Winter Park, FL
Full Sail University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Full Sail University

Kassi

I would actually go back and talk to my freshman self. I would tell my freshman self to get more involved, reach out more and study harder. Work on your education now so you can apply for scholarphips and get schooling paid for. Don't be so afraid to join in activities in school, you are not too cool for school. Get involved in the theater department behind the screen. Follow your passions and don't worry about everything else. Now that I have talked to my freshman self I woul tell my senior self to apply for more scholarships to pay for school look out side of the box. Try to not work so much and enjoy being a senior. It gose by way too fast. Absorb all the opprotunities that comes your way. Study, study and study. You will need to get good grades to get good scholarships and you WILL need the schoalrships. You don't want to have to work full time and go to school full time.

I felt very prepared when I came to this school. I had done a lot of research into this school before I decided to attend. I was looking into several different schools, before I decided on this one.

I would say the worst thing is there are one or two professors that really seam to not care about the students. I wish it was also cheaper but I think you find that with any school.

Micah

Full Sail's connections in the entertainment industry and their programs for post-grad success are what ultimately attracted me to the school. the fact that it's 3,000 miles away from home also helped, but not because I hate or even dislike my hometown, my family or my general life where I am. I simply have a strong desire to have a campus experience when I go to college, and I don't want any distractions from my school work by being close to home.

It might have been simpler to get a business degree from my dad's alma mater out of high school. But my relationship with him is better for not doing so, and I wouldn't be wholeheartedly pursuing what I love to do. When I was 12 years old I decided to be a musician. Granted, back then I wanted to be a rockstar, but holding on to that dream in the deepest recesses of my heart all these years caused me to discover that not only are there viable careers in the music industry, but there's such a thing as a bachelor of science in studio recording. In high school, the only thing I was ever told was "that's impossible." By now I don't have a lot of advice for myself six years ago as I wouldn't change what's happened for anything. It may be that all I have to say is this: Good job kid. Thanks for ignoring the naysayers. If providing people the opportunity to change themselves for the better on a mass scale is what you want, go for it. Dad was right about your hair, though. It's just bad.

Full Sail is a private for-profit organization, so financially going there is quite a bummer.

Shatina

need more scholarships because I need more funding help besides loans and out of pocket

Fun, hard working, ready for life person that want to go places and do things with what they learn.

Jaya

My School is best known for the oppurtunity it offers. This college is not with general majors like medicine or engineering. It is an art school with specific proffesions related to the entertainment industry. Hence it is a very dream like school.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, there is not one thing I would change or advice myself to do differently. High school days are the last days of your childhood. Hence they are better off the way they were spent. As long as I did not involve myself into something bad I was fine. Those days of innocence, extremeness, craziness and much more are not to come back anytime soon. Hence, I would calmly like to keep them as a beautiful memory to cherish later and not change a single second!

I have not yet came accross any such event or a thing that frustrated me. Though, nothing in life is perfect so one will always find good and bad everywhere they go.

Edgar

College is definitely not just about yourself. I've always been preached to go to college, grauduate, just focus on your studies, and do good everything. Get good grades, get a good job, live happily ever after. Everyone preaches that, parents, teachers, friends, but in my opinion it's one of those half truths. If it were that easy, there would be so many success stories, granted there are a lot, there would be so many more. The fact is, college, dare I say, is not just about you. The pessimistic view on college is that it's hard to finish, not many people do it. While on the other hand if you look at it there are countless people who do finish, and mind you finish well, not just slip through the cracks. The key to being successful in my eyes? Networking. There is too much focus on "me" in college. Interaction with people in the same degree, or even not in the same degree can give you a head start on the real world. The world has enough yes men, what it needs more of are leaders, people who can collaborate and create innovative ideas with other people.

Heavy Workloads, though to be expected from an accelerated program.

Sean

Dear Sean, I have the benefit of learning from mistakes you are about to make in your college selection that have given me the wisdom to guide you in this life decision. I chose the first college I went to because it was the least expensive option. The words, "you get what you pay for" have never rung truer. I did not learn what I had desired to learn. I had teachers that came to class and worked on their own freelance projects for whole semesters instead of teaching. I applied myself and read through the course books and learned what I could, but it was not the same as having an experienced mentor teach and guide me through projects. A free period is not free when you are paying to learn. After graduating with an Associate degree in Computer Animation, the career services department got me a job in manufacturing, and would not provide any more leads. They said they had fulfilled their responsibility to provide job leads though I did not work in my field. Understand that it is not enough to have a good “job placement” rate. Please, don't make this mistake. -Your older self.

The worst thing about Full Sail is the limited time to develop my portfolio. Time management, staying on task, and producing quality within the given time constraints are all honorable goals with payback in the professional world. However, I wish I could continue to develop my skill at computer animation and develop a portfolio that shows more depth of understanding, creativity, and skill. After going to college for a few years I took some time to work in the professional field and came to understand that having professional work to show is the best job recommendation I can get.

When I talk about Full Sail, I brag the most about the networking opportunities here. My school has taught computer animators that have worked on the movies Avatar, Frozen, and Captain America to name a few. The ability to network with classmates who will go on to do great things in their career is invaluable. I have learned that there is a lot of wisdom to the adage, "it's not what you know, it's who you know." Developing and maintaining relationships is critical to career advancement.

Bryant

To live without purpose is not to live at all. Without purpose, what would be our motivation to be alive? We would be mindless drones sulking around doing nothing if we did not have the drive to dowhat we feel we were made to do. Purpose is what makes us human beings latch on to dreams and what makes our short lives seem that much more precious. When you realize what your purpose or reason for living is, you put your all into making sure you excel whatever you think is the reason youwere put onto this world. You begin to think to yourself “It is always too soon to quit.” Feeling a sense of purpose help you realize that quitting get you nowhere. It is better to take whatever you are given because even through defeat, we learn something. When you quit, nothing is learned and you may never realize whether you would’ve succeeded. When you quit, it is a guaranteed defeat. Although we are not always on the winning side, having purpose pushes you to still see things through to the end. As humans, we'll try harder to succeed at whatever we put our minds to.

Tracie

I am going for the online program. I have yet to start, should be starting in August if all the paper work and Federial Aid is worked out.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self that advice I would give her would be to go to school. My high school senior self is getting reading for her senior year. I would let her know what kind of life her adult self is living. How she was abused in her first marriage, lonely in her second marriage, and the medical problems she faces due to the abuse of her first marriage. This, in hopes, of having my younger self to go to college instead of waiting to go in her late thirties and early forties. I would tell my younger self that attending college is important. That it will help her to achieve her dreams. It would also make her parents happy, that one of their children actually went to college and made something of their selves. I would also say that attending college will help her socially, make new friends. That she will realize there is life outside of a small town. I would tell her that she is smart, beautiful and strong. That she deserves better, to change her life. Going to college is the first step.

The worst thing about my school, not sure yet. I have yet to start my classes. Should be starting next month.

Moise

My school is best known for music. That's kind of how it all started. from recording in a small van to a huge campus over the years. It came out to be the most successful music school in America.

the advice iwould give myself is to save as much money as you can possible so that later on in the future you will have some money to actually help you out. Also, i would tell myself that you will need transportation to get to where you need to go. I would tell myself to make sure that I work on getting my own vehicles I will be able to travel back and forth from home for vacation to the start of school ON TIME. ANother thing I would say is to always sit in the front of the class when I am in the classroom and do my best to get to class 5 mininutes early before it starts. Thats pretty much it.

Esther

They have amazing programs where you can get a fully accredited degree, 100% online! And you get a mac with all the software you need.

1. Listen to the teachers, and cut class less. Even though I thought some of it did not apply to me, and would never get me anywhere, you never know what will come in handy later on in life. 2. I wish I would have thought about my plans for the future earlier. I could have accomplished a lot as an undergraduate, and instead spent the time after high school floundering around, making decisions I should have thought about much earlier. Plan, plan, plan. High school is a good time to do your research, weigh your options, and make educated decisions. 3. Enjoy the journey! (Which I did to an extent. These are memories you will treasure for the rest of your life. Make sure they are happy memories, and not memories you would be embarassed of.

Ambitious and determined, willing to work, and must enjoy working on a computer for extended periods of time.

Full Sail University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.