Erie, PA
Gannon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gannon University

Fixed  rate loan

If I could go back and talk to my high-school self, I would say that it is important to come into college with an open mind and willingness to participate in every club or activity offered. College is a great opportunity to meet new people, make connections and try new things! There are so many resources presented to new students at college and it would be foolish not to take advantage of them. Sign-up, give it a try and the worst that can happen is that you find out that you don't like it. Along the way, you are bound to meet new people who will open your eyes to new life perspectives. In today's world, that it so key; too many people are close minded and unwilling to adapt. Take adavantage of new adventures!

The best thing about Gannon University are the small class sizes and personalized attention that students receive from the professors. This allows students to form relationships with faculty and have the ability to ask questions and dive deper into course material. Also, this makes it easier to help students better understand the tasks at hand.

Gannon University attracts students who know what they want to do in their future careers with a large focus on the health sciences. Students that should attent this school should be focused, driven and organized.

abigail

Gannon University has an exceptional health science department and as a university it offers a wide selection of degrees. Also it is located in downtown Erie and is comprised of buildings that the school has bought from various owners and companies. This gives it more of a homey feel since its not some mass commericalized area.

I do not care specifically for the quality of life in downtown Erie. I have heard that it can be sketch but honestly it's all about how aware one is and being smart. It's only a sketch situation if you let it get to that point.

Mariah

Gannon University is best known for there criminal justice program because of the instructors and teachings within the course, there Bio program is one of the best in the state and there volleyball team because they are D2

If i were able to go back in time and give myself advice about college, the first thing i would tell myself is to study. College is nothing like high school and your professors arent going to babysit you or hound you about turning in your homework or studying for an upcoming test. The paste is fast and if you dont do what you have to do you'll be left behind. The next thing i would tell myself is to get involved, open up. When you get involved your expierience in college will be a whole lot better then if you were to just stay to yourself. The last piece of advice would be to live on campus. Even though it is more expensive, living on campus will get you involved, it is more convient and less stressful on you because it less things you have to worried about compared to living at home.

I think the best thing about gannon is there faculty/staff and community/atmosphere. The faculty and staff are there for you when you need them and the community and atmosphere is a warm, welcoming, accepting one that you would love to be in

Brenna

I would tell myself not to take advantage of the free time that I have because there is always something to do. Whether it is studying, reviewing notes, doing homework or getting ahead there is always work to be done. This is a great use of time management so I do not get behind in the future. With that being said I would also tell myself not to go into college with clenched fists doing nothing but school work all day long. I would tell myself to get involved right away and join different clubs and organizations as well. It is good it be a well rounded person and make connections and friendships with other students. It's good to develope good social skills and have a good background in working with different people in different enviornments along with holding leadership positions.

The thing I like the most about Gannon is the small class size and the professionality of the professors. I really enjoy my professors and they are always there to help when I need help with the material or with the homework.

TAMMY

A solid foundation of education with emphasis on ethics and religion.

A solid foundation of education with emphasis on ethics and religion.

If I could go back to myself as a senior I would give myself encouragement to not put off my education. In 1988 when I graduated it was commonplace to be able to go straight from high school into a full-time career with benefits. I was able to do so, and then my situation changed drastically and I found that I was head-of-household with five children to provide for and no real education to back me up.

I wish that I would have known that even though I am an older student and single mother of five children, I can get my education. I would have started many years ago.

Margaret

I would have made the same decisions I made. I visited colleges early, determined my major, and figured out what I wanted out of a school. I wanted a strong academic school as well as a strong athletic school. Gannon also provides me with many leadership and service opportunities. Gannon is also focused on making each student well-rounded and I can appreciate this wholesome focus. I would advise myself to apply early and get to know people who are also going to Gannon.

A fun, academically driven student will enjoy Gannon's many opportunities. It is a small, urban campus located in the heart of Erie. Someone who enjoys small class sizes and a fun atmosphere will like Gannon's family feel.

Ganno is perfect for me. I wanted to go to a small, catholic university in Erie. I also play volleyball, as Gannon has a great athletic program as well. Gannon is also growing and renovating many of its buildings, making it a very modern campus. The close-knit community on campus makes everyone feel right at home! I like my small class sizes, professors, and multiple opportunities to get involved.

Shania

My classmates are all very friendly and driven to succeed.

My classmates are all very friendly and driven to succeed.

Gannon University has a very unique campus setting. I loved the way the campus is very clean and the grounds of the campus are well maintained. I chose Gannon over the other colleges I considered because it has a very strict Physician Assistant program which is ultimatley the program i want to get into. Another reason I chose Gannon was because the class sizes are not very big and you have the opportunity to talk to professors about questions you may have. I really like the fact that the professors are so helpful and you arn't just a number.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to enjoy the little things in life. Going to college is much more than just getting a degree. Going to college means leaving the only life you knew and creating an identity for yourself that will follow you for the rest of your life. I would tell myself to enjoy the little things in life my senior year because those little things will be the big things you miss the most when you go to college. I would tell myself to eat every bite of dinner my mother prepared every night because soon enough, your mother will be miles away and you will miss the smell of a fresh cooked meal. I would tell myself to spend as much time as i could cheering on my baby sister because when you go to college, you are too busy to go home for every soccer and t-ball game. The last thing i would tell myself is to just have fun and be less stressed out my senior year. The little things in life are ultimatley the big things you will miss most.

Kaycee

My school is great, the professors are helpful and I have a ton of rescources at my fingertips, everyone here wants me to succede.

I would tell myself that you just have to go with it, you have to embrace the change and make the best of the situation. college is a new experience, it can be scary but try not to get too stressed out. Make sure you come prepared, crazy things happen, have all of your insurence information with you and know how it works. Don't be afrade to ask for help, when you tell people your a first time college student, most of the time they will be considerate and help you out. college is a time to recreate yourself so be smart be safe and stay focused but dont forget to enjoy yourself too!

The most fustrating thing about my school is the wireless internet. it is great that they provide it, and very necessary, but hardly ever works. The wifi is slow and always locks me out, it alos often says that the wifi is "limited" and does not let me get on the internet. It is important for me to be able to get on the internet because all of my class assignments are uploaded there. I would recommend getting an ethernet cable to hook up directly as i will be doing the same thing.

Knowing what i know about college life, I would give myself information on how to study more conveniently and prepare myself for the future more. I am a transfer studen, at my old school I commuted every single day so i never truely got the college experience until now. I also changed my major three times. If I also had anything to tell my former self I would tell myself to really open my options and explore the fields to figure out exactly what I wanted to do, instead of having to change my major three times.

The worst thing i consider about my school would have to be that it is right in the city so there is alot of noise and people coming throughout the campus.

I think that any type of person should attend this school. It is very well organized and even though it is a catholic school they are open to all religions.

wilfried

Personally I’m not one to encourage people to put their eggs in one basket but when it comes to making your college dicicions this is one method I should have consider as a college student myself . Especially if you’re not financially wealthy, wasting money testing out Majors is not wise. We all seek happiness in this cold world, but proceeding with a miserable carrier to obtain a large sum of money will destroy one’s happiness in life. Taking the wrong major will only distract you from fulfilling what you want to be. Trusting and investing in you is one of the best things anyone could ever do in their college life. I’d advise myself to stop being “safe” with my choices and attack my passion head on. To Trust my heart and choose the course of study that interests and inspires me. To not base my path merely because it satisfies the expectations of others, or because it seems prudent at the time, but because it’s what I enjoy doing. At the end of the day, happiness is all we seek, and having an unbearable job, will not bring you the happiness you look for.

I wish I would have known about some of the scholarships that I qualify for, as well as the exact final price as to what the total price for my tuition and campus staying would be.

This school would be a good fit for someone who enjoys a direct relationship with their professor, medium to small spaced campus, and enjoys being part of the health of the environment. Someone that is in need to discover a friend that is just as weird as they are, and keep a strong relationship for the rest of their lives. Someone who will have connections as to finding a job after hey graduate college. someone who wants to discover who they are as a person.

Gannon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.