Johnstown, NY
Fulton-Montgomery Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fulton-Montgomery Community College

Cierra

Fulton-Montgomery Community College is an alright school. There is a lack of a greek life, but that is to be expected from such a small school. There are a lot of academic programs to help you succeed, such as the newly introduced TRIO. I commute here, so I am not sure what exactly the housing is like, but I have heard that the dorms are quite small. There are a great variety of courses in terms of difficulty, and like any school ranges also based upon the degree you are going into. I personally am currently undergoing an AAS degree in Computer Information Systems (I listed the closest degree to it.), and thus far it has been a fairly simple experience. For those who came to study, don't really drink, and don't care for smoking, then this is the school for you. With classes at the maximum of thirty students, you really get that small town feel that some people look for when searching for a college. The only real downfall that I see is that the food sucks for a college, but at least it is better than high-school cafeteria food. With a small college and a smaller community, life on campus isn't too bad. There is such thing as a social life as well, with the Student Union that hosts a variety of clubs to partake in. If you want to make friends, participating in a club is the best way to do so. There is a blue button system in which you can press one of the buttons located on campus and security will come fairly quickly if an emergency occurs. The area itself has a low crime rate, so the worry isn't really there. Overall, the college is absolutely worth it for the cheap price, just try to outsource food elsewhere.

Ariel

Wants you to learn somewhat on your own.

Wants you to learn somewhat on your own.

If I could go back to my high school self, I would advise myself not to jump into the experience right off the bat. Or, if I still wanted to, I'd suggest researching other degrees available. I have changed my degree enough times that I would definitely tell myself to really reconsider my original plans.

Someone looking to start a 4 year degree and not spend a lot of money.

Aimee

Its a nice affordable close to home school that offers nice small classes where you can have plenty of time to speak with the professors if you see fit.

that they are trying to save money by using a community college yeah pretty accurate

using the fitness center and attending the sporting events

There are vast majorities of diverse students from all over the world who come together as a great community

FMCC's three top majors are nursing, engineering and physical education. Those are demanding courses.

I see you're headed to college! Congratulations! This is one more step towards your future. You?re probably feeling a little intimidated by the new expectations and atmosphere you?ll find yourself in. I?ve been in that boat, so here?s a few words of advice to help you on your way. Some of the most important and helpful people you?ll ever meet are none other than your professors. Don?t let the big degrees and titles scare you - they?re people too! They?re there to help you but they will hardly ever be found approaching students to see if they need help. You are going to have to approach them. There?s another group of people that will be important - your fellow students. They are not just people to hang out with or pass in the halls. These individuals are great study partners if you just ask. If you don?t need a study partner, make sure you find people you can have fun with. You will need a life outside of school! These four years will be some of the most important of your life. If done right, they will also be the best!

FMCC has a very nice campus for a community college. It is in the country with lots of room.

My classmates are great. I have made some wonderful friends at FMCC that will last a life time. A lot of the students here are hard working and good students. This school has a lot of great students who are easy to get along with.

My school is best known for transfers. FMCC makes sure that you take the classes you need to have to be able to transfer to the college you want. They make sure that you dont lose any credits and that all your courses are benificial for you.

If I could talk to my senior self with the information I now know I would tell myself to stay on task. It is easy to fall behind if you are not always on top of your education. I would also tell myself that if you get sick you should get help right away and not try to ride it out. From personal experince, I got sick and did not get help, I was out of all my classes for a week. It caused me to fail my classes.

Fulton-Montgomery Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.