Erie, PA
Gannon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gannon University

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

wilfried

Personally I’m not one to encourage people to put their eggs in one basket but when it comes to making your college dicicions this is one method I should have consider as a college student myself . Especially if you’re not financially wealthy, wasting money testing out Majors is not wise. We all seek happiness in this cold world, but proceeding with a miserable carrier to obtain a large sum of money will destroy one’s happiness in life. Taking the wrong major will only distract you from fulfilling what you want to be. Trusting and investing in you is one of the best things anyone could ever do in their college life. I’d advise myself to stop being “safe” with my choices and attack my passion head on. To Trust my heart and choose the course of study that interests and inspires me. To not base my path merely because it satisfies the expectations of others, or because it seems prudent at the time, but because it’s what I enjoy doing. At the end of the day, happiness is all we seek, and having an unbearable job, will not bring you the happiness you look for.

I wish I would have known about some of the scholarships that I qualify for, as well as the exact final price as to what the total price for my tuition and campus staying would be.

This school would be a good fit for someone who enjoys a direct relationship with their professor, medium to small spaced campus, and enjoys being part of the health of the environment. Someone that is in need to discover a friend that is just as weird as they are, and keep a strong relationship for the rest of their lives. Someone who will have connections as to finding a job after hey graduate college. someone who wants to discover who they are as a person.

Small class size, good interactions with the teachers

Small class size, good interactions with the teachers

I would tell myself to make sure I weigh all my options and think about finances when looking into colleges. In high school I was so concerned with going to a big school far away and I didn't even think about local, smaller schools. However, after a year and a half at a school out of state, I realized I was unhappy and spending too much money. I wish I would've taken the time to consider a local school like Gannon, because if I did I probably would've realized it was a much better fit for me. I also would tell myself to keep and open mind and try things I normally wouldn't, and to branch out. You can meet so many different people when do decide to do something that is out of your comfort zone, and I wish I would've realized that sooner.

The administrators of the school were very helpful in making sure I knew everything the school had to offer

I would tell myself to trust only a close few people and be good to the friends you make. Don't take your friends for granted because so many things can happen over the course of the year.

Gannon is a great school for health sciences, so if that is a person's interest, it is a great school to attend. The student must be dedicated and hard working for these majors, but it is worth it.

I talk about the health science programs, and all the interesting classes I get to take as a physician assistant student.

Brenna

My classmates at Gannon are engaged and friendly. The students are very interested in what they are learning and are always eager to ask questions and stay involved in the class. Also, all the classmates I have encountered are always willing to meet after class to work on an assignment or study for a test! It's very helpful when everyone is willing to work together and study. It makes the material easier to understand and you learn much more efficiently.

If I were to go back in time, the advice I would give my senior self is to learn how to manage your time and get involved. When I first got to college I easily got stressed out over school work and whether or not I would have enough time to finish it. It turns out that I had a lot more time than anticipated to get work done. When I was so busy stressing over school work I missed out on great opportunites to make new friends and get involved on campus. However, during that first semester I did learm how to manage my time so I could get my work done and still have time to do other extracurricular activities. College is not only about learning, but also making connections with people and putting yourself out there. This is a time to learn about yourself and others, and prepare yourself for your future career and life.

I find that the most frustrating thing about my school is there is not a lot of school spirit. The amount of students that go to the sporting events is very low and is disappointing to see. It would really be great if more students got involved and supported the school in the athletic department.

Tries to collectively tries to meet the needs of the diverse student body at large.

High school was a breeze, but it can never truly prepare yourself for college, you will be tested, mentally and emotionally but do not give up. Life has thrown you curve balls, but do not give up, just because you take more time to understand things does not mean you are any less intelligent than anyone else. Always strive and keep trying, do not ever lose sight of your dreams.

Early in my college career I was not fully prepared for the school's challenges. You really need to be mentally prepared to work, but still be able to balance your workload with every day life. If you are not prepared to work very hard and earn your grades then you should look elsewhere for schooling.

Jasmine

I would tell myself to simply be more open. College offers a lot of opportunities and the people in college are nothing like the kids in high school. I would have told myself to be involved in activities outside of the classroom and be open to making new friends instead of going to class and then going straight home. I would have prepared a lot better for college and I would have enjoyed my first semester so much more if I knew how cool people in college really were.

Charlene

One of the best parts of growing up is the fact that all experiences provide the oppurtunity to learn. If I could go back in time and tell my high school self any advice I would for sure tell myself to explore career options and shadow professionals in interested fields. I was not exposed to many careers that I had later been interested while in college. As a result of this, I felt confused with no clear direction of a career path which added stress and uncertainty. I think it is very important to educate yourself about the many options and see them first hand. When I had finally made my career choice, it was after I had spent over 100 hours shadowing a physical therapist in an inpatient setting. Had I known this before starting school I could have attended a direct acceptance program. Regardless, I am happy with how my college career had unfolded, but if I had researched career options before attending college I could have avoided a lot of stress. Because of this, I encourage my younger friends and family to explore their options to set themselves up for success!

The best thing is how many clubs and organizations there are to be involved in. You can make the most out of your experience as you want. Gannon is also very involved in volunteer and service work which I really enjoyed.

The majority of social aspects of Gannon involve Greek Life. It felt clique-y at times .

lacei

I would say stay true to yourself and do not let anyone or anything come between you and the education you are pursuing. You make the rules of your life and if anyone cannot accept that than let them go.

any person can attend this school, there is a lot ethnicites here

some of the teachers and the classes

Gannon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.