Gannon University

« See more reviews of Gannon University

Things I wished I had known before I came to school here is mostly just the nicknames of things anad the shortcuts that make getting to class so much easier. Knowing that the Hammermill was actually connected to the Waldron, so you didn't have to go all the way outside and walk all the way around would have been nice to know, in addition to knowing that "Meet me at Jesus" is not a joke. There is a Jesus statue, and yes, people do meet there. Oh, and A.J.'s way is faster than the sidewalks.

i wish that before i got to gannon i had been more involved in my religion. when i got here i really started going to church and getting involved in retreats and faith sharing groups here on campus and i really enjoy it. It has really opened my eyes to a whole new perspective on things. i think that going to a catholic school has really brought out the best in me even though i didn't originally come here because of that reason. i was actually kind of skeptical about that to begin with.

I wish I had known how small Gannon truly is. I heard there were about 6,000 enrolled here which at the time seemed like a decent amount. I also wish I had known the "sign-in" policy at the dorms. If you live in a freshman dorm (Finegan or Werle Hall), you are required to sign-in any guest of the oppsite sex if you intend to take them up to your room. Also, during the week, visitors to your room of the opposite sex must leave by 11:30pm. On the weekend they must leave by 2pm.

I wish I would have known more about my chosen major. I am in a program that allows me to recieve a bachelors of health science within 3 years at Gannon and then I apply to medical school. I wish I would have known how you go about doing that so that I would have made closer teacher relationships for letter of reccomendation reasons. I also wish I would have known how different college is from high school. As in how much harder it is. (Compared to my high school)

Before attending Gannon University, I wish that I would have been informed about the student housing agrrements. When you arrive at Gannon University as a freshman, unless you live in what is known as a commuters distance, you must live in Gannon Freshman housing. This means that you have a freshman curphew for the first four weeks of school, and also states that you must live in Gannon housing one year after your freshman year.

Cute boots are a necessity. Whether it is snowing or raining, boots are a great addition to anyones wardrobe. Erie's weather tends to change a lot, but by being prepared and having a pair of boots to match the weather, the weather will not have the advantage. Boots make walking anywhere fun, easy, and accessible.

I wish I would have known more about the financial aid programs that were available to student's who attend Catholic colleges. There are numerous ways to obtain grants and funding without having to take out loans that would have helped put me in a better financial situation than I am currently in.

Before I came to Gannon University, I wish I knew more about the city and the area in which its located in, because I was unaware of the crime that went on in and around the Gannon campus. Downtown Erie is not as safe as I would have thought and I wish I knew this before I came to the school.

Before I came to Gannon, I wish I would have known the Erie area better. It's fascinating discovering local businesses, but I would save so much time if I knew more. There are so many resources in downtown Erie for college students. Sometimes, I feel like I'm missing out.

I wish I would have known about sororities. I am happy with my involvement in clubs and honor societies, but I would like more social engagement. Because I am not very close to home, I would like to make more friends to enjoy time when I am not studying.