Gannon University

« See more reviews of Gannon University

The worst thing about Gannon University is the location. The summers are wonderful and the beach access is very enjoyable. However, the winters are horrendous. Because of Lake Erie, the winters are very intense and cold. Snow is measured in feet and not in inches here, and the wind is so strong sometimes that you can't even see. One of my jobs is babysitting in the mornings before classes and the snow sometimes makes it hard and dangerous to drive to work. One positive aspect of Gannon is that it is small and the buildings are close together.

To be honest there aren't that many bad things about Gannon. I wish that Gannon enrolled more students because it seems like there aren't that many people who go here. I believe there are about 6,000 undergrads that attend Gannon. That might be the perfect amount for some people but I was looking for something a little bigger. I hate to say it, but it almost feels like a high-school at times because everyone seems to know each other. Other than that small thing I've enjoyed myself here at Gannon a lot.

I would have to say there is nothing so bad or horrific about Gannon. The one thing that I would think is a disadvantage is the meal plan situation for food. They have specific rules about the meals and when you can have food. I do not agree with the plan because we are paying such money and can not eat more than 3 times a day. In addition, you can only get a max of two things when you go. They also do not refund you the meals you did not use so in the end your wasting money.

i don't know what the worst thing about my school would be. i would have to say that i was surprised at how many parties they have going on during the weekends, and pretty much any time. that is one thing that is not so great. but the worst thing would probably be that if you go right outside of the campus you are not in the best area to be walking alone. sometimes it can even be kind of intimidating.

The worst thing about Gannon is the surrounding Erie community. The surrounding community is very close to the poverty level and can be dangerous. Every year around November and December there are reports of students being attacked, mugged, or robbed. The community is not safe, but I believe that Gannon does a very good job of trying to protect the students and they plan well for emergencies.

The freshman dorms are very strict. You must sign people of the opposite gender up to the dorm room, and they must leave for the night by 11. Every night, the RA's come around, checking on the students, making sure no one is drinking or doing illegal drugs. "Lights Out" in the dorms is very restrictive. Freshman often have to be back early, so they don't get in trouble with the RA's.

There isn't alot to do socially which leaves no excuse for not studying. It is diverse but there are definately more females than males. If you are willing to trade the "college experience" for a good education, then enroll now. If not, enroll at a State school. You don't feel safe leaving campus so you are stuck in your dorm room alot with nothing to do except study or watch tv.

The worst thing about my school would be the hours of operation on the campus buildings. Because the amount of students here is not very large (about 4,000 undergrad and 2,000 graduate students) the campus does not see as many students at 'odd' hours so there are set hours for buildings. The weather is also difficult to deal with in the winter time.

I believe that more focus needs to be taken on student living, especially for incoming freshman in the fall. I know many people that had several roommate problems and I feel that student living should make a stronger attempt to ask more in depth questions for rooming assignments to avoid these potential problems.

The worst thing about Gannon is simply that I had hoped to go to a more accredited and rigorous institution. This one was the most affordable and seemed rational to attend considering I plan on also going to a graduate school and will need solid financial footing to do so.