Erie, PA
Gannon University

Video courtesy of Gannon University.

Gannon University is a Catholic, Diocesan university dedicated to excellence in teaching, scholarship and service. Faculty and staff prepare students to be global citizens through learning that emphasizes faith, leadership, inclusiveness and social responsibility.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gannon University

Fixed  rate loan

edith

Keeps you mentally focused in school but also encourages you to participate in school activities to enjoy the college life

The advise that i would have gaven myself if I was back in high school would have been to learn more study patterns, to learn how to seperate my study sessions from my social life and cheer life. Once in college it does get more difficult to manage work, school and cheer so i would have told my self to put more effort in seperating it all and leaving enough time to do eveything ahead of time instead of trying to cram everything in little time. Another advise I would have gaven myself would have been to be more social with students, to participate in school sports or even activites to go into college without being scared to participate in activities. As well as to not be to afraid to meet new people. A huge advise I would have gaven myself would have been to apply for scholarships ahead of time.

the opportunities that Gannon gives are great especially for their Nursing Program it helps you learn the basics and of course the hand on hand stuff that will come in very handy once you go out in the field to do you work. Not only that but they also give out other majors like business, also its a great school to focus your study in two different catagories you could major and minor in two things that you would like to do with your life.

abigail

Take advantage of all that is available to you. This is a time when resources are more readily available to you and you have more time to deal with things. Not only are you in a familiar environment but you have immediate support from your family and friends. Don't take this for granted. Appreciate every moment. Explore all of your options. College is expensive, try to go in knowing as much as possible. You'll do well in school and adapt to your surroundings and situations more quickly. Once you're in college you are, to an extent, cut off from all that you are familiar with. Become aware of your new habitat and try to know all the possible routes to the places you will be going because if you dont then you will only know one way and you will get lost with just one wrong turn. Establish a routine. It's easier to manage your time when youre on a schedule, this also helps you to be able to get more rest. Know where to go for different emergencies. Scope out the options and pick at least three good places to shop. Keep a journal.

Someone who is serious about his or her education and willing to live in downtown Erie.

Gannon University has many collaborations with businesses and colleges which provides its students with optimal job prospectives as well as experience training in prospective fields.

Alessandra

If I could go back and give myself advice about college, I would tell myself to try and walk on to the volleyball team because volleyball is a sport that I love and it is always worth the shot. Also, I would tell myself to go into college open minded. There are so many new people to meet and can learn from so put on a smile and talk to everyone that comes in your path becasue you never know what they can offer to you. Lastly, I would advise myself to take up more opportunities that Gannon gives to their students. You can always get someone good out of every opportunity that is given to you and you never know, it might sparke up sometime else for you while you are at it.

I do not have anything bad to say about Gannon

The weather in Erie sucks, other then that I enoy Gannon.

Abigail

My classmates are enthusiastic, friendly, relatable as well as willing to learn and interact with you both inside and outside of the classroom.

Gannon offers a wide variety of majors that include anything from the health sciences, to engineering and fine arts combined with a phenominal Division II sports program. The university is set up in a city with plenty of opportunities to work on and off campus to explore your major. It is a school to be considered on the 'smaller' side but still has a lot that most big schools have to offer without the overwhelming class sizes. The smaller class sizes provide for better relationships and more advanced learning opportunities.

I would go back in time and tell myself to first settle on a major before looking at any schools. I would then determine if I would like to play a sport in college. From there I would start attending college fairs, talking to teachers and college graduates and looking at schools online. I would then tell myself to do college visits and fill out applications -early! Before going on the visits make a list of what you would like to see in the school and then immediately after the visit, write down all of the positives and negatives. After all of this is done take into consideration the lists and think about which school stood out to you and 'just felt right'. I would also tell myself to make sure the school I am leaning towards is a good enough distance away from home to be on my own, but close enough to visit. I would also make certain that there is a night life aspect, sports team aspect as well as several activities and events to do on campus to keep busy and involved.

If I could go back and talk to my high-school self, I would say that it is important to come into college with an open mind and willingness to participate in every club or activity offered. College is a great opportunity to meet new people, make connections and try new things! There are so many resources presented to new students at college and it would be foolish not to take advantage of them. Sign-up, give it a try and the worst that can happen is that you find out that you don't like it. Along the way, you are bound to meet new people who will open your eyes to new life perspectives. In today's world, that it so key; too many people are close minded and unwilling to adapt. Take adavantage of new adventures!

The best thing about Gannon University are the small class sizes and personalized attention that students receive from the professors. This allows students to form relationships with faculty and have the ability to ask questions and dive deper into course material. Also, this makes it easier to help students better understand the tasks at hand.

Gannon University attracts students who know what they want to do in their future careers with a large focus on the health sciences. Students that should attent this school should be focused, driven and organized.

abigail

Gannon University has an exceptional health science department and as a university it offers a wide selection of degrees. Also it is located in downtown Erie and is comprised of buildings that the school has bought from various owners and companies. This gives it more of a homey feel since its not some mass commericalized area.

I do not care specifically for the quality of life in downtown Erie. I have heard that it can be sketch but honestly it's all about how aware one is and being smart. It's only a sketch situation if you let it get to that point.

Mariah

Gannon University is best known for there criminal justice program because of the instructors and teachings within the course, there Bio program is one of the best in the state and there volleyball team because they are D2

If i were able to go back in time and give myself advice about college, the first thing i would tell myself is to study. College is nothing like high school and your professors arent going to babysit you or hound you about turning in your homework or studying for an upcoming test. The paste is fast and if you dont do what you have to do you'll be left behind. The next thing i would tell myself is to get involved, open up. When you get involved your expierience in college will be a whole lot better then if you were to just stay to yourself. The last piece of advice would be to live on campus. Even though it is more expensive, living on campus will get you involved, it is more convient and less stressful on you because it less things you have to worried about compared to living at home.

I think the best thing about gannon is there faculty/staff and community/atmosphere. The faculty and staff are there for you when you need them and the community and atmosphere is a warm, welcoming, accepting one that you would love to be in

Brenna

I would tell myself not to take advantage of the free time that I have because there is always something to do. Whether it is studying, reviewing notes, doing homework or getting ahead there is always work to be done. This is a great use of time management so I do not get behind in the future. With that being said I would also tell myself not to go into college with clenched fists doing nothing but school work all day long. I would tell myself to get involved right away and join different clubs and organizations as well. It is good it be a well rounded person and make connections and friendships with other students. It's good to develope good social skills and have a good background in working with different people in different enviornments along with holding leadership positions.

The thing I like the most about Gannon is the small class size and the professionality of the professors. I really enjoy my professors and they are always there to help when I need help with the material or with the homework.

TAMMY

A solid foundation of education with emphasis on ethics and religion.

A solid foundation of education with emphasis on ethics and religion.

If I could go back to myself as a senior I would give myself encouragement to not put off my education. In 1988 when I graduated it was commonplace to be able to go straight from high school into a full-time career with benefits. I was able to do so, and then my situation changed drastically and I found that I was head-of-household with five children to provide for and no real education to back me up.

I wish that I would have known that even though I am an older student and single mother of five children, I can get my education. I would have started many years ago.

Margaret

I would have made the same decisions I made. I visited colleges early, determined my major, and figured out what I wanted out of a school. I wanted a strong academic school as well as a strong athletic school. Gannon also provides me with many leadership and service opportunities. Gannon is also focused on making each student well-rounded and I can appreciate this wholesome focus. I would advise myself to apply early and get to know people who are also going to Gannon.

A fun, academically driven student will enjoy Gannon's many opportunities. It is a small, urban campus located in the heart of Erie. Someone who enjoys small class sizes and a fun atmosphere will like Gannon's family feel.

Ganno is perfect for me. I wanted to go to a small, catholic university in Erie. I also play volleyball, as Gannon has a great athletic program as well. Gannon is also growing and renovating many of its buildings, making it a very modern campus. The close-knit community on campus makes everyone feel right at home! I like my small class sizes, professors, and multiple opportunities to get involved.

Gannon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.