Frostburg, MD
Frostburg State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Frostburg State University

Jordan

I would have told myself to save up as much money and applied for more scholarships because college can cost some serious money if you are not financially prepared because colleges throw fees at you all at once. Books are also one of the most important this because some books cost a lot and some don't but no matter what you will end up spending a lot on books because you need more than one book.

I wish I knew who cold the weather can be and how moutainous Frostburg is.

The kind of person that should attend this college are anyone seeking to reach a higher level of education to earn not only a job, but a career in doing what you love to do. This can all be achieved at Frostburg State University without spending too much money.

Sharon

Something I would tell myself as a high school senior is that it?s never too late to change. During my first semester of college, I had no motivation for academics. I partied all weekend and barely studied. Although I neglected my grades, I managed to pass with a decent GPA. I may have made it out alive but I still was continuing my careless habits. When mid-term warnings came out, I had three D?s and one C. Disgusted by my grades, I realized I was wasting a valuable opportunity and changed my approach to education. Instead of procrastinating to do coursework, I started scheduling my time and studied every day. And whenever I lost focus or saw friends going out, I would tell myself ?Is my future worth it,? and I continue working. By the end of the semester, I got an A in Freshman Composition, a B in College Algebra and Biology II and a C in Chemistry. I didn?t make the Dean?s List that semester but with the work ethic I developed, I now have a GPA of 3.335. Through these experiences I learned one thing: with great effort comes great reward.

I think my classmates are hardworking, smart, and fun because classmates tend to bond very quickly and work better when they have groupmates.

I think the advice I would give myself it to make sure that I would have a strong work ethic. Having a strong work ethic helps to complete homework in a timely manner and helps with study habits. This would better prepare me for the stresses that come along with classes and assignments and really help me balance my friends and my schoolwork.

I think the greatest thing about my school is the atmosphere. Frostburg is a very calm quiet school and the instructors and educators really try their hardest to get the students interested in education. Frostburg offers many free tutoring sessions and online classes to make it easier and more enjoyable to complete schoolwork. Also the campus sponsors fun activities like concerts and seminars to really engage others in outside activities as well. Overall the school and the educators make going to class a fun experience which i think is important to help students like myself suceed.

Shelly

I would tell myself to develop a 5 year and 10 year plan that laid out all of the goals that I wanted to accomplish and also list the opportunities that are available to complete those goals. Finding an advisor to assist in my academic goals would be a top priority. Having someone that is there every step of the way to get you to your goals is a must-have for students that do not have support from family. Funding is available via scholarships and grants so I would choose to actively participate in those available so that I would not drown in debt later in life from student loans. Do whatever it takes to become the first college graduate of your family!

Andrew

My school was best know for their test scores on state tests. My school also go the least amout of funding out of my county.

If I could go back and talk to myself in high school, I would start of by saying work harder. I know that I got into college but that does not mean that I have to stop studying and working hard. I would tell myself to continue to study in the summer before. Also to save money, and apply for as many scholarships as you can. Don?t just have loans, do more to get money for school.

Someone who is only going to college because their parents want them to go. Trade schools are a good option to. Also students who do not like to do the work or who do not like to try.

brian

It is small enough that I feel I get the attention every college student deserves but big enough that there is many people to meet and things to do.

The number one thing I would do is make myself live on campus.Getting the full "college experience" is something I want but have yet to reach. While living on campus i could much more easily take classes that I want at any time instead of having to pick classes all on the same day that are one after another because of commuting. I would get to socialize more with my fellow students, be able to join more school activities, and get a job near the campus instead of in my home-town.I would not feel like I am missing out on college because all I do there is attend classes.The second thing I would tell myself is that all this hard work will pay off in the end and to just enjoy the experience for the little time that it lasts.

Anyone wanting a big college feel on a smaller campus would like FSU.

Jonathan

My classmates are just like me. We come to class ready to learn and help each other. If I do not understand something and my classmate does I can depend on that person to help me out. Finally,I feel my classmates are there for me thick and thin and we go through our UP's and DOWN's together.

If I was to go back in time as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college and the transition, there would be a couple of things I would tell myself. The first thing I would tell myself is to uphold your great time management skills because this will be an important key to making that college "transition." Just knowing or designating a time to study, eat, work out or even sleep will help seperate you from the others at your school. You can also use this skill and spread your knowledge with others so that they can have the same opportunities as you. Finally, my other thing that I would like to tell my self is to never give up and remain with a positive attitude at all times. Because in college there will be times where you do not get your way and it can easily pull you away from your main goals, However, if you keep that positive mindset you will always prosper.

What I brag about most when I talk about my school is its accreditation of the business program. My proffessors at the university are very helpful and willing to make sure we have the best learning experience possible.

tierra

IF I WERE TO GO BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL AND TALK TO MYSELF AND OTHERS AS SENIORS ABOUT COLLEGE I WOULD BRING TALK ABOUT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF COLLEGE. I WOULD PREPARE A SPEECH TO LET THE SENIORS KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD TAKE COLLEGE TO ITS FULL ADVANTAGE. BEING IN COLLEGE ONE GETS ALOT OF FREE TIME AND THEY WOULD WANNA USE THERE TIME WISELY. I WOULD TALK TO THE STUDENTS ON HOW THEY SHOULD BECOME INVOLVED ON CAMPUS BECOME SOCIALIZE AND HOW TO TALK TO THERE PROFESSORS. DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP EITHER BECAUSE IT HELPS THE PROFESSOR LEARN YOU AND YOUR WEAKNESSES. ALSO I WOULD REMIND THEM TO STUDY. GO TO THE LIBRARY AND USE IT FOR ALL THE FREE QUIET TIME AND STUDY TIME YOU NEED. IT WORKS. HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS REALLY NEED TO HEAR THESE THINGS BECAUSE IT HELPS THEM GET PREPARED AND BECOME MORE COMFORTABLE IN SCHOOL

Before i had attended Frostburg State University, i wish i would have known about the off campus housing and the different sororities they had to offer to students. It seems as though the University wants its students to become involve in on campus activities and joining a sorority would inspire myself to become more involved.

The worst thing i consider about my school would be the weather. Being located in the mountains the weather is very unpredictable. but i have learned to adjust to the weather changes

Celina

Frostburg is a public university. I considered all other private institutions.

Frostburg is a public university. I considered all other private institutions.

Relax. Teachers and the collegeboard makes it seem as if there is only one perfect school for you. While choosing a college is an important decision in the course of your life, it is not something to be completely stressed over. There is not ONLY one right school out there for you. Go with your gut and choose a school where you could see yourself being happy. Then, embrace that decision. You have the power to decide whether you made the right decision or not. Make a decision and you make it be the right decision. Don't forget that there is not perfect school. So relax. Enjoy senior year. Apply early, make a sound decision, and buy a T-shirt from the school's bookstore. Be the school's number one fan: you will be happier and you will make other people exctied to be attending your dream school.

The small size is wonderful. The student to teacher ration is great because it allows for individual attention and specialization.

Thomas

During my senior year at high school, I was lazy. I wasn't lazy in the classes that I was in, I was lazy in picking what classes to take. The only challenging classes I took my senior year were AP Physics and English 12. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to take more AP classes to better prepare myself for college. Throughout my four years of high school I took two AP classes. AP Calculus and AP Physics. I could have taken AP Chemistry and AP English my senior year, but chose not to because I wanted to take an easy for a year. Now that I am in college, I realize how much these classes would have helped me in my journey to become an Engineer. While not taking these classes did not ruin my chances of becoming succesful, they only slowed me down. So, if I had put the extra effort and taken these AP classes my senior year, I would be two classes ahead of where I am today.

The best thing about Frostburg State University is the Science and Engineering program. There are many teachers you will have throughout your journey of becoming a Science or Engineering Major. Most, if not all, of these teachers are very good at what they do and as long as you give gthe effort, you will excel in their classes. They prepare you very well for the real world.

Frostburg State University creates an atmosphere that makes you want to stay for years to come. I am planning on staying at Frostburg for 5 years so i can better prepare myself for graduate school and my future job. I brag to my friends about how Frostburg makes it possible to beleive in yourself and to realize how, that if you put your mind to it, you can come out of college very well prepared for life.

Frostburg State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.