Galveston College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Galveston College

Anna Leigh

Galveston College is a great school where the professors really want to help students succeed. They are always willing to help, and there are plenty of other resources for academic assistance, too! There is no on-campus housing, but the area is nice, and the school facility itself is great as well. One of the nice things about it is that once you're inside, you can get from one building to another without having to go through the parking lot, which can get distinctly puddle-like when it rains. There are great activities to get involved in, too... clubs for almost any interest and frequent opportunities for things like discounted tickets to sports events or new movies. The only thing I would change is that I sometimes feel like many of my fellow students are less serious than I when it comes to academics -- I want to put in my best work and earn nothing less than an A, and keep hearing advice about how to reduce effort and pass the classes.

McKenzie

It's a really great school. I love the facility and professors, as well as everything done for students (finals de-stress events, $3 movie nights, free tutoring, etc.) The majority of the professors are friendly and approachable and many of them give reasonable extra credit assignments. The only thing I really dislike is the general student atmosphere-- it's "college life" x "island life", so pretty much immorality and apathy on steroids. I haven't found anyone of virtue I can really connect with. But the beach view is nice.

Amber

Galveston College is great if you are only using it as a stepping stone. There aren’t many extracurricular activities so don’t get your hopes up. The nursing program is one of the best around and it’s very demanding. There is not much help from financial aid as far as applying for actual loans, but overall it’s a good college for a low income community.

jessica

its a really great school!

Melisss

Great community college!

Vanessa

Good school but didn’t have good experience with softball team, there was mice, mold, and holes in our apartments which sucked because I had to pay to live there and there seemed to be drama almost everyday. The maintenance crew took forever to fix our issues , I went about almost a month with no a/c one time .

Lakee

It is a wonderfully supportive college where you can accomplish a great deal. The faculty are there to help you every step of the way. And should you ever need anything there are a variety of options to help you succeed. My years at Galveston College were some of the best years Ive spent in school so far.

Barnabas

More Sports and Art, we are on an Island and there's enough space and tourists to entertain. Virtually no competition. We have been rated the best campus in academics but there could be more whitecaps can do especially being that we are in a Historic Island of the United States. Diversity has been improving with added incentives if you graduate from local high schools and stay here, college is free. Unfortunately, I moved to the Island a Little too late to be considered a recent high school graduate of the Island or Texas, but all in all the campus is doing well - just needs consistency in academics and extracurricular activities.