Louisville, KY
Galen College of Nursing-Louisville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Galen College of Nursing-Louisville

Andrea

I went to University of Louisville and I just switched to Galen. I like how it is hands on and you start doing the nursing classes and clinicals right away instead of having to wait for you to get all your pre requisits done and then be accepted to the nursing school.

I would have to give myself the advice of to study hard! I thought college was going to be easy and come natural to me like high school did, but boy was I wrong! I would tell myself to study hard and to go to class. School needs to come first before anything else. This is what is going to get you into your career and teach you everything you need to know about what you want to do with your life. If you mess it up now you are taking a chance of messing up your future after graduating college. I would give my self this same advice as well as wany other senior in high school. You have to apply your self and try really hard. Go to class and study as much as possible. It is nothing like high school and you have to make your self do well or in the end you probably won't.

People who are going to school directily for nursing should attent this school.

Jason

I started out going to a big university, University of Louisville, had I attended many classes that had over 100 people in them. The university and these classes were overwealming and I did not like it. So, in April I plan to attend Galen College of Nursing. It is a small school which is just focused on nursing.

The Universtiy of Louisville is mainly known for their athletics and some of their academic areas. Galen is known only for nursing which is good because that is their only focus. They are focused only on teaching their students how to be well equipped nurses.

I would tell myself to research schools a lot more than I did now. I went to the University of Louisville for engineering and I did not like it at all. Engineering is a hard field to graduate from and the classes you take are very intense. I then switch to teaching and I found out after one semester, teaching had responsibilities that I was not ready to take. I then decided nursing was what I wanted to do and it is something that I can see myself doing for a very long time. "You need to think about what you want to do for the rest of your life and stick with it. Do not waste a year and a half going to a big university and not getting anything from it!"

Danielle

My school is best known for it's clinical experiences and hands on learning. Galen is also strictly for those pursuing a nursing career, therefore the program is excelled, thus only taking classes that pertain to nursing.

The advice that I would give myself would be to remember and realize that college is going to be tough, everything is not always going to go the way I plan, and that there are going to be obstacles in the way; but with perceverence and hard work, everything will work out and it will be ok, just do not give up!!

Someone that does not do well in a fast paced environment or that is not a hands on learner would most likely not do well at Galen.

• $0

Galen College of Nursing-Louisville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.