Full Sail University Top Questions

Honestly its pretty simple take your time and dont panic . Your gonna be fine just do your best and take it from there.

I would give the advice to myself that there are so many colleges out there to choose from but first I need to find what my passion is and what I am truly interested in. After I figure that out look for colleges that offer what I am interested in. Then finally, apply for those colleges and apply for scholarships to help pay for it as well as having financial aid. Keep steady with time management of studies and weigh social life and family. Do work ahead of time if possible, to the best of your ability.

Amelia

The best advice I could give would be that grades are extremely important. I know you may wonder why the heck do I need to know math or science if I know I would be using it but try your absolute best to get the best grade possible. It helps with college entry and with getting scholarships. Also, when chosing your college make sure you visit them and ask them any questions you have. You want to go to a college where you matter and are inspired to do well. It is also important to decide if you want to go out of state or in state because there are pros and cons to both and it mostly depends on your ability to stay organized, strong and be independent if you do decide to be away from family and friends. Do not take college so seriously, it is also important to have fun and create lasting memories while you are there. My best memories are hanging out and getting know my classmates. I have created long lasting relationships with them that are very much appreciated.

Shannon, the high school senior, This is future Shannon. I am telling you now, pay attention and do your best. Assert yourself in all of your classes and make good use of your time and resources. It is so important to go to college and high school is your last chance for free education. Make the most of it. The real world is a tough place and without an education, good jobs are hard to find. Focus on what you love to do, what interests you the most and make your career decision based on that. It is always better to work smarter, not harder. It is also important to save your money. College is not cheap and without scholarships, you will be paying back student loans for a while. Work hard during high school and save every penny you earn. You don't need the nicest car, that comes later. Having some money starting out is better than having no money. Even if it only pays for books for one semester, that's money you won't have to finance. One last thing... you can do it, no matter what it is. Have confidence in yourself. Future Shannon

The advice I would give myself is give every class my 110{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} my senior year. Even tho I took classes that didn't matter I still should of given it my 110{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}. This creates a healthy habit with classes that would of been very beneficial in college. Also, I would tell myself to network with people around me more.

Keep going! Allow yourself time to grow, and don't expect to get things right the first time or perfect the tenth time. Do love yourself and know your worth. You are as big as your dreams; you are the only one who doesn't see it yet. Be quick to love and to forgive, but keep in mind what people are capable of. Love God and don't forget there is a plan. There is so much to see and experience, so do not be so quick to fall in love: the love of your life will be unexpected.

Dalton

I would tell myself to do better in school to get a chance at more scholarships. I would also tell myself to check out multiple schools in order to find the best pricing because Full Sail is expensive. I would tell myself to look for a college that has a tuition cost of no more than about $10,000 an academic school year, or go for general classes at a 2 year college. The cheaper I could make my education would be nice because I am in a tight position with money right now.

Greg

Whether you are chasing after a dream or fighting to stay alive, never regret the choices you’ve made, especially if it’s a mistake. Things aren’t going to go the way you want. The days ahead of you will be wordlessly difficult and try to gnaw away at you in your sleep. Let not yourself be dominated by feelings of anxiety. The trials you face will aid in your growth.Remember to remember, to reminisce of fascinations that inspire. Hunt down your curiosities with hunger. Explore truths as well as lies. Living and loving are essential crafts to a fuller life, so relish in the moments. Should you forget everything else, at remember this above all else:Be brave.

Daryl

Growing up in a tough city like Detroit, Michigan, the first thing I would tell my high school self would be that there's a huge world outside the confines of the hood. I would encourage him that whatever he believed he could achieve, despite the defeating culture of the streets, was possible. I'd pull my teenage self over and let him know that the imagination he often held back from his peers because they might not think it' was cool, was special needed to be freed. I would let him know that the pull of the streets may lead to fast money, but also an empty future. I would tell him to focus, become an asset, a role model. I would encourage him to reconsider hanging with "so-called" friends that held him back, and seek out likeminded people who encouraged his growth, and success. Finally I would tell him to learn as much as he could, to absorb knowledge and set goals for success. I would assure him that if he sought these things, it wouldn't mater where he was from, only where he was going.

Felicia

I need to find a better community of people to word with. Make friends in my future fields and to not be so scare about money. To keep trying to apply to scholarships and to work harder at finding resoruces for them. The thought of money is scary, yes, but I am going to work hard and perhaps money will not be the problem anymore.

Frederick

Think big but start small, and start putting in systems/habbits that will allow you to develop more as a person.

christian

I would Start by telling myself to sign up for as many grants and scholarship as possible! If i wouldnt have blown that part of highschool graduation off because of my undecided mind i would definetly be a happier student! I would explain to myself that i need to do the fafsa sooner and to be prepared for the school and thati also need to be prepared for the family issues that i am facing currently. I would in short prepare myself for this moment here.

Kassi

I would actually go back and talk to my freshman self. I would tell my freshman self to get more involved, reach out more and study harder. Work on your education now so you can apply for scholarphips and get schooling paid for. Don't be so afraid to join in activities in school, you are not too cool for school. Get involved in the theater department behind the screen. Follow your passions and don't worry about everything else. Now that I have talked to my freshman self I woul tell my senior self to apply for more scholarships to pay for school look out side of the box. Try to not work so much and enjoy being a senior. It gose by way too fast. Absorb all the opprotunities that comes your way. Study, study and study. You will need to get good grades to get good scholarships and you WILL need the schoalrships. You don't want to have to work full time and go to school full time.

Micah

It might have been simpler to get a business degree from my dad's alma mater out of high school. But my relationship with him is better for not doing so, and I wouldn't be wholeheartedly pursuing what I love to do. When I was 12 years old I decided to be a musician. Granted, back then I wanted to be a rockstar, but holding on to that dream in the deepest recesses of my heart all these years caused me to discover that not only are there viable careers in the music industry, but there's such a thing as a bachelor of science in studio recording. In high school, the only thing I was ever told was "that's impossible." By now I don't have a lot of advice for myself six years ago as I wouldn't change what's happened for anything. It may be that all I have to say is this: Good job kid. Thanks for ignoring the naysayers. If providing people the opportunity to change themselves for the better on a mass scale is what you want, go for it. Dad was right about your hair, though. It's just bad.

Shatina

Go to Full Sail first and stick with it

Jaya

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, there is not one thing I would change or advice myself to do differently. High school days are the last days of your childhood. Hence they are better off the way they were spent. As long as I did not involve myself into something bad I was fine. Those days of innocence, extremeness, craziness and much more are not to come back anytime soon. Hence, I would calmly like to keep them as a beautiful memory to cherish later and not change a single second!

Edgar

College is definitely not just about yourself. I've always been preached to go to college, grauduate, just focus on your studies, and do good everything. Get good grades, get a good job, live happily ever after. Everyone preaches that, parents, teachers, friends, but in my opinion it's one of those half truths. If it were that easy, there would be so many success stories, granted there are a lot, there would be so many more. The fact is, college, dare I say, is not just about you. The pessimistic view on college is that it's hard to finish, not many people do it. While on the other hand if you look at it there are countless people who do finish, and mind you finish well, not just slip through the cracks. The key to being successful in my eyes? Networking. There is too much focus on "me" in college. Interaction with people in the same degree, or even not in the same degree can give you a head start on the real world. The world has enough yes men, what it needs more of are leaders, people who can collaborate and create innovative ideas with other people.

Dear Sean, I have the benefit of learning from mistakes you are about to make in your college selection that have given me the wisdom to guide you in this life decision. I chose the first college I went to because it was the least expensive option. The words, "you get what you pay for" have never rung truer. I did not learn what I had desired to learn. I had teachers that came to class and worked on their own freelance projects for whole semesters instead of teaching. I applied myself and read through the course books and learned what I could, but it was not the same as having an experienced mentor teach and guide me through projects. A free period is not free when you are paying to learn. After graduating with an Associate degree in Computer Animation, the career services department got me a job in manufacturing, and would not provide any more leads. They said they had fulfilled their responsibility to provide job leads though I did not work in my field. Understand that it is not enough to have a good “job placement” rate. Please, don't make this mistake. -Your older self.

Bryant

To live without purpose is not to live at all. Without purpose, what would be our motivation to be alive? We would be mindless drones sulking around doing nothing if we did not have the drive to dowhat we feel we were made to do. Purpose is what makes us human beings latch on to dreams and what makes our short lives seem that much more precious. When you realize what your purpose or reason for living is, you put your all into making sure you excel whatever you think is the reason youwere put onto this world. You begin to think to yourself “It is always too soon to quit.” Feeling a sense of purpose help you realize that quitting get you nowhere. It is better to take whatever you are given because even through defeat, we learn something. When you quit, nothing is learned and you may never realize whether you would’ve succeeded. When you quit, it is a guaranteed defeat. Although we are not always on the winning side, having purpose pushes you to still see things through to the end. As humans, we'll try harder to succeed at whatever we put our minds to.

Tracie

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self that advice I would give her would be to go to school. My high school senior self is getting reading for her senior year. I would let her know what kind of life her adult self is living. How she was abused in her first marriage, lonely in her second marriage, and the medical problems she faces due to the abuse of her first marriage. This, in hopes, of having my younger self to go to college instead of waiting to go in her late thirties and early forties. I would tell my younger self that attending college is important. That it will help her to achieve her dreams. It would also make her parents happy, that one of their children actually went to college and made something of their selves. I would also say that attending college will help her socially, make new friends. That she will realize there is life outside of a small town. I would tell her that she is smart, beautiful and strong. That she deserves better, to change her life. Going to college is the first step.

Moise

the advice iwould give myself is to save as much money as you can possible so that later on in the future you will have some money to actually help you out. Also, i would tell myself that you will need transportation to get to where you need to go. I would tell myself to make sure that I work on getting my own vehicles I will be able to travel back and forth from home for vacation to the start of school ON TIME. ANother thing I would say is to always sit in the front of the class when I am in the classroom and do my best to get to class 5 mininutes early before it starts. Thats pretty much it.

Esther

1. Listen to the teachers, and cut class less. Even though I thought some of it did not apply to me, and would never get me anywhere, you never know what will come in handy later on in life. 2. I wish I would have thought about my plans for the future earlier. I could have accomplished a lot as an undergraduate, and instead spent the time after high school floundering around, making decisions I should have thought about much earlier. Plan, plan, plan. High school is a good time to do your research, weigh your options, and make educated decisions. 3. Enjoy the journey! (Which I did to an extent. These are memories you will treasure for the rest of your life. Make sure they are happy memories, and not memories you would be embarassed of.

Reba

The advice I would give to my high school senior self would be to not slack off and to go with my first instincts. You know what you want to do in life and where you want to go, where you will ultimately end up so just grow up and make the decisions now! You don't need to sit back and 'take it easy' or 'feel out the world' for three years. Daylight is burning, we're only getting older.

ISABELLA

I never realized how much high school molded me in to the person I am today. Everyday I would pout, saying "This is waste of life, I want to start living my dreams already"! It wasn't until my acceptance letter to Full Sail that I realized my adult life was going to being soon; and man how tough it was starting out to be. The bills, the responsibilty, aplying for loans, finding a suitable roomate, the survival is intense! The one thing I wish I could go back and do over is take my high school years serious. I'd tell myself to quit worrying about the future and focus on today, live my life with excitment and not be impatient. I'd also remind myself to be responsible with the money I earn, it's critical to save that money for tuition; spending it ridiculously will cost you. I'd remind myself also to enjoy every moment, learn, and listen from Mom beacause leaving her behind will be the most devasting feeling you will ever get, beacause now, you're taking care of your own self. Don't be a fool without a planned dream.

I would tell myself to stay motviated and dont ever try to do less than what you can already do. Stay positive throughout the semesters, get as much help as you can, push through the last few days oof school, always go higher than what you can achieve and stay consistent at it, that way you wont fall short and get off track when you go to a university. Remember that the more you complete in high school and the more scholariships you attain for college, the better chance and success you'll have in college and throughout the rest of your life. Listen to advice when given and try to help out as much as you can.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself don’t be afraid of anything, give your all in every single class, and mentality is important. Don’t be afraid to pick the brain of all your instructors, lab assistants, because, their combination of knowledge and skill in whatever the subject matter is, is invaluable. The extra time you spend gaining knowledge can and will be the defining moment of your career or job opportunity when you come face to face with that exact situation. There is a bonus to dedicating your self in this manner. And that is, not only do you gain the respect of your professors but you also create a connection that will be an open door into your career goal as well as a resource of knowledge that will help you to avoid pitfalls that are common among individuals trying to find there way. Mentally is another piece of advice I’d give myself. Your mind has to be serious to the degree that you wont allow anyone, anything, even yourself to get in your way of your goal. You have to know that anything is possible if you believe and work hard.

Lauren-Olivia

I would tell my high school self to calm down and take a breath. I would tell her that it's all a process and it will all come in time. I would tell her the Master's program will be here before she knows it and to enjoy the experience. I would tell her to not let the little things stress her out but just take it in stride.

I would get my drivers liscense sooner and a job. My Mom does what she can but I wish I had saved up for school as it has been hard to get financing. Because of where I live access to community is very difficult as I am 20 mins. away and you need to drive as walking is to far. I would have like to have done more school lactivities like sports or clubs. Really listened to my Mom more.

Being out of high school for almost five years is a really long time. Christina, you could ask me what we're doing and where we're living and what's our job? But I don't think you would like the progress we made in five years. I thought about it every day since we graduated from high school, we had dreams and goals. What happened to our inspiration and our drive to succeed? We let unnecessary things get in the way of what we truly wanted. It's never too late to turn it all around. I'm going back to college for our bachelors in something I know we dreamed about doing for a long time. Christina, we got our associates in fine arts but it took us almost four years to get. We somehow lost our way. Christina, my advice to you, to us, is to never lose sight of your dreams. Don't lose focus on what's right in front of you. We have what it takes to succeed and go beyond what we ever imagined. Christina, you’re a senior, let's make this count and show everyone to never give up.

Laz

I wouldn't change much. I would probably tell myself that I should suck it up and go to college because i would be done with it and be working in a career that i would love. Also i would have told me to take the SATs and also to do all this while I was still living at home.

Dear High School Senior Self,Did you ever expect to become Pima Community College’s Student Government President? Graduated with an Associates Degree in Liberal Arts with a 3.4 GPA? What about moving to Florida to attend your dream school? Well guess what! All of those questions are just a few major accomplishments you have successfully achieved! Your exceptional work came from the idea to better yourself. Challenge yourself to get out and do something worthwhile! What can hurt? Taking the initiative to commit to challenges and expanding your knowledge towards leadership will be key to your future success. It might be rough but do not give up on your dreams no matter how many professors, family or friends discourage your dreams! Stand up, be strong and say, “Yes” to any opportunity that has been placed in your hands.In May 2013, you will complete nine months of your Music Business Degree at Full Sail University with a 4.0 GPA! You will be moving to Florida to continue your brilliant education. Always advise yourself throughout college and life, to take on challenges of education, leadership and diverse experiences. You will succeed in your dream career!Love, Future Self

I can see my high school self, sitting across from me with a strange confidence as he holds his head high. He is slightly disgusted as I lit a cigarette. I noticed his distaste, a smile slivers across my face. “Yeah, don’t start this habit. She’s not worth it”. He wonders who she is and I change the subject. “In the next seven years of your life a lot is going to happen. Many good things and just as many bad things are ahead of you; but don’t worry, I will get to that.” I recline back as sweat trembles down his brow. “You have hopes & dreams, you act confident but are scared to death, trust me I remember. Just because things don’t go your way, doesn’t mean it is a bad thing. There are plenty of things that are going to happen that are going to upset you, but that’s a part of life; roll with the punches.” He asks me questions, dying to know what he should be warned about. My smile continues as I reply, “The things I’d warn you about, are the lessons you need to learn the most.”

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself that it is not a big deal to become a part of the "in" crowd and what they are all doing. There is a reason I am unique and it is quite beautiful. That's the way God made me and I should not have to change to find friends.

Great advice to my high school self, all the drama that happend in high school? Forget about it, you are entering the real world and none of that matters. Think about the bills you are going to have to pay after you graduate and live on your own, the great thing is once you graduate, you will be working on what you loved most, music entertainment industry! Keep your head up, there will be challenges a long the way. Even if leaving your friends and family behind in a different city, state, or country, they will always stick with you forever, it is best to follow your dream and be happy. you can achieve anything, nothing is holding you back. be prepared for the real world, it maye be cruel, but the world can also treat you well if your do your part and do not get inflicted with the wrong crowd. do your research, go the extra mile and look for more things than you need. dont just rely on univeristy knowledge, read articles, watch documentaries and you will be able to do fine in life.

nylayne

With all you energy and love for people, go into the health profession. Do it now before life happens to you. It will better equip you with knowledge that you can share with others through their journey in life. You will make friends that will last a life time. So don’t be satisfied with this milestone in your life. Use it as a catapult to propel you further into who you can become. Use it as a blessing to reach those who will need you. Believe me, when you look to make a difference in other people’s lives, it will make all the difference in yours. Now get out there and GO. I Love You.

laura

I would have to tell myself to start saving money. I use to believe that I was pretty good at saving money until college came. I also would have to remind myself to get ready for the culture shock that I endured moving from a small town from Georgia to Orlando, Florida. The best thing I could tell myself though would be to get through high school because you will love college life.

save money and go to a community college first and give yourself time to figure out what you really want to do in life

Rebecca, You are about to make a huge transition in your life. Now is the time to really buckle down and stay on top of things. You have no room to slack off. You've cross that bridge and entered in to the world of independence. From here on out, you have to go hard and put in more than what is required, especially if you want to be successful. Be prepared for endless nights of studying, the tears of fustration, and say goodbye to the party life. Embrass this oppurtunity with open arms, you actually have the chance to make a differnce in this world, you have the chance to leave a mark to say "I Was Here". I know it seems scary beacuse it's a whole new world. Remember, you can do it! You've made it this far, so why stop now? As long as you keep God first, stay organize, manage you time, and communicate with you professors. You will be successful. Believe in yourself, know what you are made of. Remember, you're a master piece . At this point, leave your pride, fears and worries. You are cappable of doing something great. Get Ready!

victoria

I would advise myself to take time, look at different things, and do the work you need to do to get good grades and get into a college of your choice. Study more and do your homeowrk, thats all you need to do to succeed. Mostly just take your time with things, dont rush make sure you are making the right choices that will benifit you the most in life.

Derek

Dear Derek, Congratulations. You were accepted into Full Sail University, your dream school. Make sure as soon as you graduate that you apply for it immediately, instead of taking the few years at the community college. Transitioning into college is rough, believe me. It’s going to cost a lot, so start applying for scholarships EARLY. Get off your butt and start writing some essays, and diving into the deep confines of the internet to find some good ones. You’ll be living on your own, so start saving up and working on independence. Trust me, you will need a decent surplus of money to be able to stand on your own two feet out in the world. You will have food, a car payment, and many books to handle, which will cost quite a bit. Don’t get discouraged and stay strong. You have a goal in life and that is to become the best game developer you can. Just stick to your course and stay on the path, and you will make it. Good luck, -Derek

Daniella

If I could go back to when I was in high school and give myself some advise some of the advise I would give to myself would be, learn to be more of a leader. Most of the activies and assignments that I have been a part of there is always a team leader to organize everything. The leader need to have great social skills as well as organization skills. Learning to lead a small group in high school can help you later in college when having to work with other degree prgams. Most of your team members will also be older, so learning to take the lead over some of your peers will be great to know. I would also recommend never to procrastinate on assignment or group projects because it just stresses everyone out. Some of these things I wish I could have told myself back in high school to be ready for college.

Meagan

"Focusing and working hard in high school is far more important than you realize, it's important that you take advantage of this final year and truly apply yourself. It is important to make a game-plan and start preparing for college now and it's equally important to remember what matters most to you. Don't choose a school in order to get a financially rewarding career. Choose a school that will get you a financially, spiritually, and emotionally rewarding career. Follow your passion and do something you love doing, if you do, you'll never truly work another day in your life. Start applying for scholarships as soon as possible, write essays until your fingers hurt, put the work in now to make the road easier to travel by later on. You have all the strength, drive, and talent you need, all of the necessary resources are within you. Take advantage and do something amazing with your life, you're far too smart to be the only person standing in your way. Go be great."

Apply for as many scholarships as possible, and work as hard as you possibly can. This school is not for the faint of heart.

Jock

Lisin Jock, this is the most imporant thing you need to know about your up coming years. Dont just jump in to a school because, there closer to home. Or its cheaper to a attend a commuity college then a university. It is cheaper BUT is the education better? The school you always wanted to attend to in those game magizines you always looked at, was not just a ad. Jock there were a sign for you to get more info and attended to. This might sound crazy but this is the school you always wanted to attend to and learn from. Fullsail is the school that you wanted to be. These teachers really care what you think, and how you learn. Your class mates think the same way you do, and willing to help you at and maybe be long time friends in the industry. Remember Jock its not about how much school gonna cost you now! but the high quilaty of the education that will change you and make you the best student/coworker. Meaning you will get the grades you desier and want as well, the salary that you wanted and benifit you and your familly.

If could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself many things. The most important thing I would tell myself is Scholarships are very important and not to take them for granded. Because free money comes in handy, but you have to work hard for them. Not only that but I would tell myself cherish being young because you will never get that back. And once your off to college you have to think as an adult and make big decisions. I would also tell myself never to give up when the hard times come and there will be many rode blocks to come I just have to be ready for it. These are the things i would tell myself if I could go back to senior year.

I would advise myself to take school seriously, and to learn enough about business and marketing to at least kickstart a personal career. I would stress how easy it can be to become distracted by too many new experiences and environments, and that it can sometimes be difficult to stay focused on the goal and the point of being in school in the first place.

I would tell myself not to get married. I was a "love-struck" young girl who married a man in the military. Life as a single college student would have been less complicated and a lot easier.

Follow your instincts, and make the most of your work and school experiences.

charles

I would tell my self to get in to college sooner.

The advice I would give myself if I were allowed to go back in time and talk to a younger me is truly, to go for my dreams. I always dreamt of doing something creative, but self-control and responsibility kept me from exploring my creative talents. My parents taught me that the best way to ensure my success is to go to school and learn history, grammar, and math. The arts were always put in the shadows and considered unimportant. I see now that I could have spent all my primary and secondary school years learning to draw, sing, act and dance, like I always wanted to. The most important things to learn are motivation, confidence, and self-assurance. I wish that as a Senior, I knew I would be able to find a college that would teach me how to harness my skills and talents to work in the artistic fields I have always loved. Luckily, I now see that art is as important as all the other things I learned, and that FullSail University is there to help me learn all I ever wanted to.