Frostburg State University Top Questions

Modest town, modest college, the great outdoors. If you like the mountains/woods this place is for you. Great area to study the wildlife. Poor area to go clubbing. The whole town is literally just rows of student housing. House parties are very common, planning to live out dreams of 'Old School' well this is your place. OR... if you wish to study in solitude you can accomplish this as well...which is what I'm doing. If you have self-discipline you can reach great heights here...but don't expect much company from the student body in your pursuit of accomplishing schoolwork. The faculty and services? Lets start with the admissions, billing and financial aid. RETARDED. I transferred from working security at Frederick Community College and that campus has MORE students than Frostburg State. But the weird thing is...Frederick is more efficient, better equipped and overall excellent in customer service and knowledge of the system. When I came to Frostburg I was not informed of who to talk to about what, and all the departments do not talk to each other so you're basically going around asking the staff for help and they just divert you to a different dept. I seriously could give two shits less if they all lost their jobs...in a sudden and painful manner... Bottom line: THESE people need education from ME (as a veteran in small business skills)! They don't advertise with Google, they don't ask students anything, they don't work on work hours for the students instead dick around on computers and chat. My heart rate spikes when I think about them. I could go on ALL day about the failures as an organization...just be ready to do EVERYTHING YOURSELF. They WILL BE inept. All resources on this campus are pathetic and outdated. THE END. Sports teams are managed and trained as well as a pampered poodle. My high school (Linganore High) as some know is reputable for having a strong team. They would put up a great game against what i have seen as the so called 'football team'. Discipline here is non-existent.