Erie, PA
Gannon University

Video courtesy of Gannon University.

Gannon University is a Catholic, Diocesan university dedicated to excellence in teaching, scholarship and service. Faculty and staff prepare students to be global citizens through learning that emphasizes faith, leadership, inclusiveness and social responsibility.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gannon University

Fixed  rate loan

Samir

Try to get a good scholarship that would pay for most of the college expenses as it can get very expensive (tuition, books, housing...). When you choose a career to pursue, try to talk to a few poeple who persued this career before as they might have some valuable information for your success. College will require much more studying than high school, be prepared for that from day one, as every day you slack off will be tough to make up.

The worst thing is probably the work load. The classes require a lot of work at home thus any full time student will find that he/she has no free time at all. Moreover, taking more than 12-13 credits a semester would be really tough.

A person who is ready to study to a lot and loves a sunny weather. Though he/she should be ready for temperatures over 110 in the summer, and below 32 at night in the winter.

Payton

My school is great at communicating the neccessary things that I need to know in order to furthur my education.

If I could go back in time I would advise myself to save more money. I wanted to attend classes on campus, but instead I was irresponsible and did not save enough money to live on my own. I am now living with my parents, taking classes online, and working two jobs in order to make payments to Herzing. Graduation money should be used for college, and college only!

I think the best thing about my school is that they make scheduling really easy and the advisors are willing to work with you on a personal, and professional level.

Christine

My classmates at Gannon University are very friendly and considerate.

My classmates at Gannon University are very friendly and considerate.

I would suggest that you stay focused and you figure out what you want to do with your life. You need to put forth all the effort possible and must learn to go out of your way to succeed. It will all pay off in the end, and you must take the smallest opprotunities into consideration. I would put school and studying before anything! I wouldnt let anyone get in my way and I would suggest to manage my time and extra-curricular activites alot better and more precise.

The kind of person who shouldnt attend Gannon is one who is not hard working or focused on their life goals/ethics.

Jenna

I would tell myself to start saving money because once you get past buying all of your books, random expenses show up and they can be quite costly. The other piece of advice I would give myself is to appreciate the family and friends I have now. Once you get to college it is hard to stay in contact with everyone so take advantage of the precious time you have with them now while you still can. Also start tracking down scholarships during your junior and senior year because they are very important especially when it comes to paying off your balance.

Chelsea

My classmates are friendly and easy to talk to and they are very driven on doing well in class.

I would tell myself that anything is possible. If there is a subject that you had a tough time with in high school you will be able to do well with it in college. College work takes time, dedication, and perservance. If you are willing to put the effort into your work you will excell and do get the good grades that you set out to get. I would also tell myself not to be intimidated with college and the large class sizes. Professors are always willing to help and they are there to promote you doing the best that you can do. My motto for college is, "The sky is the limit, you can do anything you set your mind to!" That is what I live my everyday to be the best student that I can be and to achieve my goal in becoming a Physician Assistant.

This school is accepting of all kinds of people. The school is mostly focused on medical and law studies.

ShayLynn

If I could go back and talk to myslef I would express how important it is to not procrastinate on doing your homework, do not put it off until the last minute. Always use that extra time for studying and if you need help ask a teacher or go see a tutor. The faculty and staff at the Fort Scot Community College are really good about helping the students if they are ever in need. I would also tell myself to save money , college is expensive when your paying out of pocket. I would also say it is a different transition from high school to college but it is worth it. Don't be scared to take that next big step in your life. It happens for a reason and change turns out o be a good thing. This is just another stepping stone in your life, so take it and succeed in all you do. There is never and obstacle to big to handle. You work through it and come out on top.

Katherine

Very motivated to succeed and willing to study with or provide help for one another. Nonjudgemental and very friendly overall. Tend to socialize with everyone regardless of race or gender.

Some words of advice that I would give myself would be to not be afraid. Although the whole process of going to college seems very scary at first, in reality there are plenty or people out there willing to help you if you need it. The University staff are very friendly and understanding if you are new to college. I would tell myself not to stress out too much about finances, because the financial aid office is always very willing to help you find the best way for you to afford school, because they want you to be able to afford your education. Most of all, do not be afraid of the professors. They want you to see you succeed as much as you do, and as long as you do your work and study hard, they will be willing to go above and beyond to help you achieve your goals. Finally, I would tell myself that there was no reason to have so much anxiety and fear, because overall it is a wonderful experience that will help you grow not only academically but as a person as well.

The best thing I consider to be about my school is the wonderful professors. They are very knowledgeable and are usually doing research in the field that they are teaching. Willing to go above and beyond to help you learn the information if you seek out their help, and also willing to help you find a tutor if you need one. They are not only great teachers, but great people as well that you can respect and get along with inside or outside of class.

Advice I would give to myself as a high school senior preparing for college would be to start preparing ealry. Applying, going, and packing for college takes a lot longer than you think it will and the earlier you start the better. Also, if your school doesn't send you a list of all the supplies you're going to need for college, then google a list, because there are things you won't even think about that you'll definitely want to bring with you. Start shopping for supplies once you get accepted. Just buy an under the bed storage container, which you'll need, and start filling it with all the things you'll need. Oh, and before you start buying big pieces of furniture, take in to considertation the size of your room, and the types of things your roommate wil be bringing. Most importantly, enjoy senior year, take embarassing pictures, and go to prom. Because when they say college changes everything, they're being honest, it does. Being independent and doing your own laundry is a lot more work then you think. And do your mom a favor, say thanks, for everything.

What I consider to be the best thing at my school is the students, faculty and staff. Everyone here is just friendly, and real. I just feel like everyone here is themself, all the time, and everyone else is pretty okay with that. I'm not sayin everybody is friends with everyone else, I'm just saying everyone for the most part part is accepting of everyone else's beliefs, traditions, and personalities. I like that I can be myself and not have to pretend to be somebody else just to feel at home. I feel at home here.

Things I wished I had known before I came to school here is mostly just the nicknames of things anad the shortcuts that make getting to class so much easier. Knowing that the Hammermill was actually connected to the Waldron, so you didn't have to go all the way outside and walk all the way around would have been nice to know, in addition to knowing that "Meet me at Jesus" is not a joke. There is a Jesus statue, and yes, people do meet there. Oh, and A.J.'s way is faster than the sidewalks.

Rebecca

Gannon University is a Catholic university that cares, develops, and edcautes their students to the best of their ability, while providing support and service when needed.

If I could back to when I was a high school senior and give myself advice, I would tell myself not to second guess. I have a bad habit of second guessing myself, and changing my mind a lot, I am too indecisive. I was accepeted to Gannon right away but did not accept until 2 days before classes started because I was planning on going somewhere else. I now realize I made the right decision by coming here. I would tell myself to save all the hassel, the money, and filling out applicatiions because Gannon University is where I am supposed to be. I would also tell myself not to slack off in highschool, it is a lot easier than college. I realize now that if I would have recieved better grades, I could of saved a lot more money and been in a better financial situation right now. All in all, I would tell myself to go with the flow, work harder, and be confident!

The kind of person that should not attend this school would be someone who just wants to come to college to party. Gannon is a small school where everybody knows everybody and your professors know you by name, it is awesome! Some people however, may not like it. Gannon is all about educating you in order to persure your career goals. The professors stive to make you the best student they can, they care. So if a student just wants to come to college to have a good time, this would not be the place for them.

Christen

If I could go back and give myself as a high school senior advice, I would first say relax. College will get stressful but do not let the stress over take you. I would tell myself to join many clubs and participate in any on campus events to help meet new people in the first few weeks of school. Do not assume your roommate is going to be your best friend- you will never be best friends with anyone you live with. Study hard but also take time for fun. Apply for scholarships and be proactive with applying for work study jobs because the less you have to pay now the better. You're going to grow away from your high school friends, it is a fact of life; however, you will make up for that with new friends. Enjoy every minute of college because the years will fly and you will never get them back.

Gannon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.