Full Sail University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Full Sail University

Gabriel

Full Sail is a growing establishment. They want their students to succeed. If you are and believe in your dreams they will care and believe in your dreams and do what it takes to help you achieve success. They are very diverse and hands on. Also their roster of employees and teachers are monumental. If you want to master your craft, full sail is absolutely the place to go.

Carl

Now they they have completed the Armanda the egaming Scene has a new and prosperous meaning. Win Big at playing serious gamers only. Thanks. Call of Duty and Black Ops can be very rewarding. I also just learned that as a Film student I can join the Music Video Club. And have fun creating new treatments in music videos creation. And have fun doing a very educational curriculum.

Samuel

I have always been looking to go to the school since before I joined the US Navy then I just been doing music and now at a point I need the extra knowledge. I have been in music my whole life from church to school and. Now a farther want to be better. There staff is wonderful and very helpful as are the students

Darneisha

My opinion of Full Sail University is it is a very diverse school. I really enjoy attending this school. I love how energetic the students are and how they involve each other to fun events. The classes are really flexible and the teachers allow you to makeup work that was missed.

Bitania

Excellent experience! Comprehensive, relevant, and innovative education that is for today. If you're an artist and you would love to be in a school with an overall great spirit, and creatively challenging courses, Full Sail is it. I have never personally enjoyed my education to such a degree. A student must be ambitious, self-reliant, and gritty to make sure they are contributing to their own creative education by making everyday an effort to sharpen their skills. Intellect is not enough here, specialized skills take veracious commitment. At its core, that is what this institution values.

Christopher

Full Sail University is one of the most important art induced colleges in the continental United States, although it may not be perfect, I am proud to be part of this place and call myself a Fullsailer. This university is definitely a dream come true for any person passionate in the areas of film production, music production, video game design and, entertainment business.

joshua

im ready to start.

reginald

Full sail is a phenomenal school to go to the work might overwhelm you but it’s worth it in the end. They have the WWE performing at the school. We all got the newest MacBooks with there jumpstart program so everyone is prepared. They also have the biggest esports arena in the country. If you haven’t thought about going to Full Sail University what are you waiting for.

It is an awesome school and great teachers. It has many opportunities for any individual looking to further their academic journey. They have music, gaming, film, and technology degrees available. You can maintain a bachelor degree in two years. I am in the cinematography program and loving it.

Tatiana

My time on campus at Full Sail University has been an overwhelming yet exciting experience. I've met so many interesting people that are passionate about their goals. All the instructors always seem enthusiastic and happy to educate each and every one of us. Although the schedule can get crazy, life has become so much more spontaneous at Full Sail.

Full Sail University is the dream school that I never thought I'd love as much as I do. I am a transfer student who went to two different fairly large universities before I transferred, both schools I hated. The classes felt disconnected, there was too much emphasis on greek life, sports, and the party scene, and the housing situations were crappy, to say the least. I transferred because I wanted to attend a place that cared about my education, valued my skills, and taught me how to better those skills so I can make it in the entertainment industry. Full Sail has been that place and more. If you want to make games, music, movies, or work with the latest tech, this school will open so many doors that'll get you into those AAA studios, or on the backlot of huge Hollywood films.

KEVIN

FULL SAIL UNIVERSITY IS VERY NON TRADITIONAL. THAT EXPLAINS ME, TOO! NEVER FITTING INTO THE 'REGULAR' COLLEGE ROUTINE, AT 30 I EVENTUALLY FINISHED MY AA ONLINE. ONE DAY, SITTING ON A TRACTOR, AFTER THE CLOSE OF A COMMUNITY THEATER PLAY I DIRECTED, I SUDDENLY JUST KNEW I HAD TO FIND A UNIVERSITY THAT FIT ME AND WOULD LET ME DO WHAT I LOVED, NOT HATED. I WANTED TO GET UP IN THE MORNING AND SMILE.......READY TO GO, GO, GO. I FOUND FULL SAIL UNIVERSITY IN WINTER PARK, FLORIDA. I HAVE HAD A CAMPUS VISIT, LOOKED FOR HOUSING, TALKED WITH MANY DEPARTMENTS AND PROFESSORS. I'M READY TO GO, GO, GO! I CAN HARDLY WAIT! THE SCHOOL IS INTENSE, WHICH IS AWESOME, BUT A BIT COST PROHIBITIVE! I WILL SIT ON A TRACTOR UNTIL AFTER HARVEST, BUT BACK AT WORK I FEEL LIKE I HAVE ALREADY RESIGNED AND MY MIND IS ON FULL SAIL. IT'S THE MOST EXCITED I'VE FELT IN 10 YEARS. I BELIEVE I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS - WELL, ALL EXCEPT THE CASH! I WILL FIND THE WAY NO MATTER WHAT, BUT IT WOULD BE OUTSTANDING TO EARN A SCHOLARSHIP TO HELP! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

Vesta

A very convenient school, that works with your schedule. Even being online they keep you update to date and make sure you stay on track.

Kierstan

Full Sail is a fantastic school. While it does have a few downsides, the pros most definitely outweigh the cons. Full Sail teaches industry standard material, is very hands on and fast paced. The are a school driven on the mentality to prepare you for the industries you want to go into. They have a wide field of art related degrees, the specifics of which can be hard to find in other colleges. But the best part of Full Sail, to me, is the environment. Full Sail is a 24 hour school dedicated to art its students. It teaches you everything you need to know in a condensed, rapid fire way. This means you are constantly challenged and pushed to go above and beyond you limits or what you may Percival them as. But not only that, you are completely surrounded by like-minded people with the same love and passion for art on all sides. It is a creative environment like little else I have found! While yes there are no on campus housing, there are many apartments available all around the campus. There is no cafeteria, but there are more than three full restaurants and three fast food places on campus. There are no extracurricular activities, but the live venue constantly has student showcases and events for its students. Not to mention the monthly live wrestling matches. And really, Full Sail is for learning, you come to learn hard and learn fast, not for the clubs or to party.

Dario

I haven't went to the school yet, but I have visited the campus and seen people there. Spoke with a lot of people who is going there, is there, and who graduated from there. I have fell in love with the place. I can't wait to go.

Simone

Full Sail is a small community of self-driven creative individuals. You can easily find people you can network with and share similar interest. The campus is very clean, it's not spotless but what campus is really? Just open space to be proud of your work and who you are as a person.

Eden

Full Sail University was the one and only university that I applied for when I was a Junior in high school. I didn't bother applying anywhere else because I knew that Full Sail University was where I wanted to be. Full Sail has amazing faculties, and the sense of community among your classmate peers whether you are studying online or campus. In my case, I was online, but never felt left out. I was well involved. Plus, when introduce myself to a new teacher each month, I make note to them that I am Deaf. They are super accommodating and considerate for me. If I could afford it, I would always attend there and complete all degrees.

Cristian

So far, Full Sail is exactly what I hoped for. A school where all the unnecessary fluff is thrown out the window and where people come here knowing exactly what they want to do. Those who don't find out very quickly. The environment is perfect for people who are passionate about Games, Film, Music, Digital Arts, and Art in general. The friends you make here will be your future partners, coworkers, and connections to the industry.

Edgar

Great University! Especially for Art & Media. Very recognized in the industry. All the staff is very friendly and very helpful. They work with the students and try to help you the best way possible. The professors know their stuff, and very passionate. I don't regret coming to this university. I'll definitely recommend it to anyone. Thanks!

Marisa

Full Sail University has tons of fancy gadgets and bright lights to "wow" their visitors and bring in the big bucks. While I appreciate the experience, I also felt that the price I paid was more than my education is actually worth. My degree is nationally accredited, not regionally accredited (what most colleges are), and so my credits probably won't transfer. So in essence, I have a $85,000 piece of paper that isn't good for a ton of stuff. I also feel like the life-time assistance in career placement isn't all that amazing, and being tens of thousands of dollars in debt means having a job to pay back the costly loans I took out to afford school would be the best return on investment. Alas, it isn't all it's cracked up to be in that respect. I think they just have too many people to assist, with new graduates every month, and they slack on anyone who isn't in that 0-3 month window of post-graduation. However, if you're willing to take on the debt and permanent life as a "pixel gypsy", this college is for you. The skills taught were incredibly helpful for landing my first job working on AAA movie titles and feeling like I belonged there. I would definitely recommend this school for anyone who does ALL of their research and truly wants what this industry can provide for them - or whoever wants to provide everything they can to this industry.

Mercedes

I love the versatility and resources offered by FSU. Students are only as good as the work and effort they put in. It's not meant to be a cookie cutter program that will shape students into a particular mold but a creative environment where they provide guidance while allowing students to grow in the direction they want to go. I've had great support throughout the program.

Laci

Honestly, out of all the schools I have ever visited, Full Sail was the only place that I ever felt comfortable. It's absolutely incredible. All the faculty, even admissions, receptionists, and financial aid were all kind. They weren't cold or indifferent. They actually treat you like you're a person. They don't have housing on the campus, but they are willing to walk you through every single step of finding housing in apartments that they have contracts with. The entire school is focused on creating real-life scenarios to help students adjust to the kind of life that they'll be living once they go into their respective careers. It's also beautiful. They have concerts and game rooms and drawing tablets. They have immersion rooms to replicate scenarios like flying a plane. It includes the runway with wall screens, smells, sounds, and wind to complete the entire scene. The school also has virtual reality testing with head gear games and machines that allow you to experience sky diving. The university is a place surrounded by art, games, and music, yet it doesn't disregard the importance of education.

Candace

I dont know

Ariell

I'm only in my first week of the school but everyone who doesn't even know I go to the school whether on-campus or off-campus has been extremely helpful and inviting. Their staff and students are spectacular. This is the best school for wanting to further your career and have a lifetime right-hand man. They will most definitely help you even after you graduate.

Neivette

Full Sail is a university in which we are able to be students who think outside the box. It is a university in which we are able to network with other students interested in either the same thing or something different as well as being able to network with industry professionals. All in all, it is a university in which we are given what we need to succeed but we have to work for it.

Kamau

Full Sail has the best program for those who don't prefer a regular four year school. It allows the student to actually live like a professional in their field, and take only two years to complete a bachelor's degree. So you can get right into your career. It is the best choice for creative people.

Sydney

Full Sail University is a very creative school. Since the day that I began my enrollment process, Full Sail and its affiliated staff have done nothing but bring me closer to my desired career in Show Production. The staff that they hire is considerate of each student and their desire for the real world education. There are not many 'creative' schools out there that provide curriculum and experiences like Full Sail. Specifically in my degree, I have learned so much by being places in a 'mock' example of a live concert/production, THAT is the real world education. If it weren't for Full Sail, I would not be pursuing my passion.

Mike

During my research for colleges, Full Sail was my only choice. It offered me everything I needed: an online course, on-campus facilities, and a fantastic suite of equipment. I couldn't be happier with it. The teachers are always available and answer quickly. The material is presented in an easy-to-digest manner.

Jasmine

If you want to learn how to be a part of the entertainment industry in a relatively short amount of time, then this just might be the place. A lot of people complain that Full Sail's curriculum is very difficult and rigorous if you don't put the work into it. That is VERY true. Each class is about 3-4 weeks - that right there is a full term in Full Sail. Most of the time, you have a weekly deadline for assignments. Sometimes, you only have two days and you won't know about it unless you're constantly checking the school's website. I'm currently in the extended program where you only take one class a month, three days a week, for a total of 22-26 months for my degree program (Computer Animation). Other students are in the regular program where they do two classes a month, six days a week. If you plan on entering this school, please be aware of the amount of time and dedication you are willing to put into this school. You will NOT have a lot of free time. The only day you will not be scheduled classes for is Sunday - and more often than not, Sunday is your deadline day. Your classes can be from 9am-5pm one month and then 5pm-1am another. Full Sail expects you to manage your time and manage yourself - there is very little hand holding outside of initial instruction and additional help that you will have to seek out yourself. However, even though I've said all of this - I wouldn't trade going here to anywhere else. This school lives and breathes on entertainment. Every day, the professors are very likely to walk into the class and gush about the newest game or movie they have played or seen before getting into instruction. There's a school event almost every week and the school is very proud of its alumni and the current students. Walking through the hallways, you're going to be drowned by all the work that current students have made while attending - and they're always switching out every couple of months. You will have people from professional media businesses walking through the hallways on a regular basis. There are walls literally filled with names of popular media such as "Finding Nemo" or "Game of Thrones" and lists of alumni who have worked on them. Full Sail University prides itself on its immersive and real-time experience on the job with the degree programs it offers. Cons: No campus housing - Full Sail does offer a housing guide and a system for rooming students together as long as you request it beforehand. For Profit/Expensive - My tuition is about $80,000, which is going to be about the same price for most of the degree programs. The good thing is that Full Sail offers a wide variety of scholarships. I did, in fact, win a $16,000 scholarship with an essay before switching out for a $35,000 scholarship that can't be used with any other Full Sail Scholarship. The school does allow external scholarships. Rigorous - All my teachers so far have opened class on the same basis: If you do not have the drive to work hard in their class, you will fail. You only have a month to learn the subject material of one class and you are then expected to apply what you've learned in the future. If you fail it, you will have to take it again. Pros: Accredited - Full Sail is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education (CIE), Florida Department of Education. Immersive Job Experience - You will be taking a class for at least 8 hours a day. Most of that time is spent working on the classwork. For instance, in my Model Creation class, we would spend about 2 hours on lecture before given the next 6 hours to work on our weekly assignment, modeling objects for a kitchen scene. If you're in game design chances are that near the end of the time at Full Sail, you have already made a beta version of your game and have sent a notice on the Full Sail website asking students (and possibly professors) to test it for you. School Events - The school events are the life of Full Sail. Yesterday (May 24th), they held a Veterans Day block party with food and contests with prizes. And don't even get me started on Hall of Fame week. It's an entire week dedicated to alumni coming back to Full Sail to share what they have learned in their industry and critique student portfolios. Full Sail students are put in charge of the lighting, special effects, and music for most of the time, including the final event: the Hall of Fame induction ceremony where a group of alumni have their achievements permanently made a part of Full Sail's Hall of Fame area. This is an area where every student has to go into at some point during their career at Full Sail, usually multiple times. There are no classes that week so every student is encouraged to come out and celebrate. Summary: Full Sail University is a fantastic school filled with opportunity - but if you're not willing to handle the cons, then I advise you to check out another school. However, I still recommend at least getting in touch with an adviser just to see what Full Sail can do for you.

Demetri

It is a very innovative school. The state of the art technology is on point. They are up to date with all the current issues conerning video game designs. I love how the teachers are readily available and knowledgeable about the video game world. Great place to study and learn.

Chino

A good place for college, I don't know a whole lot about it yet but it is shaping up to be a good place. I would prefer if more things were clearer and in writing. Other than that, it seems like a good place. As there is no On-Campus housing, finding an apartment is certainly difficult but Full Sail helps students with the rates and such by having the apartments offer discounts to students.

roy

full sail university speaks for itself, striving for the best to be the best for all of there student to become successful in any field they offer; everyone from the counsilors to the teachers care for the student life to stop retention and push graduation.

Karen

Full Sail is a fast paced school, and I say that as an online student. If you need help, you need to reach out to receive it. So far, this school has done right by me. When I enrolled at this school, I was not sure how to feel about it, but after being here for awhile, it has been a good experience.

NeAzja

From what I've seen so far I'm actually really excited to attend. The alumni I've spoken with are also very satisfied with their experience attending this college. As an average student I wish tuition for my desired programs weren't so pricey but based on the success stories I've heard I guess I can sort of understand it. During the tour everyone on staff seemed very friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy working there so that's a pretty good sign.

JaLynn

Full Sail University is a very nice college that reach all the requirements. They have teachers with experience with the high class film industry, different programs, a spacious campus, and the students are kind. I just think that it’s very expensive.

Jorge

I think that Full-sail is a very good school for those committed to learning all about their program. The teachers are always available and supportive they are also involved in the music scene so they can offer so much helpful advice and mentorship. The job opportunities after graduation are very good.

Jeffrey

I believe that if you know what you want to do, and Full Sail offers it, you should attend. Not only can you get your bachelor's degree in under 4 years, the teachers are very polite and down to earth. The class sizes are also usually very small. The work might feel like a lot, but it's worth the pay off.

sydney

I really like my school. They are unique , and allow you to express yourself with no set backs.

Maalik

Pretty dope school. Though I have yet to start attending class, I got a feel for the campus & all of its wonderful staff. The people who work there are extremely helpful; you usually see current students or alumni offering their assistance to the school in some way or form. I can say for sure that everybody is definitely hands on with every thing involving Full Sail, whether it's the video production helping with camera work, or artists making beautiful drawings for us to behold, someone is always doing something to better themselves at this school.

terry

Would not suggest this level of education to anyone. Final project feedback / Instructor availability is null. The education all comes from resources anyone can find on the internet on their own. Do not be fooled, this school is a scam. For the record I have graduated Bach/Game Design and I am telling you the degree is useless, the majority of your knowledge will come from teaching yourself as there are enormous gaps in the education that employers will expect you to know when you get into the industry.

Full Sail University, is great place to receive education in the entertainment industry. Yes, the school is fast paced. But it really does show the in and outs of your career field. I have to say, that I am really blessed to be going to this school!

Sylvia

Full Sail University is an amazing college. Teachers are always available to meet and talk to even when you're doing school online. They are always more than helpful when it comes to financial aid and finding scholarships. And they are always encouraging people who are stressed out about starting college.

Kevin

My interaction has been limited but from what I've experienced, It's a nice place. The 'housing' is off campus and there is no on-campus housing. There is everything you need in walking distance. If not, it's in biking distance. I have had good conversation with the staff and look forward to attending.

Jacob

It's a great school a whole lot of money but it's worth it but you have to put in what you want out you can't just expect to pay all this money and just get something out of it put in what you want to come out and you will be happy with what you get in the end

Cyrus

Full Sail Is The Most Amazing School in Florida I’m currently enrolled and I’m so happy about it and I love it every moment and it’s going be for me and for my other classmates and we are going to pass together and we all are a big family . Go full sail university

Jazmyn

Full Sail University has a wide range of interesting, creative degrees or students to choose from. The campus setting is very lively and comfortable, inspiring a sense of awe in those who attend. An amazing school and highly recommended for those who wish to explore an interest in media production, assistance, etc.

Bianca

Full Sail is a great school that lets students unleash there creative mind. Gives them freedom to be themselves instead of hiding it from others that they'd feel is judging them.

Rodell

It's a good place to study. It's lot of work though. Campus life is cool. Lots of creative and talented individuals are everywhere. School days are long. you go from 9 to 5. It's really good school if you want to learn about the entertainment industry.

Caliber

Lovely school with professors who have experience in the industry you desire to go into. It's easy to get help from most professors and you can get a school-provided tutor if you need extra help. Campus feels very safe, most buildings are ID locked so you have to have an ID to get in.

Steven

Overall a great school with great students the professors and staff are very nice. Also, the Staff always answers any question that I may have and if they don't have the answer they reach out to someone who can find out right there. Also, the campus is an amazing with the top of the line technopoly in all of the classroom I feel grateful to even attend a school like Full Sail University.