Galen College of Nursing-Louisville Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Galen College of Nursing-Louisville

jessica

I love it so far. Covid kind of makes it hard to not be in class in person and I am a hands on learner so I can not wait until we get to go back to in person classes! Other than that the teachers are always there when you need them. So teachers are great some are not.

Kelly

There are the most AMAZING professors around. They understand l, they talk, they explain but most of all they hear you. They take the time to explain what you don’t know. No matter how many times to does take. The professors want you to learn it, live it, breath it and even better understand it. The care truly care about their students and have interactions with them. Whether, it be in theory, lab, clinicals or testing; they support you all the way; cheering you along the whole way!! The help you when you struggle, pick you back up and help remind you why you are there! The professors are amazing! You are taught best practice nursing, and are the most sought after nurse before graduation! It’s tough, but it is well worth it...

Emma

Galen's class sizes are small. The curriculum is tough and since I work full time and attend classes in the evening, finding enough time to study can be challenging. The faculty wants to see you succeed, so they are always available to help with ideas, time management and tutoring. I truly feel that when I leave Galen, I will be able to hit the nursing floors running.

Makenzie

Galen College of Nursing is obviously not for everyone. If you are wanting to do chemical engineering, this is not the school for you but if you are going into nursing, I highly recommend Galen. Nursing is their main focus and they do everything to make sure you are going to be a successful nurse.

Bailey

I absolutely adore my school. I transferred to Galen from another college this year and have been nothing but impressed with everything offered. There is currently not an on-campus housing option so many commute from further away. It is more than worth any drive. I am 1hr and 30mins away and look forward to going to school. I would recommend this school to absolutely anyone. Overall, it is amazing,

Danielle

It’s a great school, and great people. Everyone I have talked to has been helpful and so very kind. I can’t wait to meet all the people I will be in class with. The campus is so clean and beautiful. they even have a cafeteria in the building. I’m excited to get started next month!

Randi

Galen is a little expensive, but the academics are great including class size, peers, and professors. The only thing I don't like is that not all classes are available on grounds. Also, this quarter they switched testing format from paper to computers in which you can only advance forward. This makes testing quite challenging.

Denis

I am really interested in this school because the classes only have a few students. Which means that the teacher can be more focus on individuals that needs extra attention. They only focus on nursing so I do not have to worry about taking extra classes that has nothing to do with my major.

I currently just switched from a college I have been going to for 2 years to Galen and I am beyond impressed. I truly didn't think I would find a "home" and "family" in my college career again but I was by far proven wrong. Galen is welcoming, accepting, and so much fun to be at.

Kelsey

Galen is a great school that's more catered to the nontraditional student. It's hard work but the school is supportive. It's not going to be the place to give you "the college experience". However, it's a good place to learn how to be a nurse. If the extra stuff was never for you, anyways, Galen might be a great option.