Frostburg, MD
Frostburg State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Frostburg State University

Should I have the opportunity to go back, I would tell myself that I "am enough". The worst critic I have come to encounter in my acting endeavors is myself. I constantly beat myself up about not having as good of a performance as I could have or not being "talented enough". Constant comparison is the easiest way of defeat for an actor. I am worth enough, strong enough, intelligent enough, bold enough, and talented enough to succeed should I put my mind to it. In high school I was so lost and confused about my abilities. Having a more mature and experienced version of myself say "You are enough" would motivate me to be greater than I ever thought possible. I believe in myself now and only wish that I had this confidence when I truly needed it. My growth as an actor has been gradual and the knowledge of my abilities are now grounded. Knowing that someday I'd be strong and bold enough to think I was "enough" would hae pushed me to excel more than I had at the time.

Andrea

The most crucial piece of advice I think I would ever give myself is to apply for scholarships! Senior year you keep hearing about all these opportunities but somehow you let them slip until the deadlines pass. There's a broader spectrum for high school graduate scholarships than there are for students that are already enrolled in college; seeing as they start becoming specific with your major and whatnot. I believe the laziness that prevents us from taking these opportunities is the fact that we have to write essays of all sorts. If I only knew how much money I would have saved with writing a 200 word little paragraph when I was 18. There are so many resources you can use to find them, especially in high school with the CAP advisor. With only entering a few words on Google you'll get hundreds of matches. There are even scholarships that are focused on little quirks like having red hair, or making a dress out of scotch tape that it is truly ridiculous not to take advantage of them. If i could go back in time I would definitely change this aspect of paying for college.

kiera

Unfortunately in this time my school is best known for misfortune, partying and what seems like an increasing crime rate. It has great potential and a lot to offer but it hides in the shadows of the negativity these generations have created.

As you are preparing for college, understand that it is not a vacation. College is the clearest mirror to real life, reality. Pay attention in class to perceive not to temporarily obtain to receive a good grade. Create a discipline for yourself to study, prioritize and eliminate procrastination. Your grades gives you options and your options provides opportunities for success not struggles that create stories for just making it. College is full of diversity, fun, new opportunities. Think of all the connections, memories, and bonds you will build and location and the college itself affects all of that. Also, take a moment to really think if college/school is even for you. Yes, success is obtainable without college as long as you have a clear, determined plan with acheiveable goals. You do not want to go to college and waste money and time. Use this last year of highschool to find who you are, what path you want to travel and take off. Understand whatever path you take reality is going to hit you once you graduate from high school.

The best thing about Frostburg is the different programs they offer. Frostburg has on its faculty some of the most qualified, eduacted, field based professors teaching you what most colleges cannot. Their human resources are very valuable and rare.

Tayler

My classmates are a diverse group of students who are dedicated to increaseing their learning.

I have meet many different and diverse people. I have learned how to write college essays as well as how to study. The most valuable thing is the education I am getting to secure my furture in the work force. Higher education is important because he equips people witht the skills needed to be successful in the working world.

I wish I knew how to study effectively and I wish I had learned better test taking skills.

Whitney

What I have gotten out of college experience is the mind set that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. I have seen college students making their fist million befor they have completed their degree. College is a life experience where you meet all different kinds of people and walks of life, and they inspire you. College is where I was inspire to do more to help the community and get involved in things around me. If due to the clubs that were offered and the genuine people at the college that really cared. They cared more about drinking and partying. We are not a position to make a huge difference. It valuable to attend college to get that sense of independence and find out who you are and what you want to do. College opens your mind to a world beyond what you have experience in High School.

Janine

I have attained a lot of skills from my college experience which has propelled me to the position that I am in today. If I had to do it all over again I would choose the same school. The school is truly tailored to the students needs.

Small class sizes offer a better learning environment and a chance for you to connect with the teachers.

the school is isolated in a town without many activities nearby.

Sherry

I am a nontraditional student of 39, I am married with two children, and work a part time job as a custodian for my church. Returning to school has been a great and wonderful experience for me. I have learned so many new things, I have most enjoyed learning how the human body works. I hope to be able to start the ASDN program next fall at my school which is Florida Gateway College. I have been working on my pre and co reqs before applying to the program and I have just three more classes before applying. I have gained a new respect for the professionals that I have worked with in the past. I worked as a pharmacy tech for 16 years before returning to school. School takes so much time and determination to complete. I believe and know the experience of returning to college has been valuable to me because I will be a better person when finished with college and will have a degree to call my own. I will be an asset to the community that I live in after I complete college and become a Registered Nurse helping people during their times of need.

Aaron

What I wish before I started to attend Frostburg State University is the real cost of college, When i was young i thought college was simple get good grads in high school and you go to college free thats not always true if you get D's C's B's your new goal should be a A+or the max your school gives and one more thing choose your enviroment well because you will see it for the next four or five years.

Emma

One huge thing I've gotten out of attending a 2 year school is that there are no limitations are far as who should go to college. I see people in their 20's, 40's, even 60's attending class. I'll be transferring to a 4 year university in the winter, and I'm sure I'll be around a younger crowd at that point. But seeing all these adults coming back to school, and trying something new is inspiring. I used to be worried that I wouldn't enjoy my chosen career path, but now I see that if you don't like what you do, learn about something new! You're never too old to try something new, and I'm glad I learned that sooner rather than later.

Frostburg State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.