Full Sail University

« See more reviews of Full Sail University

After having completed high school and becoming a parent at the age of 19, I honestly do wish I knew what I know now about how much hard work and determination is needed in school from the days of middle school until graduating high school. Those are the important years that as a person we develop and form who we become for the rest of our lives. I was an average student then, but even though I finished high school and had i known how the amount of hard work to put in I would have done so much better.

I wish I had known how crazy the schedules are. I have classes 8 hours a day 5,6,sometimes 7 days a week. Sometimes I get classes from 5pm-5am 4 hour break then go back from 9am-1pm. It gets so hectic and stressful. I also wished I had known how hard it was going to find funding for my school. So many banks don't have private student loans for my school. 2 banks has recently dropped our school for funding which has me searching for scholarships.

Full Sail was very thorough and clear about their program demands and requirements for success. So far, there is nothing that I wish I had known. However, I was very persistent in researching and meeting with many key people to ask specific questions about campus life, course time requirements and additional information that one would need to know to ensure success as a student there.

Before I came to this school or even before I had graduated I wish I would have known how hard it was going to be to get funding for school. I would have started sooner and done as much as humanly possible to get funding to attend school, I would have had to have worked 2 full-time jobs to just afford living expenses. I wish I would have known more ways to get funding as well.

I wish I knew how to play an instrument before I came to Full Sail University. This school is full of creative and artistic students trying to break into the entertainment business. Many of the students that go to this university play instruments and are in bands that I would love to be apart of. Knowing how to play something would of given me better networking opportunities.

Actually, I was very well-informed about starting classes at Full Sail University. The student liason made sure that I knew everything before my start date. If I had questions, a simple email would take care of it. The staff at Full Sail keeps in contact with you throughout your courses and makes sure your grades are not slipping. They are very encouraging and concerned.

I wish I would have had a better grasp on what my living expenses and tuition was going to be like. I had a good idea what it was going to be like but it is a total different story once I started. I have learned a lot from this school, I just wish I knew more what it was going to do to me financially.

I do not believe there is any one thing that I wish I had known prior to attending Full Sail, with the exception of how much college costs. Upon receiving a brochure for Full Sail I found out all I could about the school and I knew right off that this was the place for me to be! And how right I am!

The main thing I wish I had known before I came to Full Sail is how to use a Mac. They send you a MacbookPro for you to utilize during schooling, and switching from Windows to Mac is quite a challange. I only wish I knew more about the Mac interface before I had to start my classes.

I wish I would have known how difficult it sometimes can be to get ahold of my professors; however, I keep from stressing by reading over the assignments as soon as they are assigned. That way, I can ask any questions I may have many days prior to the assignments' due dates.