Erie, PA
Gannon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gannon University

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Kristin

Just because you can do well without working hard doesn't mean you shouldn't give it your all anyway. Performing well without effort is not nearly as gratifying as performing well with heart and discipline.

The best thing about going to this school is its environment. The faculty, staff, and students are generally very friendly and caring individuals, the campus is clean and organized, yet still warm and welcoming. Everything you need is readily accessible, without the crowdedness and grime of a big city.

The worst thing about Gannon is simply that I had hoped to go to a more accredited and rigorous institution. This one was the most affordable and seemed rational to attend considering I plan on also going to a graduate school and will need solid financial footing to do so.

Madeline

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior student I would tell myself to focus more on the SAT's and ACT's. I would explain that if I scored higher I would receive a full scholarship to Gannon University. My current self would make sure my past self was aware that graduating valedictorian would not be enough to guarantee the education I desire. I would encourage myself to save more money from my part-time job to help pay for all the unexpected expenses that every student incurs.

While attending Gannon University, I consider the best thing about my school would have to be how small the classes are and how easy it is to get in contact with the professors. I like Gannon because the students and faculty are easy to talk to and communicate with. They make you feel like you are really valued.

Someone who is not culturally diverse would not feel comfortable because Erie, PA is a very much culturally diverse. We have students from Nepal all the way to Africa. Also most of the people living in Erie, PA are extremely culturally diverse. Erie has a large population of immigrants from Italy, Mexico, Ukraine, and the Middle East. A person who is not comfortable learning and interacting with other cultures would not benefit from everything Erie, PA and Gannon University has to offer.

Dana

Gannon is a great school for health and business programs and has a great job placement rate for graduates.

I have learned so much from Gannon. I am currently a sophomore, but I have already experienced and learned from many situations. I have had roommate conflicts where I had to overcome issues and make decisions based on what was best for my educational experience. In this regard I have learned that any situation that prohibits you from concentrating on your education is one you should remove yourself from. I also have a work study job which forces me to obtain a successful balance of work, school, and leisure. I attend Gannon because of its great Occupational Therapy program. I take my education very seriously, especially because of how much debt I am putting myself in. I know that it is all worth it because of the life lessons and the knowledge I am obtaining. Thus far, Gannon is doing a great job in preparing me for a successful career and life after college, which is of the utmost value. Gannon has taught me that above all, I should never give up on myself and my goals. Even during hard times, I should believe in myself and work hard to obtain the education that I came here to get.

Gannon is located in downtown Erie where there has been a history of crime and Gannon also has it's share of partying, as do most schools.

Casandra

As a re-entering adult I went back to school for a career strong in science, something I would never have thought I would do when I was a high school student. I've discovered I love learning and I can learn anything. Attending college for a worthwhile carreer has been a real confidence booster. I'm learning to stay organized, try new expiernces and have found that I like learning for the pure pleasure of it rather than just working to get an 'A.' I actually want to know and retain all this information when I'm finished with college. I'm working hard and really looking forward to a rewarding career.

My classmates all seem to be fairly studious and all seem to get along pretty well as we have gotten to know eachother over the years due to the smaller size of the campus.

Gannon is best known for the numerous Health Science programs it has available for students which is actually what drew me to this school.

College has provided me with so many new opportunities. First of all, my school is really far away from home which was a big change for me. It has helped me to grow and mature as an individual and has also helped me become much more independent. College has definitely been valuable to attend because has allowed me to expand my horizons through all of the community service activities and opportunities provided. I have learned a lot through these experiences and feel like I have really helped to make a difference in the city of Erie. I also have been able to get involved with activities outside of my major that have allowed me be involved in things that I have always enjoyed doing but did not have the chance to do in high school. For example, I have always loved to plan events so I am involved with the Activities Programming Board on campus which has allowed me to put my interests to good use. I have also learned quite a bit from the board in terms of leadership skills which I will be able to apply to my career and other areas of my life.

My college experience has been amazing. I have learned a lot of things since I have been enrolled in Kilian Community College. As well as doing things I never thought I could do, Fractions, for one, inicate conversation and public speaking. College has given me confidence to do anything I put my mind to. I use to look for some one to comfort me, help me with issues and school work. Now I am encouraging students and making them feel welcome just as somoeone did for me. College has been a value to me because I never thought I would be able to attend college because of the learning disability I had in middle and high school. In addition I want my three year old daughter to know how important education is. As she watch me do homework many of nights and get prepared for school each day, she ask question and had I not been going to college I would not know how to properly answer her questions. With that being said college has taught me how to be a student, a better mother and a friend.

Bernard

My college experience has taught me there is more to higher education than the stereotypical drunken frat boys and arrogant intellectuals. I took a public speaking course after five consecutive years of homeschooling and still managed to pass and make a few smiles. I also met an professor from Chicago who managed to mold me from a simpleton who never wrote an essay in his life to an imaginative writer who now enjoys poetry. My most valuable college experience however came in the form of my History professors. In particular, I studied under the same one who taught and advised me for two years and four courses. He taught me not only about American history and the Holocaust, but also indirectly about the importance of a good teacher. To this day I still maintain contact with him and hope I can become a professional who can inspire my own students the way he inspired me. In the end my college experience was quite sober and the majority of those I met were not haughty at all, rather I found perhaps the richest experience in my life as a student who found much more out of both college and also himself.

lishia

For me attending college was the only way to go. I am not strong and cannot do aa boring job all my life. I also love to learn all I can about everything that could possibly interest me. So i decided to go to Gannon and learn all that i can. Gannon has provided me a larger background of being a well rounded person. I have learned to be more of myself and who i am inside. While Gannon does this one little thing i find it difficult to believe that many colleges succeed in this.

I believe many people can enjoy being at Gannon, Mainly because it is filled with diversity and teachers that respect the students. Still people attending Gannon need to work hard and keep very organized. If they don’t do that then they could end up falling behind very quickly.

All my friends from high school go to other colleges, mainly Edinboro. They wanted me to attend to, but I had my mind made up for me the minute I attended a summer program Gannon does for all high school students. I tell them how wonderful the teachers are and how easy the classes are. I also brag about the stature that Gannon has. Edinboro is a college anyone can get into, while Gannon is one of the best colleges in Erie. They are so well know that people from around the world are attending Gannon.

Lina

Attending college has introduced me to so much. I want to be an archaeologist and to be perfectly honest i only knew of a few fields of archaeology. By attending college courses in my field I learned that theres actually hundreds of fields. It also introduced me to different cultures that I have grown to be interested in. I also joined an anthropolgy where I met fellow students with the same interest as me. It's so valuable to attend becasue there is so much more than you are aware of. If I didn't attend college then I wouldn't have met a professor who would let me go on archaeological digs with him. There are so many opportunities that one could miss out on. This is why I believe it is very valuable to attend.

Vincent

My college expereince has been very rewarding, and is certainly helping me grow as a person to achieve my academic and personal goals. It has long been my desire to have a career in academia, and my current educational endeavors are helping me realize this goal. Due to family struggles in my younger years, I was unable to attend college directly out of high school. My parents were very hard working people, but not very supportive of education. Initially, I sought a career in banking as a means to make a way in the world. After five years of working in this faculty, I realized that it was not my destiny. During my time in banking, however, I was able to establish a solid base on which I could return to school. Now, I am working toward a degree in Linguistics and European Studies. This is exponentially valuable to me, because it opens the door to academic achievement and success in my desire to be a professor. College has proven to be invaluable to me, and I am using it to the absolute fullest. It is enriching, rewarding and gratifying.

Gannon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.