel out of place at Frostburg because of the diversity and activities.

Kayley

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself that everything I am going through will be worth it in the future. All the clubs, sports, volunteering, and working have made me into a person I am grateful to be. The struggles and hardships have made me strong, while all the good memories have made me humble. I would tell myself that I am proud of what I have accomplished in my life thus far, but that I would go on to do remarkable things I never knew I had the courage to do. There will be plenty more difficult times where I will want to give up and quit, but I will not quit. I will face those challenges with a smile on my face and a heart filled with determination. People will say that you can’t do things, and you will prove them wrong, and then they too will start to believe. The advice I would give myself would be to simply continue what I am doing, because everything happens for a reason and I wouldn’t change a thing.

The best thing about my school is that everybody seems to be so nice and full of school spirit. People don't just go to class, they are very involved with campus activities and student life.

Im not sure what kind of person shouldn't attend this school

Tracie

My school is best known for being in the mountains.

My school is best known for being in the mountains.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to follow your dreams and not listen to everyone because you have to live your life and nobody else can. I would also tell myself education is very important so take high school serious because college is not as hard as you might think it is. To succeed in college you must stay focus and be determine in addition if you don't try your guarantee to fail.

Anyone that's determine to achieve their goals.

Catilin

The note I would leave my 9th grade self would say study hard -- GPA is everything. In high school, you always think that you have time to improve your GPA. But, once your GPA is down it takes forever to get it back up. Study hard throughout high school. This is the time to l earn good study habits. College is nothing like high school. You don't get various work assignments to get graded on like high school. In college, you only get a few assignments and tests to determine your grade for the class. You need to start concentrating on the big projects and tests in high school so you're ready for college. Take advantagae of all the help that is given to you. Some examples are tutoring, study sessions by professors, study groups, etc. College costs a lot of money. You can do anything you put your mind to. You will do fine....just try. The future me is counting on you...so is Mom.

Students should love the outdoors. Frostburg is a small school. Students should make the most of it by studying hard. They should get to know their professors. Make the most out of school.

The weather. Frostburg State University is between the mountains. It is very cold. Be sure to dress for the weather.

Traia

I would tell myself not to give into peer pressure it is okay to be your own self. Find a group of friends that you can trust. Also, I would tell myself to do your best in school with grades and become activity in your campus community. Volunteering is a great way to gain experience. Don't procrasinate and become discipline and committed to your work.

it is really cold and you have to walk everywhere.

Frostburg State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.