Fullerton College Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

Victoria

The stereotype is that they don't care about their future or grades because they are in a junior college instead of a big university. But the truth is that they are a group of hardworking individuals that are working towards a better and brighter future for themselves by paving the way with a great college education. Not everybody can afford a four year university.

A stereotype that I hear often, not just about students at Fullerton College, but at all Community colleges, is that they are probably just going to drop out. I know that this is a false stereotype at Fullerton College because I and many other students have worked hard to avoid this. The saying goes 'Once a Hornet, always a Hornet' and we know that this is a bit of a joke, because most of us have taken longer than expected to transfer/graduate, but because we are dedicated to our education and involved in our community we have overcome that stereotype and will only continue to do so. If I get my opportunity to teach here, in the future, I will work hard to do whatever I can to see that this spirit continues within my students.

Cera

I'm not sure if there is a stereotype.