Erie, PA
Gannon University

Video courtesy of Gannon University.

Gannon University is a Catholic, Diocesan university dedicated to excellence in teaching, scholarship and service. Faculty and staff prepare students to be global citizens through learning that emphasizes faith, leadership, inclusiveness and social responsibility.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gannon University

Fixed  rate loan

Charlene

One of the best parts of growing up is the fact that all experiences provide the oppurtunity to learn. If I could go back in time and tell my high school self any advice I would for sure tell myself to explore career options and shadow professionals in interested fields. I was not exposed to many careers that I had later been interested while in college. As a result of this, I felt confused with no clear direction of a career path which added stress and uncertainty. I think it is very important to educate yourself about the many options and see them first hand. When I had finally made my career choice, it was after I had spent over 100 hours shadowing a physical therapist in an inpatient setting. Had I known this before starting school I could have attended a direct acceptance program. Regardless, I am happy with how my college career had unfolded, but if I had researched career options before attending college I could have avoided a lot of stress. Because of this, I encourage my younger friends and family to explore their options to set themselves up for success!

The best thing is how many clubs and organizations there are to be involved in. You can make the most out of your experience as you want. Gannon is also very involved in volunteer and service work which I really enjoyed.

The majority of social aspects of Gannon involve Greek Life. It felt clique-y at times .

lacei

I would say stay true to yourself and do not let anyone or anything come between you and the education you are pursuing. You make the rules of your life and if anyone cannot accept that than let them go.

any person can attend this school, there is a lot ethnicites here

some of the teachers and the classes

Nichole

People who will make you laugh, see you later, and could possibly be your neighbor.

Nichole, I know this is going to be different for you. You've always been close with your family and now you're looking at going four hours away to go to school. You shouldn't be scared or worried; this is actually going to be one of the best decisions you will make. I know you enjoyed high school, but just wait for college. You might just have three hours of school a day! You shouldn't be afraid of losing Rachel either. She will always be your best friend no matter where you go or what you do. You will also find friends for life at Gannon. Don't be afraid to meet new people and get involved. You never know where it can take you. Be strong, confident, and stay with your beliefs. You will do just fine. Make "Be There" one of your life sayings and live by it. Be there in every moment physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. And don't forget to make some memories too. P.S. don't date the guy you're considering dating in the first two weeks, it didn't turn out well. Love, Nichole

Cute boots are a necessity. Whether it is snowing or raining, boots are a great addition to anyones wardrobe. Erie's weather tends to change a lot, but by being prepared and having a pair of boots to match the weather, the weather will not have the advantage. Boots make walking anywhere fun, easy, and accessible.

Nichole

Gannon is not one of the biggest schools, but that is why I love it. Just walking down the street you can see many people you know. The classes are also smaller which allows for more student/ professor interaction. The faculty and students want to see each other succeed and will help someone do so. There is also a beach not far from campus which allows for extra fun in the warmer months. There are many layers to Gannon and I am glad that I chose to go there so I could experience them.

People need to be willing to branch out of their social groups. Don't be afraid to say hi and meet someone new. Students can be involved in multiple groups and organizations and that needs to be emphasized so students are willing to branch out of their groups.

Kelsey

Gannon University is unique, because they are a Catholic liberal studies University. This school makes their students diverse. Students take Theology, Philosophy, and Fine Arts classes. This school makes a student well-rounded. Gannon is very active in the community. Most of the clubs at Gannon University invovled community service and raising money for the community. Gannon has a lot of diversity not only with classes but also with students.

I would tell myself to not stress so much about being able to get through college. It is easy to make friends and acclimate to the college type workload. You do have to study more but everyone else at college has to study just as much so it makes it easy to study in groups. Get involved as much as possible. This will help the transition become more enjoyable and this will help make more friends. Get a job on campus to help with the cost of books and food. College is a big change but it only takes a couple weeks until it just seems like regular school. College is enjoyable as long as you can manage your time.

This univeristy is well diversed school. This school makes a person well-rounded. This university makes a student schedule classes outside of his or her major, such as philosophy and fine arts. Gannon University wants their students to succeed, so they help their students in any way that they can. A person who wants to succeed in life and make life long friends should attend Gannon University. A person who wants to get invovled with the community should attend Gannon University. Any person would be proud to be an alumni of Gannon University.

My classmates are all very inviting, amusing, outgoing, and very open to making friends and studying with one another.

Advide i would give to myself was to be open minded and not be so anxious about the first semester of college. Although, everyone is usually nervous, the experience is never as harsh as it seems to be.

The worst thing about Gannon University in my eyes would be walking from class to class in the frigid cold, although, the walkways are always paved and kept clear!

Brandy

It is a prestigious school with a great environment. It provides the best education with a religious backgroud. All students are required to take at least one sacred scripture class, which provides a strong basic education in theology. Some students, such as myself, wish to continue their religious education. This school provides the best education in Erie, PA with a highly valued degree.

The advice I would give my self would be to learn to manage my time better. College puts all the responsibility on the student, which I knew before I went to college, but it didn't realize how much time was required to study for each class. Managing time wisely is a key component to succeeding in college.

I wish I would have known how great of a school I was going to attend. I wish I would have been more prepared for how great of a school I was going to attend. It has the perfect balance of education and clubs and activities.

Zachery

Gannon university is the perfect school for me and my personality.

Gannon university is the perfect school for me and my personality.

Gannon university is just big enough to get the hands on experience. Gannon is not to big and not to small. The class rooms are just about as big as a high school class room. This gives us stedents the opportunity to ask questions and get help from the professor. The facaulty and staff here are very helpful and wise. They give great advise on situations that college students go through. With Gannon being a Catholic school it gives the surrounding area a very nice religous atmosphere.

My first advise to myself is to be open and be me. People in college find out who they really are during college. Take the hardest classes that you can to be the best at what your going to be coming out of college. The professors here at Gannon are willing to help you so do not be affraid to ask for some extra help. If your professor is not available then get extra help with a tutor. When you are able after football season get into other clubs that will be good to place on your resume for your future job or jobs.

Nikki

I got a lot of financial aid, but still cannot afford it.

I got a lot of financial aid, but still cannot afford it.

Nikki, you need to live on campus. You are being very financially responsible and all, but for just one year, live on campus. You can meet so many friends there. You work so hard every week. It is hard doing 50 hours a week to afford college, but you will be so happy. As it gets closer and closer to graduation, and as you start looking at graduate schools and their cost, it gets easier living at home and saving up money. You also meet a lot of people through your program. When you have two years with the same 100 students, you get to know a lot of them. It does kind of stink that it took so long. Take the extra time to be in as many extra curricular activities as you can, even if you think you can't, it always works out. Study hard, keep up on research. You'll have so much fun training dogs, researching fish, interning atTamarack Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, and doing everything else. I can never wait to see what you do next. We really do amaze me some times with the things we can fit in a week.

Someone who is outgoing to make friends

Gannon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.