Furman University Top Questions

Students who want to learn and are willing to work hard. Students who want a strong relationship with professors who care about them and their success. Students who enjoy small, discussion based classes with interesting topics.

I would say Furman is a school for the academically minded person. It isn't easy to get all A's, but the quality of education is great. t is a liberal arts school, so its not necessarily intended to funnel people into specific carreers, but rather provides a well rounded education. Most students are conservative, white, upper middle class, protestants, but it is not unwelcoming to those who don't fit that mold.

A student who is dedicated to working hard and very focused. The student should be ready to speak in class and be involoved on campus.

Someone with an open mind that doesn't mind if they need to spend the weekends in the library and not just partying.

Courteney

You should attend this school if you want to be around like-minded people or enjoy challenging others points of view. You need to be a devoted student. If you want a smaller school and value a liberal arts education this is an excellent school. You should probably be a type A personality. You need to be the type of person who enjoys a challenge and is not afraid to get a B.

Autumn

Someone who likes to study and commit a lot of time to their education.

Someone who has the ability to balance a schedule of a mix of academics, sports, clubs and organizations, and a social life. Students here prefer to have a smaller school and like to have a community-like atmosphere.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is serious about receiving a college education. This school is for people who want to achieve success and are motivated. The size of Furman is perfect for the person who enjoys small, interactive classes. Furman also provides an atomosphere for making strong, life long friendships. There are plenty of social opportunities and extra cirricular activities. This University is challenging and rewarding at the same time.