Oakwood, GA
Gainesville State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gainesville State College

Lisbet

It is a very good school with many different opportunities to have fun but learn. Everyone around you isn't mean and they help each other out, as well during class with the professor engaging everyone to learn. There are always events happening to enjoy some entertainment and have some food. Gainesville State College is a very good school to go to!

Jaclyn

Gainesville State College is a smaller school. This assures you as a student that you will always have the right education or help that you need. The teachers here will go out of the way to help you earn the best grade you deserve. You will never have to struggle knowing that each and every person is on your side.

Gainesville State College is a school for anyone and everyone. If you are fresh out of highschool, or maybe it has been a few years since you have cracked open a textbook, it doesnt matter. GSC will have whatver you need to make you feel at home and get your education right on track.

William

Never underestimate the value of friends. Don't rely on just your family and girlfriend to get you through your two years of community college. You’re going to need more than just them. I know it’s going to be hard, and right now, you’re comfortable, but college is coming faster than you think. You need friends to help you through it. You’re life is going to fall apart and you’re going to want friends there to tell you it’s all going to work out and mean it. When it does work out you will want people there to share in the joy with you! I know you think you can do this all on your own, but you, and I, can’t. Trust me, I would know. After all, I’m you. You will need to make new friends and get involved. Don’t settle for the mundane! Get out and do stuff! Join an organization, start a study group! Besides that, get off your lazy rear and start filling out some scholarship applications! College isn’t going to pay for itself, even though you’d like it to! With all your love, you.

Gregory

My school is best known for its small class size and faculty involvement.

My school is best known for its small class size and faculty involvement.

I would tell myself to not over-extend yourself. Work less hours for less burnout.

I have no reqrets. I knew everything I needed to know.

Aim

I would tell myself to have faith in and believe in myself; i'm smarter than I give myself credit for. When I was a senior I didn't believe I was smart enough for college, so I waited until I was in my twenties to enroll. I have learned that I am so much smart than I give myself credit for. College has opened up so many doors for me but it has also given me the opportunity to find a belief and self worth in myself. College requires alot of hard work and determination but it can be so rewarding; not only has it helped me to brighten my future by providing new possibilities but it has helped me to learn to have faith in my own thoughts and beliefs and given me the courage to express them.

It is a place for people who care about their education while balancing personal life.

My psychology major peers are energetic, determined, outgoing students who are passionate about the field.

Ivonne

Being a high school senior is an overwhelming time in life. It is important to research colleges that best fit your needs. Reality sets in and the fear of failure also kicks in. Relying on college advisors, parents, and family friends who are in the same field of interest, ease this important time in life. Choosing a college was very overwhelming because I felt I needed to have my life’s plan set in stone. I attended and graduated culinary school with honors. Through this experience, I learned the importance of time. I decided to go back to school for nursing because I want to help others. These experiences helped me gain the insight that no matter where life takes you, you can easily adapt to the situation at hand. This made me realize that starting college allowed me to explore a variety of career paths. The only thing stopping me from dreaming bigger was my fears. The most important piece of advice I would tell my high school self is although life’s obstacles may seem too gigantic to overcome, family and life situations will help you discover who you are and what career you would like to pursue.

Gainesville State College is a community college with a diversity of people. Students include parents, children, young adults, teenagers, and even high school students involved in dual enrollment. I enjoy being a student here because although the school is increasing in size, teachers are always readily available to offer extra help.

I wish I would have known the University of North Georgia was going to buy it over. Everything about the school remains the same except the increase in tuition and other fees.

Erica

Senior year of high school is filled with challenges, dreams, and big goals. If I could go back, I would reiterate to myself a few important objectives to remember when starting college such as mental stability, finances, and furthermore the importance of time management. First and foremost, mental stability is the key to starting college. Every student has to prepare themselves for an emotional roller coaster. Starting at the top of the roller coaster, full of excitment, continued all the way to the drop, feeling a rush of fear as the roller coaster drops hundreds of feet. Furthermore, I would have to enthusiastically express how expensive a degree can become. Americans now owe more than eight hundred and seventy billion dollars in student loans. Finally, the importance of time management, taking an anatomy test with the feeling of sheer exhaustion needs to stop before college. If I could have went back and rehearsed these points with myself, I'm sure I would have started the college experience a little differently.

Mackenzie

My current college offers dance lessons and study abroad, which other colleges did not. I have taken advantage of both opportunities and plan on continuing that path.

Looking back at myself as a high school senior, I would give myself advice that would better prepare me for the real world. In reality, the brand of jeans you wear or what clique you eat lunch with doesn’t decide who is going to be successful in life. Instead, your grades, ambition, and attitude towards life have a great impact on your future success. I would tell myself to not worry about impressing other people or trying to fit in, but to worry about being me. Too many high school kids get caught up in the materialistic things in life, the things that do not have any “real” value. The best thing any high school seniors can do for themselves is focus on school and their future. Most importantly do not take what you have for granted. The time will come when you have to step up and take responsibilities for your actions, get a job to help pay bills, and work towards your own success. Your future is in your hands and now it is time for you to decide what to do with it.

My college is not too small nor too big which allows the perfect number of students in each class, and every student gets the direct one-on-one attention they need to succeed. It is very welcoming especially for newcomers who can be easily intimidated and the professors are fabulous.

Michelle

Funny, interesting, diverse, and serious about their studies. I have a wide range of ages in all of my classes and they all benefit from one another. The older students can help guide and advise the younger students. The younger students help keep the older students informed about the trials of young adults which helps the older studetns relate .

SUCK IT UP!!! I know that you want to take time off from school. Don't do it. There is no time better than now to start your future. The materials are still fresh in your mind. Ok, so you won't be able to lay by the pool everyday. You still have the weekends. Besides, too much sun is not good for you anyway. What is good for you is an education. Four short years to build the best life possible for you. You will meet new and interesting people. Expand your knowledge of different cultures. Change your mind about stereotypes that were put in place when you were too young to think for yourself. Meet adults that will guide you in broadening your knowledge as far as education and socially. You will learn to be a critical thinker, sympathetic, caring, giving, empathetic, powerful and strong individual. Because this is all you. Sink or swim time. The more you put into it the more you get out of it. So, take a deep breath and dive into the college experience. The education will be awesome, but the total experience will open your eyes to the world around you. GO!!!

Small class size and engaged preofessors. The campus has a community feel and everyone is very friendly. The campus has a diverse student population. The ethnicity and the age of students is very diverse. The staff in every aspect is friendly and ooutgoing. I have had wonderful academic and financial aid advising during my time at Gainesville State College. The college has several degree programs that are currently offered and they are expanding the degree programs every year. The school will be combined with North Georgia College in the fall which will allow more campuses and degree programs.

Valerie

I would tell myself to focus on my grades more and not to let peer pressure and bullies bother me so much. I would let myself know that my grades and exrtacurricular activites help with getting into school and having better jobs. I would advise myself to pay more attention in class, and not to starting feeling myself so much because I'm making good grades. An "A" is a great grade to have but a "A+" is even better. I would talk to myself and make the teenage me aware that friends aren't forever all the time. I think I would just sit down with myself and tell myself in the 10th grade to stop what I was doing because I was only hurting myself and my mother. I would tell the 11th grade me that I'm so proud of how I got my act together and pulled my grades up and to continue the hard work. Lastly, I would let myself know that college is not as hard as people try to make it out to be, you just have to apply yourself and everything will be great.

My professors that really care about me. I love the challenges that are placed before me, but my professors really care about me and my future. If they feel like I can do better that I put forward they let me know and they push me to do my best. If something is going on with me or I'm having a bad day they let me know that they care. I love the feeling that I get at my school I feel like they are here to help me with anything and everything that I strive for.

All types of students should attend this school. This school welcomes all students that want to get a higher education. I am considered a non-traditional student and I have had a few hard times, but I love this school.

Gainesville State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.