Frostburg, MD
Frostburg State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Frostburg State University

Justin

If only I had known my senior year of high school what I know right now. Two years and much has changed. My education has expanded; I never would have thought I would possess such knowledge in the field of marketing. I would’ve given my former self three statements of advice: Study hard, take algebra 2, and to start developing a four year career path. First, I would tell myself to get used to studying. The key to passing college is studying. A lot of people don't do it and rather party on weekends. The more material you remember the better off you will be period! Second, I would have told myself to take algebra 2 my final year of high school. If I had taken algebra in high school then I would have passed my placement test. As a result, I would be saved the horror of taking a pre-algebra class. Third, I would’ve said you have to develop a four year career plan. Know what you want to do now and save yourself the despair of switching majors. Start researching your major and know how guaranteed you are to get a career with it.

Angelica

Yay, you just graduated! I know you're nervous about college, meeting new people, and tough classes but trust me you'll love it, I've been there. First of all, make new friends in college and get involved with the school events. The classes are only tough when your old friends want to party and you don't have those college friends that make school work easier. Don't be scared to break out of your comfort zone. It's better to learn early on that pushing your limits allows you to grow. In college you'll learn to get out of your comfort zone by meeting people that have the same interests or similar goals and getting together to learn not just understand. Lastly, if you want to keep up in class and have good grades you have to read and pay attention during lecture. If you read, lecture will be interesting and you can follow along. Don't forget to have fun! If you stick to this, remember to thank yourself.

Vincent

Vincent, everything that you thought that you knew going into college about life and college was right. You are prepared for the greatness that you are about to experience. You honestly rose to the occasion of every challenge that was thrown your way. I am proud of the work that you did on our campus. You helped every single person that you could and you bettered yourself. You got rid of biases and gained a well-rounded perspective that has helped you to quickly progress in the work-world so far. Making that transition was not as hard as you thought it would be. You were mentally-prepared and had a stronger support system than you thought. You worked on your overeating problem and stopped sucking your thumb too. You became a more confident person and made a ton of friends. You have some truly great memories on the way. I love you.

The worst thing about my school was the lack of respect that it got when compared to the other schools in the University of Maryland System. We are on-par with the flagship university(UMD), in terms of education offered.

I speak about the school that made me into a well-rounded member of society. I speak of the school where the town and faculty adopted me as one of their own. I speak of the school where I witnessed professors go above and beyond the call of duty everyday to make sure students had their needs met. I brag about great campus life and an unforgetable experience that I would gladly do over.

Kia

This school is definitely for someone who doesn't like fast pace enviroments or for someone who doesn't have much of a social life.

If I could go back in time, one thing I would tell myself would be to remain true to myself. In college it's all about finding the group with whom you have a connection with. Sometimes that can mean doing what others do and that's not always a good thing. You have to know what is right for you and and who you are. Once you figure that out don't stray away from it. This is definitely a good lesson to learn early.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the environment. There's not much to do out there.

Cheranjana

As a college student, the first advice I would give my high school self would be to work harder and raise me GPA, because my GPA only got up to a 3.00 after I was done applying for colleges, it was my last semester in high school. If I had a higher GPA I would have gotten into the school of my dreams and I would have received more scholarships to afford it. The second advice would be to do more extra curricular activities. My college applications would have looked so much better if I had more extra curriculars written down on them because only now that I realize that in reality college is all about the competition. The third advice to myself would be to take the AP Music Theory course, which would have helped me a lot more with my Music studies in college. If I passed the AP test I would have been able to get ahead my Freshman year of college. My last but not least advice would be to research more colleges to apply to where I would actually fit in interms of the social aspect and the surrounding of the university.

To me the worst thing is the rural environment. I'm not used to the rural environment, I've lived in the urban city environment my whole life. I personally believe that there's nothing much to do around campus, although there's so much you can do on campus. Also, I am a big fan of the ethnically diverse environment, unlike in Frostburg where it's nowhere near as diverse as where I come from.

A person who is very used to the city life and do not like the surrounding that is very quiet all the time with nothing really to do in the town, not a lot of people you see on the streets. People who are used to the busy streets and the environment which is so alive every morning you get out of the house. Also, those who like the big named colleges with huge classes and largely recognized in sports, academics or performing arts. Lastly, people who are not fans of the small campus environment.

Carl

The one advice I would need to give myself in High School is this: follow your heart. Of course as a High School student, I would brush that off as “cheesy” at best. But that statement was and is the sole reason for my happiness today. I left High School lost and lonely, and I attended art school for a semester until I realized that my passion lies within public speaking and competing in Speech & Debate. It took me a while to finally come to terms with this, but when I did, a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. Following what you truly want to do, not what your family or friends want you to do is what makes college an amazing experience. It’s what makes life an amazing experience. It’s unfortunate that my High School self hadn’t realized what life was about to throw at me, but my advice will always be to overcome them with a smile on your face. Life is tough, and I don’t believe that “good things happen to good people” because they never do. It’s up to you to grasp opportunities and live your own life.

chrisann

Being someone who didn't like to study and liked to procrastinate,when I entered college,I had the mind set that it required less assignments and sometimes you even have to come to class but sadly I was mistake.My first semester,I had to drop a course because I was in danger of failing because I came to class so late,I could never catch up .The fact that we only had three tests in the class and that would be the only thing to count towards our grade made it even harder.Without knowing what I was doing in class,and waiting till the night before a test to review, I failed 2 of the 3 test. Fortunately enough ,it was the last day to drop classes and I discussed it with my professor and ended up dropping this class because I was failing with my attendance and my test scores..Even though it did not affect my GPA,it left a W on my record and a $125 textbook was not needed.In the end, I understimated college and the coursewrok I had to do.

Kierra

Frostburg is a school full of opportunities.

Frostburg is a school full of opportunities.

I would tell myself to fill out as many scholarships as possible. College is expensive and by receiving a lot of scholarships, you can save money on taking out loans.

The amount of opportunities offered because it allows the students to express themselves outside of their school work.

Frostburg State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.