Erie, PA
Gannon University

Video courtesy of Gannon University.

Gannon University is a Catholic, Diocesan university dedicated to excellence in teaching, scholarship and service. Faculty and staff prepare students to be global citizens through learning that emphasizes faith, leadership, inclusiveness and social responsibility.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gannon University

Fixed  rate loan

lishia

For me attending college was the only way to go. I am not strong and cannot do aa boring job all my life. I also love to learn all I can about everything that could possibly interest me. So i decided to go to Gannon and learn all that i can. Gannon has provided me a larger background of being a well rounded person. I have learned to be more of myself and who i am inside. While Gannon does this one little thing i find it difficult to believe that many colleges succeed in this.

I believe many people can enjoy being at Gannon, Mainly because it is filled with diversity and teachers that respect the students. Still people attending Gannon need to work hard and keep very organized. If they don’t do that then they could end up falling behind very quickly.

All my friends from high school go to other colleges, mainly Edinboro. They wanted me to attend to, but I had my mind made up for me the minute I attended a summer program Gannon does for all high school students. I tell them how wonderful the teachers are and how easy the classes are. I also brag about the stature that Gannon has. Edinboro is a college anyone can get into, while Gannon is one of the best colleges in Erie. They are so well know that people from around the world are attending Gannon.

Lina

Attending college has introduced me to so much. I want to be an archaeologist and to be perfectly honest i only knew of a few fields of archaeology. By attending college courses in my field I learned that theres actually hundreds of fields. It also introduced me to different cultures that I have grown to be interested in. I also joined an anthropolgy where I met fellow students with the same interest as me. It's so valuable to attend becasue there is so much more than you are aware of. If I didn't attend college then I wouldn't have met a professor who would let me go on archaeological digs with him. There are so many opportunities that one could miss out on. This is why I believe it is very valuable to attend.

Vincent

My college expereince has been very rewarding, and is certainly helping me grow as a person to achieve my academic and personal goals. It has long been my desire to have a career in academia, and my current educational endeavors are helping me realize this goal. Due to family struggles in my younger years, I was unable to attend college directly out of high school. My parents were very hard working people, but not very supportive of education. Initially, I sought a career in banking as a means to make a way in the world. After five years of working in this faculty, I realized that it was not my destiny. During my time in banking, however, I was able to establish a solid base on which I could return to school. Now, I am working toward a degree in Linguistics and European Studies. This is exponentially valuable to me, because it opens the door to academic achievement and success in my desire to be a professor. College has proven to be invaluable to me, and I am using it to the absolute fullest. It is enriching, rewarding and gratifying.

Cody

Gannon University has very good academic programs and there are many activities for students to partake in.

I've met a lot of great people. I'm looking forward to spending the next few years of my life with them. College is a truly wonderful experience. While you are working towards your future you also get to enjoy the present with people that you can really connect to.

I wish that I would have known how strict this university was regarding its policies.

Alexandra

My college experience thus far has been invaluable. I have been blessed with so many opportunities to meet new people and partake in many new experiences. Our university has a wide variety of students here and we are given lots of opportunities through the school to socialize and learn about people from different cultures. Additionally, although I have only been here for one semester, I have learned more here from my amazing professors than I have in my whole life. My professors have not only taught me about my classes and given me information pertaining to my major, but they have taught me about life and helped me through any situation I have found myself in. Gannon gives me an opportunity to be independent while still allowing me to feel safe on my campus. It's an amazing campus filled with many amazing people. The faculty and staff are always very helpful and friendly. I have yet to come across an unhappy person on campus. I have gotten so much about college so far. This first semester at Gannon has changed my life. I have learned so much about myself and even become a stronger person because of it.

When I tell my friends from home about my university, I brag about my professors. A lot of my friends who are at other universities in my state have professors who consider them a number and it makes communication extremely difficult. I'm able to have an exceptionally better learning experience because my teachers are excellent. Our university has a low student to faculty ratio, allowing the teachers to get to know each of their students on a personal level. When I have problems with a paper, project, or lab, my professors have no problem helping me at any time.

For prospective students at Gannon University, I believe the most frustrating aspect for most people is the weather. Erie gets copious amounts of snow and sometimes the city and university snow plows do not go out and plow early. When walking to class, sometimes it can get treacherous as there is lots of icy patches which need salted and snowy sidewalks which are not shoveled.

Allyson

Overall my classmates are great people. It seems like people Gannon is such a close community and the campus is so involved that everyone is nice and generally cares about others. It is very nice. I don't think that many people going to larger schools get that same feelings. The people in my classes are for the most part nice, smart and caring people.

from my college experience thus far, I have really found myself as a person. My morals and values have been challenged and I have been forced to make decision that had I been living at home with my family I would not be forced to do. College has opened my eyes to the real world outside of high school and sports teams. It has showed that there are many things going on in world that I will be exposed to and may not agree with but it is up to me to make the decision as to what I am going to do with it. College has allowed me to grow into my own person and be who I want to be. I realize now that I am the only one that can make me succeed and that I can do anything I want as long as I am willing to work. Attending college has helped me to see that furthering my education will not only make my future better but will help me to reach out and help others futures as well. College ha had nothing but postive impacts on my life.

Deadria

A very welcoming campus that accepts everyone.

A very welcoming campus that accepts everyone.

It is valuable to attend college because you not only learn a lot about your prospective field of study but also yourself. In high school you are confined to one area with the same people all day, where as in college you learn how to interact with different people and how do deal with real life crisis.

A driven student who likes to have fun.

Zachary

I have learned very valuable lessons during my brief time at Gannon University. The most valuable lesson though has been that the friends you make your freshmen year are the most important people in your "college life". My friends have been the only thing to keep me level-headed during stressful times and motivated during the rough times. They keep me on task and make sure that I get my work done instead of just blowing off all of the work and not getting it done. We all keep each other competitive and wanting to do better than each other, which causes us all to work harder. My friends have been an invaluable aquirement of college that I would never trade for anything.

I would encourage a person who is looking for top-notch teaching, a broad range of majors, and someone who wants the best out of his/her college education to attend Gannon University. The professors are amazing, and their teaching abilities are better than most of the professors around.

Someone who does not like learning and wants to go to college just to party should probably steer clear of Gannon University.

andrew

I grew up in a rough inner city neighborhood going to Gannon University granted me the oppotunity to meet people from different backrounds. Meeting people form different geographical and socio-economical backrounds helped in my personal development. Ultimatley this opportunity taught me better interpersonal skills and gave me an escape from the crime and violence that happens on a daily occurance where i grew up. Seeing people achieve success from different walks of life motivated me to never quit when faced with adversity and gave me the confidence to pursure a masters degree. I also met the love of my life at Gannon who came from the completely opposite backround ; meeting her taught me that the way people are living in my old neighborhood wasn't an acceptable way of life and that through education I can overcome any adversity, achieve success, and some day use my it to have a positive impact in my community.

The small classroom sizes that gives students more one on one contact with the staff.

Very harsh winter season. Social life is mostly based around being in a frat.

i think it has been a great experience so far during my college experience. you get to meet people you never would met. You start to come out of your shell and talk to people and do things you never would have done otherwise. The activities that they have here are exciting to attend. they have things for everyone no matter what you are interested in. If i never went on the freshman retreat i never would have met three of my best friends. If i didn't come here to gannon i wouldn't be hanging out and talking to my best friend. I have gotten involved in the habitat for huimanity here on campus where we help people re-build their homes. I am a mentor for junior high kids with problems through CHAMPS. I am so happy that i chose gannon and that i have been getting so involved while i have been here. Everyone should get the college experience because not only will it help you succeed in life in the long run but it will have been a great experience for you personally, i can garentee you that.

i wish that before i got to gannon i had been more involved in my religion. when i got here i really started going to church and getting involved in retreats and faith sharing groups here on campus and i really enjoy it. It has really opened my eyes to a whole new perspective on things. i think that going to a catholic school has really brought out the best in me even though i didn't originally come here because of that reason. i was actually kind of skeptical about that to begin with.

i don't know what the worst thing about my school would be. i would have to say that i was surprised at how many parties they have going on during the weekends, and pretty much any time. that is one thing that is not so great. but the worst thing would probably be that if you go right outside of the campus you are not in the best area to be walking alone. sometimes it can even be kind of intimidating.

Gannon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.